Can we give mineral oil a second chance

Neen

I think it varies from product to product. I also HATE pink oil but I LOVE lekair cholesterol and ORS Olive Oil, both of which contain mineral oil. So, I can't just write a product off because mineral oil is in it. Like many other things, it may have to work in conjunction with other ingredients in order to get the best results.

aikaa71

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
Now that i am learned about haircare, i like using stuff with mineral oil

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I used to just pick up a product and try it on my hair. Ever since I began my "12 inches in a year" experiment I have been very cautious about what I put in my hair and products that contain petroleum and mineral oil are out for me. And guess what my hair DOES NOT miss these products.

I get an inch a month so far (I began my experiment in Jan 2004) so I am going to continue to do what works.

Neen

[ QUOTE ]
simplycee said:

I get an inch a month so far (I began my experiment in Jan 2004) so I am going to continue to do what works.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it that you are doing? I would love to get an inch in a month

shinyblackhair

My Elasta QP Recovery has some mineral oil in it. I almost never tried it because of this. Howevery it was so cheap and smelled so good I bought it anyway. I'm SO glad I did because it's my favorite.

Also Motion Silk Protein has mineral oil too and this happens to be my fave milk protein conditioner.

Foxycus02

I usually avoid mineral oil but I dont let it rule out any of my products. I usually buy a product, if it has mineral oil further down in the ingredient list. My reason being I HATE greasy hair, greasy skin, greasy anything. There is a big difference between soft n greasy, N I aim for softness not products that will weigh my hair down and in the experience that Ive had being a personal guinea pig to about 1001 products. Products with mineral oil as a first or second ingredient tend to be real heavy and have real greasy consistency.

missykeyana

I usually avoid mineral oil, but ORS Olive Oil has it and I like that. It's the only product I use with it in there though, especially since Pink Oil did the same thing to my hair when it was relaxed AND when it was natural.

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
I'll use mineral oil if it's listed way down the list of ingredients in a product.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for me. But if it's first - no way!

Devi

I think that mineral oil is ok to use if you shampoo your hair often, and not with those super gentle shampoos.

Also if you don't put it on your scalp and if you don't use too much of it. Like if you use a conditioner that has it, a leave in that has it and then put grease or something up in it, then you keep applying it every day... that's od