Can I do Nubian twists on BSL (stretched) natural hair?

lilsparkle825

I went to the BSS the other day in preparation for my sister's next protective style. She asked for senegalese twists like I have now, but I don't want us walking around looking similar. :lachen:I found some nubian twist hair in the store, and this was new to me, since the only brand I had ever seen was Eon Hair, and that was only online. I decided to buy it for her and give her a break from long hair, but once I got home my mom asked me if maybe I had messed up.

See, my sister is a 4b/cnapp natural and almost BSL again (she was in January, but we cut her back to APL so she could wear her hair straight) and I haven't seen anyone in the YT tutorials install these with hair longer than SL or so. Does anyone know if this will work, or should I exchange the hair for something else? The only reason I think it *may* work is because unstretched, her hair is about EL/NL, but the twists would stretch her hair at least a little. She loved the look of her braidout after I took down her crochet braids and cornrows on Saturday, so I have at least until Friday to decide what I am going to do. TIA guys :drunk:

blackbarbie986

Wow, EL/NL unstretched and BSL stretched, that's some major shrinkage.

Let me go find some yt vids, because I dont know what nubian twist are.

ceebee3

What are nubian twists, how are they different from the senegalese twists?

I love your sister's hair and I didn't know you cut it.

Her hair grows so quickly, I know I told you this before but I love the way you take care of it and how you teach her to love her natural hair.

blackbarbie986

Back from yt, I think you can. There were plenty ppl walking around with long ones when I went to FAMU.
I think you just helped me find my next hairstyle.