Can we start a campaign to stop inompetent stylists?

Lovelylocs

Who do we talk to the board of health?

Licensed hairstylists are presumed to know how to do the services that that they offer competently. They do not have to be the best at cutting or coloring. They may even only know how to do styles from the 70s or 80s, but they should at least not harm their clients.

Some hair dressers do not take what they are doing seriously enough IMO. They don't seem to understand that relaxers are serious chemicals that can cause burns, serious hair damage, and permanent hair loss.

Maybe the criteria for getting a hair license is too low.

Whatever the reason, consumers need to be protected. I may write a letter. What do you guys think?

Bun Mistress

I went for a flat iron a week ago and instead of properly detangling my hair, the style just did more passes. I mean I'm talking 7 to 8 passes on my hair that usually only needs 2 to 3. I thought to myself, "stop being lazy comb chase! Comb chase!"

longhairlover

that would get rid of about 80% of them lol!
I'm starting to think they mess people's hair up on purpose and for those that don't know their hair or aren't exposed to hair boards like this one you just think you need to go to the stylist more, I think it's a plot for them to get more business to the uneducated customers.

and i'm getting tired of stylists that don't know how to care for our hair even some of our own, it's not that darn complicated. hair is hair just different textures no matter the race all hair should be treated equally with the same darn care. when my mom was a stylists the salons she worked at they never messed people's hair up and it was because the stylists cared about the care of black hair. now people don't give a f and it's a shame.

Lovelylocs

I agree. It's a bunch of people who just wanna make some money doing something and figure hair is easy.

Lovelylocs

I mean a major problem is that you can't really hold the hair dressers accountable. What are you going to do sue them? They have no money so it would be a waste of time!!! :wallbash:

That's why there needs to be laws in place to prevent horrible stylists from getting a license in the first place.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
just dont got to the dang-gon stylist!! learn to do your own hair!! then you wont have to worrry about the bi-ochess cutting off your hair!!......sike, im playin yall. yea we need to start a campaign........:look:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I went for a flat iron a week ago and instead of properly detangling my hair, the style just did more passes. I mean I'm talking 7 to 8 passes on my hair that usually only needs 2 to 3. I thought to myself, "stop being lazy comb chase! Comb chase!"

That's crazy! I would have stopped her in her tracks and got the hell out of there.

Lovelylocs

just dont got to the dang-gon stylist!! learn to do your own hair!! then you wont have to worrry about the bi-ochess cutting off your hair!!......sike, im playin yall. yea we need to start a campaign........:look:

I'm not talking about getting a bad haircut or getting 2 inches cut off instead of 1/4 of an inch. I am talking about going in for a retouch and you leaving with burns on your scalp, neck, and forehead. I'm not talking about vanity. I'm talking about safety. Relaxers are serious chemicals.

And it is not about learning how to do your own retouches. When stylists offer a service like relaxers, they should be able to perform the service without causing you an injury.

Last edited:

brownelovely

There are many talented stylists out there that are dedicated to helping clients grow and maintain healthy hair. There is no need to write anyone...a "incompetent" stylist can't do your hair unless you allow them.

The key to finding a good stylist is doing thorough research. People are quick to blame a stylist far doing something wrong but slow tp tell this person that they don't like what they are doing to their hair. It makes no sense ... With all the resources available there should be no problem in finding someone that is up to your standards. Either that or learn to DIY.