Can i still relax with a sulphir mix on the scalp?

Lilmama1011

I could of sworn I saw on here that someone said you can't or shouldn't do it for whatever reason that is.... Well I am using the Komaza lengthening serum and it has a high msm sulphur content, it has a lot of ingredients and msm falls in the middle, but I want to relax! Should I just wait when I wash my hair next week or can I still do it?

100% Pure Coconut Water, Coconut Endosperm, Aloe Vera Juice, Lupine Extract, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Tamanu Oil, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Hylauronic Acid, Allantoin, Bamboo Extract, Rhodiola Extract, Fo-ti Root, Ginger Root, Grape Seed Proanthocyanidins, Nettle, Horsetail, Coffee, Green Tea, Amla, Cayenne Pepper, MSM, Cysteine, Lysine, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, L-Methinonine, Superoxide Dismutase, Inositol, Panthenol, Biotin, Folic Acid, Co-Q10, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Tripeptides, Copper Peptides, Black Cumin Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Clary Sage Essential Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, White Grapefruit Essential Oil, Sweet Orange Essential Oils, Gluconolactone and Sodium Benzoate (natural preservative).

Keen

Don't do it. I stopped three days prior and got burn using a lye relaxer. I attributed the burn to the sulfur mix because I hadn't had scalp burn for ages.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I'm just gonna go based on the title and say NO!!!! You will get scalp burns and thinning hair. You should typically give your scalp 2 weeks between each.

You'll thank us later.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

PureSilver

lilmama, you asking for trouble. I love seeing your avatar curls and i would hate to see a thread with you crying about the damage you have done to your hair. Wait it out, wash and clarify a week and a half before relaxing, and do not irritate your scalp.

All the best

Last edited:

hnntrr

Ah shoot! I used to put sulphuraid on my scalp before relaxers because I'd get the itch super bad. WOOP. Glad my hair didn't fall out.

kandegirl

I was just coming in here to say don't do it.

Ladies,
I found some pre-scalp protector from Optimum at Dollar Tree. I bought two tubes. My PJism wanted me to buy more!

Lilmama1011

bout to wash this sulphur out now, i have used it for 7 days and going to take a break for a week and then relax

Lilmama1011

You can't help but thank this forum. Because I was thinking it was ok and that it was a silly question to ask, I'm glad I asked and will forever remember this

Ogoma

I was looking at the ingredients listed and everything after Hylauronic Acid has to be at 1% or less since the maximum recommended usage for Hylauronic Acid is 1%.

Is there an amount of sulfur that is tolerable? It is better to be safe than sorry though.