Can you wash one day and perm the next?

happyyogi

Or will I be on FIRE? It's time for my relaxer. I plan to go to a concert on Friday (Calvin Richardson!) and really want to wear my hair down. So, I must wash it. However, I will only have a chance to get my perm on Saturday. Should I just wait on getting my perm? If I wait it may not be until Wednesday or even Friday
of next week before I can schedule an appointment. What do ya'll think? TIA!

Nice

[ QUOTE ]
happyyogi said:
Or will I be on FIRE? It's time for my relaxer. I plan to go to a concert on Friday (Calvin Richardson!) and really want to wear my hair down. So, I must wash it. However, I will only have a chance to get my perm on Saturday. Should I just wait on getting my perm? If I wait it may not be until Wednesday or even Friday
of next week before I can schedule an appointment. What do ya'll think? TIA!

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl don't even do it to yourself. I would wait to get my perm.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I too asked the same question last week, what I did was washed on Monday, skiped Tuesday and got a perm on Wednesday and I was fine.

Honi

There is no board.
If you don't want your scalp to be oozing clear fluid, hair sticking to your scabby scalp don't do it gurl. I would wait a few days.

happyyogi

OK OK OK OK! I hear ya'll loud and clear! I will definitely wait! You know how it is when you see your reqular perm date pass by! But, a sista just gotta wait! Honi-
I was making all kinds of faces just reading your post! Thanks
for looking out ladies!

happyyogi

Ya'll now I feel like "WHAT WAS I THINKING
??" I remember once when this girl I know washed her hair one day and permed it the next because after she washed it she realized it was past due for a relaxer. I don't know what she did to not to have to get an extinguisher!

WesternEyes

I've done this before. In fact most of the time I put a perm in, I wash either a day or two before. Never have any problems, but then again every one's hair is different. If you've never done this before, maybe you should wait. Better to be safe than sorry.