Can I get a witness? How often do you witness?

melodee

I am having a hard time witnessing recently. Alot of people God has sent my way have been "hard nuts to crack". They are not those who are open to hearing the word..more like women whose SO's are of other religions or they don't believe in God at all. Or they beleive in the DaVinci code. I want to share Jesus, I know they will be very resistant. I need strength to do this.

Any advice? I know prayer is key. But what would you do say? How do you share Jesus with a world that doesn't want anything to do with him.

Sweet C

You just have to continue preaching the Word in and out of season as the scripture says. I know how you feel, b/c when I first go saved, it seemed like the people whom I was drawn by the Holy Spirit to minister to were either agnostic or atheists. And at the time, it seemed really tough, b/c they would always want to draw me into some philosophical debate, and that actually drew me away from what I was trying to present, which was the Word of God. So when people try to bring you into vain babblings, you need to re-direct to the Word of God and realize that though a conversion might not take place that day, realize that you have either planted a seed or watered it, so that God can get the increase (1 Cor 3:7).

Another key point as you mentioned would be prayer, and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance as to how to proceed in ministering and prayer. One thing I learned from an elder at my old church was that we in the body needed to pray effectively. He used an example of how he was talking to a man about Christ at his apt. complex, and asked the man could he pray for him. The man said yes, and he proceed to pray something along the lines of this, "Lord, do whatever you need to do to get this young man to the throne of grace where he can give his heart to you, do it, whether it be using his money, family, etc. to do so." The man immediately responded that isn't the type of prayer he wanted. But guess what, it was exactly what he needed.

Also, remember that your walk in Christ is a huge testament in itself. There is always someone watching, and even though the person you could be personally ministering to you doesn't seem to be hearing you, there is a good chance that someone who is maybe 10ft away is listening and watching.

melodee

Thanks so much Sweet! That helped alot.

I get dragged into those philosophical debates too. But being a witness is really what we are called to do.

May of us are satisfied staying in our own little corner. We don't want to share because Christ isn't always well received. But the Word and prayer is powerful.

Thanks again for taking the time to speak from your heart, sis.:)

Blossssom

Sweet C said:
Also, remember that your walk in Christ is a huge testament in itself. There is always someone watching, and even though the person you could be personally ministering to you doesn't seem to be hearing you, there is a good chance that someone who is maybe 10ft away is listening and watching.

This is KEY!!!!

shalom

I agree with what Sweet C says.

The word of God say "with love and kindness have I drawn thee" people are drawn to us as christian because of our walk with the Lord, most often we don't have to go to them they come to us so when they do impart as much love and kindness as possible. I try to stay away from judging and heavy critisim I never lead someone to believe that their sin is something other than sin though and I don't sugar coat the word. I use examples of my life's lessons along with the word to back things up.

Bubblin - Best wishes to you in your ministry. Always remember if "God brings you to it he'll bring you through it.":)

Nice & Wavy

There is always an opportunity to witness the Gospel of Jesus Christ. God always opens the door for it, we just have to be aware of it and then act on it.

It doesn't matter where I go, there is always someone that I witness too. I always think "these people are going to be seperate from God for eternity, so I must at least try to lead them to Him." Jesus said, "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to myself." So, lift Him up!!!

Just be yourself. Always know that you have the WORD in you, so don't be fearful...just do it!