Can I Get A Hair Prayer Circle, Detangling Experts, Healing, & Hair Salvagers Think Tank?

I'm sorry to hear you've been going through it @luckiestdestiny But I think knowing what the problem is helps because you have an idea of what to do to solve it. I've never had Crohns, but I have had stomach issues and been on meds that blocked vitamins. You may want to talk to your doctor about B12 shots, just because stomach issues and B12 deficiencies go hand in hand. Plus B12 deficiency can effect your hair.

As far as detangling, what helped me a lot was a combination of It's A 10 Leave In (I think Sally's makes a generic) and Camille Rose Coconut Water Leave In. Finger detangling in sections, then go for the comb. Patience. I've never had a 4 month weave, but I have had locs, 3 month braids (some people can do that, apparently I cannot), and depression induced neglect. Just take your time.

Also, bonus points for the thread title. It had me cracking up.

Soultanicals Knot Sauce is an amazing detangler. I used it to detangler my hair after having a weave for 3 months just recently. I applied it, and the knots started to slip out. I took it a step further and added a baggy and let that sit for a while.
It's the best detangler that I've come across in about as long as I can remember.
I cannot recommend it in your case enough.
I hope that your journey to healing starts soon!

@luckiestdestiny Shea Moisture Purification Masque is also an amazing detangler. You can find it in some BSS and they sell it online. It was replaced with the Dandruff Contol Masque so it's better to buy it in stores or from SheaMoisture.com since some online stores may send the dandruff version.

Last edited:
Soultanicals Knot Sauce is an amazing detangler. I used it to detangler my hair after having a weave for 3 months just recently. I applied it, and the knots started to slip out. I took it a step further and added a baggy and let that sit for a while.
It's the best detangler that I've come across in about as long as I can remember.
I cannot recommend it in your case enough.
I hope that your journey to healing starts soon!
Two votes for soultanicals. I ordered it prime.

I think I am revising:
Spray just for me on the net ( detangling spray) and where it meets the hair. try to take off the net. and just see what works best on a section, applying a little of each to a sample section ( each individual sample section on one detangler). the winner goes on everything, the back ups as needed to particularly hard areas (to add in), then washing with the detangling conditioner mentioned in thread Paul's after it is all thoroughly detangled, and finally some type of minor shampoo on roots, and something for strength mixed with more moisturizing conditioner.

I will only wash after complete detangle. That is still in stone...

I have a day until products arrive, a doc appt today and then next week anothee, so in between I will detangle away as energy permits.

Last edited:
Qhemet Biologics Cocoa tree detangling ghee on dry hair works really well for me. I once used it successfully on my niece when the back of her hair was matted to the point they were ready to just cut it off. Her hair was mid waist at the time and survived the ordeal, it just took patience.

I pray that the doctors are able to get your symptoms under control and have you back to a healthier state soon.

Prayers up to you...

Spray bottle with diluted apple cider vinegar
That's all you need...
section hair in 4 finger detangke and spray
Let it sit.

Supposedly the new Slip-N-Slide, Knot-Proof Hair Glide is a better product.

@OnMyThrone 's suggestion was IT! I am going to tell you that I did not get to my hair until four days ago with the help of a relative (I am now back in the hospital. I made it just in time to go right back in c/o my doctor re admitting me (I'm hoping it will be less than a week this time but we'll see). I am typing from the hospital.

I did not let my relative touch it, until I experimented with one piece (as I left a little out underneath for high ponytails). That little kitchen section was in a horizontal corn row for over a month. I never wore it out at the time because I had a low bun. So I knew the edges would be matted (it mats fast there). I sprayed some ac/water (equal parts in a spray bottle) and went to work on it. I let it saturate, and smashed it into the parts that appeared to mat. It was extremely easy to detangle with my fingers and then I just used the comb after to make certain. After that I knew I could, with the help of my relative (in this case mom), get it out without ripping my hair that was attached to the weave.

I did not need any of the other products. ANY. And I got the weave out (or rather my mom did and this is her first time getting out a weave of any kind so she was being super careful), in about an hour and ten minutes. TOPS. That includes the weave hair and the net being removed from the braids. I would never let anyone touch hair this matted (even mom because she is relaxed and has been longer than ever natural). But the AC water combo had me convinced coupled with needing serious help (sick).

No lost hair.

BUT WAIT. There is one tiny catch. SIgh I know. The next goal was to take out the braids (which by now there would be probably some tiny strands (thread) left in there but not much. But the weave and net which should be matted to my head in unimaginable ways for 4 1/2 months of weave, left in just over an hour without damage so I am assuming they will also surrender to this combo.

Are the braids going to mat? UHm...don't know. BUt I have a good excuse. I pretty much wanted to do it the next day but had to put on a head wrap and head to the doc after describing my symptoms. He then put me in the hospital. This was on Thurs. I am still in the hospital. I just sprayed the braids with braid spray. I know they need removing and washing but at least I'm only going to have to detangle my own hair. And braids are easier because I plan on spraying them with the ac spray and just removing any tangles with my finger, slowly and combing the braids (because of the amount and length of my hair) from the bottom up as I let the braid unravel slowly. Taking time on each section as it unfolds from the intricate pattern on my head. Thus I do not foresee problems with that. :gulp: ...at least I HOPE I will have zero problems. This is only a prediction.

Doc seems to think I may be here all week, depending on how fast I recover. I will try to keep you informed if I use any other products once they are finally all out (braids).

Last edited:
@luckiestdestiny ,
Be well. So glad to hear that your mom was able to help you remove the weave in less than 70 minutes. You may have inspired her to transition and go natural. I wish you good health and hope that you are able to return home as soon as possible, feeling good!

So sorry that you're back in the hospital. I hope you recover soon

Glad the ACV/water worked. I have not had braids/weave in months but will try ACV next time I have weave installed.

I'm glad the detangling went well and I'm sorry you are back in the hospital. Be well soon! :bighug:

Thanks for the suggestion and well wishes! More on my way of detangling in this specific case: I didn't tangle it wet. I did not take it and soak it under the sink, or shower, etc. It wasn't that wet at all after applying.

It was in those fine mist spray bottles. I put a midst of spray over the strand and smooth it down. Kinda like when you spray braids with braid spray. The only saturated areas were where there were a ton of matts. I was only confident placing more there to make that area damp (not drenched) because I saw that the other knots and matts were melting away). That area, I still waited five minutes after spraying to detangle (so it dried a lot) and then if necessary I sprayed again. Keep in mind most of the areas sprayed were where my hair attaches to the weave and weave cap thingy. My entired head of braids are still in tact but the weave hair and cap are gone. I am confident that when I take the braids down, I will do a fine mist over each strand as I go and wait a couple minutes, and then go at it. I think it may take some time but we're talking an hour or so in my estimate. And that would be a total take down of a little over 2 hours for waist length or longer (or nearly depending on if there is any thinning or set backs that I don't know I will encounter) hair to be detangled after nearly five months in a weave (major no no). So to me that is a miracle to get it out so fast and really effortlessly.

Still typing from hospital with phoneplease over look typos, etc :giggle:

Last edited:
I didn't tangle it wet. I did not take it and soak it under the sink, or shower, etc. It wasn't that wet at all. It was in those fine mist spray bottles. I put a midst of spray over the strand and smooth it down. Kinda like when you spray braids with braid spray. The only saturated areas were where there were a ton of matts. I was only confident placing more there to make that area damp (not drenched) because I saw that the other knots and matts were melting away). That area, I still waited five minutes after spraying to detangle (so it dried a lot) and then if necessary I sprayed again. Keep in mind most of the areas sprayed were where my hair attaches to the weave and weave cap thingy. My entired head of braids are still in tact but the weave hair and cap are gone. I am confident that when I take the braids down, I will do a fine mist over each strand as I go and wait a couple minutes, and then go at it. I think it may take some time but we're talking an hour or so in my estimate. And that would be a total take down of a little over 2 hours for waist length or longer (or nearly depending on if there is any thinning or set backs that I don't know I will encounter) hair to be detangled after nearly five months in a weave (major no no). So to me that is a miracle to get it out so fast and really effortlessly. But agaom we wo;; drr/
Is this the BRAGGS ACV @luckiestdestiny or just the clean one without the mother in it?

ETA: Nevermind, just watched the video showing the Braggs brand.

I hadn't heard either but will try it.

@nurseN98

I did quick research online before beginning and decided on equal parts as some people do that and it worked for them.

In the youtube vid, she did one tbsp acv to one cup water. I did 1/3 cup water to 1/3 acv and shaked the bottle up really good. It could be any measurement as long as it is one to one equal acv to water. I needed enough power to blast off almost five months of build up, shedding, matting, etc. So I basically needed super strength detangler :) but for less severe cases the other approach should work well. And/or would have to be left on longer and saturated even more

Last edited:
So sorry that you're back in the hospital. I hope you recover soon

Glad the ACV/water worked. I have not had braids/weave in months but will try ACV next time I have weave installed.
I used ACV and water. I used 1/3 cup of acv and 1 cup of water. I put it in a spray bottle. I sprayed my DD's tangled/matted hair and it detangled like never before! I did it on dry hair. I was able to comb through with no problem. I worked it in a bit first, then combed each small section. It works like a charm. Oh and I didn't use Bragg's. I used some from Target.

I did quick research online before beginning and decided on equal parts as some people do that and it worked for them.

In the youtube vid, she did one tbsp acv to one cup water. I did 1/3 cup water to 1/3 acv and shaked the bottle up really good. It could be any measurement as long as it is one to one equal acv to water. I needed enough power to blast off almost five months of build up, shedding, matting, etc. So I basically needed super strength detangler :) but for less severe cases the other approach should work well. And/or would have to be left on longer and saturated even more
Thank for your review!

I finally tried ACV and it worked. I used Knot Glide on the other half of my head. I like the creaminess of Knot Glide but ACV/water yields similar results without the high price tag of online ordering/shipping. I used Braggs in a small travel spray bottle with 4 cap fulls of ACV and the balance water.

Wow. I wish I could get this to work for me so that I could stop feeling compelled to order Soultanicals Hair Glide. I'm going to try again, with a higher concentration of ACV.

Back