Can I dc with a protein treatment?

Glib Gurl

I use Joico K-Pak reconstructor as my protein treatment. I usually just put it on my head in the shower, leave it in for about 3 minutes and then rinse it out. I'm wondering - how would it work if I did a dc (under the dryer with heat) for about 30 minutes and then washed it out?

Any thoughts?

I use the Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor as a pre-poo with heat for 30 minutes with no adverse effects. I think it would be a nice treat for your hair if you did it.

um i dont know but the hair mayonnaise are protein and the africa's best says to cover with a cap and use heat. so i guess you can

I use AO GPB mixed with castor oil and honey as a deep conditioner and it works well for me.

I use Joico K-Pak reconstructor as my protein treatment. I usually just put it on my head in the shower, leave it in for about 3 minutes and then rinse it out. I'm wondering - how would it work if I did a dc (under the dryer with heat) for about 30 minutes and then washed it out?

Any thoughts?

Hmmmm... I think you should probably wash the protein out first. My hair is usually a little on the hard/coarse side when I leave a protein treatment in for too long. :ohwell: Using a DC afterwards is a good idea, though. I use a Paul Mitchell reconstructor for about 5 mins, rinse it out, and then put on a Phyto hair masque. It's AWESOME! :bouncy:

Any thoughts?

Actually, in the professional cosmetology world, the term "deep condition" refers to protein treatments only. Since the heat helps the protein to penetrate the shaft, it is called a deepconditioner. So, the answer to your question is yes. :)

I've dc'd with protein under the dryer--or with just a plastic bag on my head for like 2 hrs(literally).

I've used Motionc CPR, Aphogee, etc...nothing bad happened.
If you can dc with moisturizers why not protein if your hair needs it?

But I suppose everyone's hair is different...

I DC once a week w/ Motions CPR (light protein) and NTM. I alternate: one week heavier on NTM, the next week heavier on CPR. I mix them out of laziness, but it works for my hair. My hair hates protein, but it needs it, so I have to force feed it. HTH!

Oh, no adverse effects from it just stronger moisturized hair.

Yeah, I use ORS Hair Mayo at the moment, however, I may change this to natural mayonnaise and add my own ingredients because I'm not sure about the chemicals thats in there. However my hair does feel great after using ORS.

Back