Can you Wash Kinky Twist?

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Can kinky twist with the ends curled be washed? I just got them in and the girl who did mine said she has not heard of anyone washing their hair. I thought that was gross 8 weeks of not washing your hair. When I wash my twist will the curled ends go straight?

scarcity21

Can kinky twist with the ends curled be washed? I just got them in and the girl who did mine said she has not heard of anyone washing their hair. I thought that was gross 8 weeks of not washing your hair. When I wash my twist will the curled ends go straight?

i used to get them all the time with synthetic marley braids...u can wash them...the ends will still remain curly....and even if they start to straighten towards the 6th or 7th week its so easy to recurl...lemme know if u have any more questions...hth

hunnyhun921

I have some in and have washed them once. As a matter of fact I'm getting ready to wash them again. I think mine started looking better after I washed them. And yes the ends did remain curly.

Fleurzty

I've worn these and washed them every time without any problems. The only thing you might need to be careful with is them loosening after a couple of washes.

loulou82

Heck yeah I wash them. I getting them today. I wash and DC them every two weeks with diluted shampoo and conditioner. Each week I do a scalp cleanse with witch hazel and distilled water. You can also do a ACV rinse to get rid of build up between washings. My twists actually look better after the first wash. They start to look more natural.

ETA: my ends remain curled during the whole installation.

shoediva2006

Yes you certainly can. I washed every week with diluted shampoo and conditioner. Then I spray them with African Pride braid spray, applied a little olive oil and jam to slick down any hairs that were sticking up. In between washes if my scalp felt sweaty and nasty (it was summer and I had just started to work out 3-4 days a week) I used that herbal cleanse lather less shampoo by organic root stimulator to cleanse my scalp. My curls returned back to there normal curl pattern when my hair dried. If your ends don't curl back up roll the ends up on perm rods and put your ends in steaming hot water. I have a picture in my fokti http://public.fotki.com/shoediva2006/ of my kinky twist that were 2 months old. It's not good quality but you can see that I still have my curls at the ends. My password is in my profile.

Platinum

I washed my twists when I had them with diluted shampoo or baking soda and water. I used the BS in an applicator bottle to cleanse my scalp (I was using a lot of growth aids back then).