Can someone please give me scripture for...

Misshairdiva

Can someone please give me scripture for my daughter. She is a military wife who lived in fla. She asked me to fly her up here for a vaca. Well, just arrived today and then she proceeded to tell me that the closer she would get to God the more distant her husband would get. Then he told her that he has been hanging around and working with a bunch of men who are athiest and that is what he is now. She told me that he refuses now to say grace, just eats when she does it infront of their two year old, and now refuses to let her drive the car to church. She said she felt as if he was draining her spirit.
I am asking for two things.. one, for ladies to pray for her husband that he will give his life to the Lord. (I dont understand it! She took him to a healing service where a man had the gift through God to heal peoples mouth. He said to the audience that there was an unbeliever and that when he gets home to look in his mouth and that his filling will have changed color). Her dh went home and to prove a point opened up his mouth and was SHOCKED! His filling changed from black to bright silver! Immediately he told my pregnant daughter to go to the court house that he wanted to do the right thing and get married. They married and then started to going to church and Bible study.
The other thing I am asking for is scripture to show my daughter in the Bible where it talks about spouses not being Believers. I know its in there somewhere but I have no clue where. Also, if someone has a word for her I'll copy and paste it and email it to her.
Thanks sooo much ladies in advance for your prayers for my daughters husband, this marriage and your words of wisdom!
Have a blessed evening!!

LovinLocks

"The other thing I am asking for is scripture to show my daughter in the Bible where it talks about spouses not being Believers."
Mildness is especially important in a religiously divided home. Coupled with kindly deeds, it can help to win over to Jehovah those who are not favorably disposed. Peter counseled Christian wives: “Be in subjection to your own husbands, in order that, if any are not obedient to the word, they may be won without a word through the conduct of their wives, because of having been eyewitnesses of your chaste conduct together with deep respect. And do not let your adornment be that of the external braiding of the hair and of the putting on of gold ornaments or the wearing of outer garments, but let it be the secret person of the heart in the incorruptible apparel of the quiet and mild spirit, which is of great value in the eyes of God.”—1 Peter 3:1-4.

suburbanbushbabe

Luke 12:49-56

49 “I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! 50 I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished. 51 Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! 52 From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against—or two in favor and three against.

53 ‘Father will be divided against son
and son against father;
mother against daughter
and daughter against mother;
and mother-in-law against daughter-in-law
and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.’[a]”

54 Then Jesus turned to the crowd and said, “When you see clouds beginning to form in the west, you say, ‘Here comes a shower.’ And you are right. 55 When the south wind blows, you say, ‘Today will be a scorcher.’ And it is. 56 You fools! You know how to interpret the weather signs of the earth and sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the present times

kayte

I confess..with exception of the verse from Peter
and the kind offer of interecession
very confused w/the above biblical reference
as it pertains to the OP's request

ie:
“I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! 50 I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished. 51 Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! 52 From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against—or two in favor and three against.

I guess every one has their own intrepretations?

I'd post the verse from Peter...that I like the best as per this situation....but as that was already done..Paul's writings
immediately came to mind....& yes-:) praying for your daughter

OP- is this what you meant?

Message Bible Version of 1Corinthinans 7

10-11

And if you are married, stay married. This is the Master's command, not mine. If a wife should leave her husband, she must either remain single or else come back and make things right with him. And a husband has no right to get rid of his wife.

12-14

For the rest of you who are in mixed marriages—Christian married to non-Christian—we have no explicit command from the Master. So this is what you must do. If you are a man with a wife who is not a believer but who still wants to live with you, hold on to her. If you are a woman with a husband who is not a believer but he wants to live with you, hold on to him. The unbelieving husband shares to an extent in the holiness of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is likewise touched by the holiness of her husband. Otherwise, your children would be left out; as it is, they also are included in the spiritual purposes of God.

15-16

On the other hand, if the unbelieving spouse walks out, you've got to let him or her go. You don't have to hold on desperately. God has called us to make the best of it, as peacefully as we can. You never know, wife: The way you handle this might bring your husband not only back to you but to God. You never know, husband: The way you handle this might bring your wife not only back to you but to God.

And don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. God, not your marital status, defines your life. Don't think I'm being harder on you than on the others. I give this same counsel in all the churches.

Last edited:

Misshairdiva

Thanks so much Kayte it was Corinthians 12-14 that talk about mixed marriages! That was exactly the one I was looking for!!!!

Prudent1

Luke 12:49-56

49 “I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! 50 I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished. 51 Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! 52 From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against—or two in favor and three against.

53 ‘Father will be divided against son
and son against father;
mother against daughter
and daughter against mother;
and mother-in-law against daughter-in-law
and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.’[a]”

54 Then Jesus turned to the crowd and said, “When you see clouds beginning to form in the west, you say, ‘Here comes a shower.’ And you are right. 55 When the south wind blows, you say, ‘Today will be a scorcher.’ And it is. 56 You fools! You know how to interpret the weather signs of the earth and sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the present times

Ooh, this is so good!!
Fires purify. A lot of the destruction we see from forest fires would've been minimized had naturally occuring fires in nature (lightening strikes etc) been allowed to continue but monitored by rangers etc. Occasional fires keep underbrush from building up excessively. Nature enthusiasts who do not understand this have interfered with this process so that when fires do occur they are uncontrollable and cause millions in damages. Fires (trials) for the Christian purify. Nothing has the ability to show you who you are (if you go endure and go through with God) like a marriage.

I confess..with exception of the verse from Peter
and the kind offer of interecession
very confused w/the above biblical reference
as it pertains to the OP's request

ie:

I guess every one has their own intrepretations?

I'd post the verse from Peter...that I like the best as per this situation....but as that was already done..Paul's writings
immediately came to mind....& yes- praying for your daughter

OP- is this what you meant?

Hi Kayte!
I'll take a stab at how the biblical reference from SBB was meant to pertain to the OP's request.:look: In this passage of scripture we see Christ speaking of the fact that from that point on, choosing to actively follow him and lead a godly life will cause division among even family members. If we were all reared the same way but at some point I become a Christian, some of my family will reject me. If we are all Christian but I choose to become a practicing atheist, that will cause division among us. The root of that division is what we will choose to do with the information available to us concerning Christ. So, the OP's SIL had a Gideon type experience (Judges 6) where he saw a tangible sign (his dental work completely changed as spoken by a total stranger who would not have known anything about his teeth) but sometime later is choosing to disregard previous knowledge.
Slightly OT: That is why the bible tells us it is better (requires a different type of faith) to believe having never seen signs or having never seen this invisible God than to have signs on a regular basis. They can be misleading b/c the enemy has the ability to perform signs too. He just doesn't have all power. Human nature is that we tend to forget good things quickly. Bad memories linger and are often re-hashed by us on the other hand. It explains how the children of Israel, prophets, and countless eyewitnesses, (and us too) saw with their own eyes multiple signs but still committed the same sins over and over again. We say, "How could they do that? They saw the Red Sea parted or they saw the dead live again." That's why we renew our minds, plug in, and do things like journaling. To keep the good memories fresh and remember their relevance. God knows these lil fickle human minds:lachen:. No one has to remind us of the lousy dudes we've been hurt by, the friends who betrayed us, our financial woes, etc. Just one more example of how we have an innate desire to be good but need divine assistance to actually be able to do more than desire.:ohwell:
John 4:48
Jesus asked, "Will you never believe in me unless you see miraculous signs and wonders?"
Matthew 24:24 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

Ok, back on topic: The OP's DD may be encouraged to know that this is an experience that she and countless other believers will face but like anything else, there is nothing too hard for God. It may help her to understand as she is praying for him and enduring this particular trial that God is on her side and victory is hers. So, the divisiveness mentioned in the text is another fore-warning of what may happen as a result of our choosing to actively persue a relationship with Jesus. I hope that makes sense.

:drunk::spinning::yep:

Prudent1

Misshairdiva,
Your hair looks good in your siggie pic! Also, I am def praying for your family and this situation:yep:.

Prudent1

Peace for a Troubled Marriage Prayer
Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus, we bring ____________ before You. We pray and confess Your Word over them, and as we do, we use our faith, believing that Your Word will come to pass.

Therefore we stand in the gap for ______________ and we pray and confess that ____________ will let all bitterness, indignation, wrath, rage, bad temper, resentment, brawling, clamor, contention, slander, abuse, evil speaking or blasphemous language, all malice, spite and ill will be banished from them. We pray that __________ have become useful and helpful and kind to each other, tenderhearted, compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted, forgiving one another readily and freely as You Father, in Christ, forgave them (Ephesians 4:31).

We ask Lord that they will walk in love, esteeming and delighting in one another as Christ loved them and gave Himself up for them, a slain offering and sacrifice to You, God, so that it became a sweet fragrance (Ephesians 5).

Satan, we render you helpless in your activities in the lives of __________. We come against the spirit of separation and divorce, and we loose you from your assignment against them. Satan, your power is broken from their marriage in the name of Jesus (2 Timothy 2:26).

Heavenly Father, we thank You that ______________ will be constantly renewed in the spirit of their minds, having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude. They have put on the new nature and are created in God's image in the true righteousness and holiness (Ephesians 4:23). They have come to their senses and escaped out of the snare of the devil who has held them captive and henceforth will do Your will, which is that they love one another with the God-kind of love, united in total peace and harmony and happiness.

Lord we know that whatever you forbid and declare to be improper and unlawful on earth must be what is already forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit and declare proper and lawful on earth must be what is already permitted in Heaven (Matthew 18:18).

Therefore, Lord, I ask you to speak to their hearts and heal their hurts so they may be reconciled to making this marriage work. In Jesus Name We Pray. Amen

Prudent1

Restoration of Marriage
Heavenly Father I thank You that You will hear my prayer, for I come in the Name of Jesus and on the authority of Your Word. I come boldly to the throne of grace to receive mercy and find grace for your help in restoring my marriage. I take my place standing in the gap for my husband (wife) against the devil and his demons until the salvation of God is manifested in his (her) life. Father I have forgiven them of their sins and transgressions, just as you have forgiven me. I stand firm knowing that the Holy Spirit will convict and convince him (her) of their sin, unrighteousness and judgment.

Help me Lord to remain sane and sober-minded, temperate and disciplined because I love my husband (wife) and my children and I commit myself to them. May I steadfastly remain self-controlled, chaste, good-natured and kindhearted, adapting myself so the Word of God may not be exposed to reproach – blasphemed or discredited.

Heavenly Father, I pray that _____________, will be delivered from this present evil age by the Son of the Living God, and whom the Son has set free is free indeed (Galatians 1:4). I ask Lord that we be delivered from the spirit of rejection and accepted in the beloved to be holy and blameless in His sight (Colossians 3:12-15). Lord I come humbly before you and ask that You heal this broken marriage as Jesus came to heal the brokenhearted.

You have promised us in Your Word, that if we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that we will be saved, and also our household (Acts 16:31). Help us Lord to submit one to another as we submit ourselves to You.

Heavenly Father, I ask You to rebuke any plans of the enemy to keep this family from being together. We know Lord that satan comes to steal, kill and destroy but we stand firm and confident knowing that he has no power over You, Lord Jesus (John 10:10).

Thank You, Father, for hearing my prayer on behalf of this family as we strive for the love of God to reign supreme in our home, and for the peace of God to act as umpire in all situations.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15) May our family know that You are Lord, spirit, soul and body and that you watch over Your Word to perform it, in Jesus Name we pray (Acts 16:31).

Amen