Carol's Daughter shopping spree...anyone use.....?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I got the Saturday Morning Special....this is my first time buying any of their stuff. http://www.carolsdaughter.com/prodinfo.asp?number=01-0291

I wanted to try something all natural...my cousin is using their products and loves them, though I dunno exactly what she is using. The package I bought includes:

Rosemary Mint Shampoo with Sea Moss, 8 oz.
Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner, 8 oz.
Hair Milk, 4 oz.
Kizzi "Stay Put" Hair Pomade, 3 oz.
Healthy Hair Butter, 4 oz.
Tui Hair Oil, 2 oz.

And as a side note, I also bought some skin stuff:
Essential Serum Normal-to-Dry Skin
Rose & Chamomile Toner
Ylang-Ylang & Patchouli Gentle Face Wash

Anyone use any of this stuff and can provide some feedback? I'm an all natural 4a with lots of growth and am making great progress...just wanna keep it moving and move towards more natural stuff.

pmichael52172

I'm not natural but I tell you what. I discovered that my Sephora carries her whole line and while I was in line waiting to purchase, I sprayed and smelled a few things. If I wasn't in such of a hurry, I would have gone back to buy some things.

I'm so glad I they carry it.

mw138

I've tried the Hair Milk and the Healthy Hair Butter. The Hair Milk I ended up returning to Sephora because it did nothing for my hair. I would put it on and my hair felt dry rather than moisturized. I've been using Healthy Hair Butter for about a year now and my hair really loves it. It moisturizes my hair very well. I prefer it over the lotion-type products I've used in the past.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
good to know....i will use it sparingly at first to see how my hair reacts.....my hair is dry enough already!

rayne

A friend of mine uses the Black Vanilla LIC on her daughter who is natural. She said that it makes her hair much more managable. I think she also said that it helps to relax the curl a little bit.

SouthernTease

The only thing I like from them is "Lisa's Hair Elixir"
I tried the other stuff by Carol's Daughter
and it just didn't do anything for me.

TeeKay21

I love the Hair Milk, Healthy Hair Butter and Tui Hair oil.

Hair Milk is very light and i use it nightly when I roll my hair up. Just a very small dab on each section (and I mean SMALLL, cause this stuff can be runny and leave your hair wet and weighed down). When I remove the rollers in the morning my hair is very moisturized.

Hair Butter is very thick. I use it on wet hair because it's super concentrated. It lays my hair down and makes it sleek for air drying. (I usually put it on and then tie on my du-rag and let it air dry overnight.

I put the Tui hair oil on the next morning after rolling or air drying to seal in the moisture. I use maybe a quarter-sized amount for my whole head (once again, very concentrated stuff.) and rub through with my fingertips, getting my scalp massage in the process to kill two birds with one stone.

THe other products I've tried were not that great (for MY hair). The vanilla leave in conditioner was sticky and didn't do much. The vanilla shampoo was a little watery. The Kizzy was okay for slicking the edges if there wasn't a lot of new growth to contend with. I still use it once in a while b/c it smells divine! It's up to you and your hair what you need, what didn't work for me might work for you.

Last edited: