Can you be free?

LucieLoo12

I was just thinking about this yesturday..

There isn't ONE sin we have to live with. I hear a lot of people say "everybody gone sin", "you gotta sin"..but this isnt biblical at all.

Can you name one sin we have to do to live/survive? Sin is by choice.

It just breaks my heart when people feel like they have to live a life bound by something.Christ just didnt come so we could just be forgiven of sin, but He came that we may be free from it.

God Bless

You're right ..NO I don't have to live in sin nor accept it as "every body" does it. I have to say I'm working on the inner man daily and for me, hidden sins, i.e., aught, strife, unforgiveness, hatred... matters of the heart.... are far more dangerous to my spiritual life than the obvious in-your-face sins that everyone can see, because I fear God not man!

Great thought for today....

As long as you are a living, breathing human being being sin is unavoidable, no matter how much we try.
not being able to avoid sin is what separates God from man and we can never be God.

Last edited:
cyrealla

When I say this, I am not trying to attack you, but do you have a scriptures to provide to show this statement you made is correct? Alot of time we go by what heard or someone have told us. But yes, we face sin every of our lifes,but we dont have to partake of it.

The bible says we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free.Free from what? Free from sin and bondage. The bible also says the wages of sin is death, so if sin is something we must do, then does that mean we are all damned?

So Christ came and died so I still have a life of sin?

We dont have to lie, cheat, steal, kill, fornicate, have anger, envy strife, jealously, ect....but we can be made free. You dont HAVE to do any of those things, we choose to.

As long as you are a living, breathing human being being sin is unavoidable, no matter how much we try.
not being able to avoid sin is what separates God from man and we can never be God.

So true sis! Laela

God is working on every crevice in my heart..On the things people can't see. Thats how I know true deliverance is taking place. Because its not just about getting those things right that are visible, but its about the whole man being re-made. But my delieverance is taking place, in those fiery trials that have been coming my way.:yep:. But Im so tired of myself, I'm like "God do whatever you need to do, just make me like you"

You're right ..NO I don't have to live in sin nor accept it as "every body" does it. I have to say I'm working on the inner man daily and for me, hidden sins, i.e., aught, strife, unforgiveness, hatred... matters of the heart.... are far more dangerous to my spiritual life than the obvious in-your-face sins that everyone can see, because I fear God not man!

Great thought for today....

Actually we can live sin free lives Jesus did and so can we, he's our example ...

We know that he didn't have super human strength that caused him to over come but he was like you and me....

Heb 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.

We can't even say that he got a 'free pass' because of his good looks;
Isa
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

sometimes I tell him; Lord the day the moment that I get everything right, that I'm most like you, take me away cause I don't want to mess that up...

So true sis! @Laela

God is working on every crevice in my heart..On the things people can't see. Thats how I know true deliverance is taking place. Because its not just about getting those things right that are visible, but its about the whole man being re-made. But my delieverance is taking place, in those fiery trials that have been coming my way.:yep:. But Im so tired of myself, I'm like "God do whatever you need to do, just make me like you"

@cyrealla

When I say this, I am not trying to attack you, but do you have a scriptures to provide to show this statement you made is correct? Alot of time we go by what heard or someone have told us. But yes, we face sin every of our lifes,but we dont have to partake of it.

The bible says we shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free.Free from what? Free from sin and bondage. The bible also says the wages of sin is death, so if sin is something we must do, then does that mean we are all damned?

So Christ came and died so I still have a life of sin?

We dont have to lie, cheat, steal, kill, fornicate, have anger, envy strife, jealously, ect....but we can be made free. You dont HAVE to do any of those things, we choose to.

Adam, the first human, rebelled against God and brought sin into the world, passing that sin onto all humans and tarnishing God’s image in humankind. All humans, except Jesus, inherit a sinful nature, are born rebellious against God in both nature and practice, are alienated from having a true relationship with God and are under the bondage of sin and enslaved to unrighteousness. Thus, humans are completely unable to save themselves from their sinful and lost condition and are completely unable to make themselves right with God through any action or desire, because even one sin results in spiritual and physical death. A human’s inability to save themselves places them under the wrath, condemnation and righteous judgment of God, meaning that a Savior is needed to save humans from themselves. Genesis 3:1–24, Ephesians 2:1–3, Romans 3:23.

You're telling half of the story....

Adam, the first human, rebelled against God and brought sin into the world, passing that sin onto all humans and tarnishing God’s image in humankind. All humans, except Jesus, inherit a sinful nature, are born rebellious against God in both nature and practice, are alienated from having a true relationship with God and are under the bondage of sin and enslaved to unrighteousness. Thus, humans are completely unable to save themselves from their sinful and lost condition and are completely unable to make themselves right with God through any action or desire, because even one sin results in spiritual and physical death. A human’s inability to save themselves places them under the wrath, condemnation and righteous judgment of God, meaning that a Savior is needed to save humans from themselves. Genesis 3:1–24, Ephesians 2:1–3, Romans 3:23.

@cyrealla

You are right, the fall of man did come from Adam, but Christ came that so we could be restored to our original state. Which was to be upright before God. Jesus didn't take come away the judgement of sin, but he came to leave us without an excuse to sin.

1John 3 v 8-9
8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

This is when Jesus was talking with the woman caught in adultery.
John 8

10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

He wasn't excusing or justifying her sin, but he was being merciful unto her, and because HE was being merciful, He expecting her to leave and NOT do it again..

Roman 6 v1-2

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6

11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

22But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

its so many scriptures on not sinning. God wouldnt command us something He knew we wasnt capable of. This is why we need the Holy Ghost

Last edited:
Jesus took care of our sin >2000 years ago past, present, future. We are not forgiven based on our knowledge of sin. It is based on HIS knowledge….of our entire lives. Just because Jesus gave his life does NOT give us reason to live a licentious life. You just don't go around treating the Grace of God like it's nothing.

There is an internal struggle regarding sin. Paul said in Romans 7: 14-25. Basically, the more you try not to do it the more you want to do it. BUT…it is Christ who frees you.

From NLT

14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin.
15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.
16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good.
17So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

18 And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t.
19 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. 20But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.
22I love God’s law with all my heart.
23 But there is another powere within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.
24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?
25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

There are 2 things we battle when we come to some kind of temptation.

1. Your mind
2. Your behavior

If you don't win the battle in your mind you are gonna lose the battle in your behavior because what the mind thinks governs everything..your behavior, what you see, how you speak, etc. These things will be constant for your entire life considering the world we live in. You are not obligated to submit to that sinful nature.

It should not be YOU "trying" not to do. It is the Spirit within that you listen to. The Spirit will govern your actions, etc.

Romans 8:1-8

1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
2 And because you belong to him, the powera of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
3 The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
4 He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.

5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.
6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will.
8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.

Last edited:
Back