Can't view images posted in threads

Sweetyb

For some reason, I can't see actual pictures that were posted in threads, yet there are replies from people commenting on those pictures. So I guess they can see them, yet all I see is a link to the image, sometimes not a complete one. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Cincysweetie

I was having the same prob on my bro's computer, I'll bump up the thread where we were talking about this on here. I just discovered it's because he has a firewall on his computer that keeps me from seeing just about everything AND it makes the computer move a lot slower when surfing the net. From now on I'll just disable it while I'm on the site (which I feel is pretty safe) and then turn it back on when I leave the site. If you have a a Firewall try that.

Sweetyb

Thanks so much. I saw the bumped thread and yes I do use a firewall. I guess security is more important than viewing pictures, for me. (Well, I say that right now...)

Blossssom

Sweetyb said:
Thanks so much. I saw the bumped thread and yes I do use a firewall. I guess security is more important than viewing pictures, for me. (Well, I say that right now...)

Odd... I was just conversing about this :)

I'm with you. Security is more important than smilies. I'll do what I can, but security comes FIRST! :)

I think I've seen enough of Fantasia and ugly a$$ Serena anyway. Maybe I need to stay "blind". LOL! :)

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Cincysweetie said:
I was having the same prob on my bro's computer, I'll bump up the thread where we were talking about this on here. I just discovered it's because he has a firewall on his computer that keeps me from seeing just about everything AND it makes the computer move a lot slower when surfing the net. From now on I'll just disable it while I'm on the site (which I feel is pretty safe) and then turn it back on when I leave the site. If you have a a Firewall try that.
Be careful because this site is safe but your computer isn't. Switching off the firewall allows your computer to be open to viruses and attacks from people that have nothing to do all day but to cause trouble.

Usually problems like this occurr with Norton's firewall. There are instructions on how to allow one site to show its images etc. on www.symantec.com. If your firewall is a different brand the support section of the vendor should also have instructions regarding this issue. Alternative google "cannot see images because of my firewall"