How do I get to heaven?

discobiscuits

is it:
Luke 10:25-28
25On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

26"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

27He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[c]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[d]"

28"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

or

John 3:16
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

or

16Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"

17"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

18"Which ones?" the man inquired.

Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, 19honor your father and mother,'[d] and 'love your neighbor as yourself.'[e]"

or

all of the above?

Last edited:
All of the above because to love God you MUST love and accept His son and follow His commandments. You can't do one without the other.

Like you can't say you love God but you don't love His son. and you can't say you love God and go out commiting sin all willy nilly.

And you can't even try to circumvent the situation and try to love Jesus without also following God's commandments.

They are all interconnected through love. . . .the greatest commandment.

I think these are three different accounts with different motives behind them written by different writers. I'll post more later:)

I think these are three different accounts with different motives behind them written by different writers. I'll post more later:)

I can't wait. It's true that in the NT the writers were actually writing to specific groups of people. The messages were delivered differently depending upon who it was intended for. Some messages were intended for Jews, some were meant for gentiles, and some were meant for both.

c'mon back and share

Not much time to elaborate right now but

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 1Cor 15:1-4

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Eph 2:8

1star, how about these scriptures:

Matthew 7:13-14 (KJV)
13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luke 18:18-22 (KJV)
18And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
19And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
20Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
21And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.
22Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Luke 14:25-27 (KJV)
25And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

John 6:53-54 (KJV)
53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 18:2-3 (KJV)
2And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:17-20 (KJV)
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

John 3:3-8 (KJV)
3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Last edited:
3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

I believe John 3:16 covers how TO get into heaven..believe. But most people just stop there. "I believe Christ died for my sins, so I'm in.!" Wrong:nono:

Romans 8:6:
6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.

Even if you do believe, living a life of sin, meaning you practice sin without repentance, will lead you to death, or hell. Once you walk that wide path of sin and things that displease God without TRUE repentance(which literally means to turn and walk another way) you remove yourself from God's grace.

How do you get to heaven?
Believe that Christ died on the cross for your sins, completely REPENT, and walk with Him throughout your days [read, praise, grow!]

Romans 8:8
8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.

Something else to keep in mind :)

I believe John 3:16 covers how TO get into heaven..believe. But most people just stop there. "I believe Christ died for my sins, so I'm in.!" Wrong:nono:

6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.

Even if you do believe, living a life of sin, meaning you practice sin without repentance, will lead you to death, or hell. Once you walk that wide path of sin and things that displease God without TRUE repentance(which literally means to turn and walk another way) you remove yourself from God's grace.

Believe that Christ died on the cross for your sins, completely REPENT, and walk with Him throughout your days [read, praise, grow!]
Thanks for saying this! So many people do believe that just simply believing will get them to heaven but the Bible goes further than that in so many scriptures...

As Peter says in Acts 2:38-38 -- "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

A big ole cosign on this one!

A big ole cosign on this one!

Thank you so much for your blog! I literally just said a prayer to God, then saw the link for your blog, clicked it, and saw.!

2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.

Thanks.!!

Back