Calling longtime users of mtg!

blessed

I have been reading all of the info you ladies have supplied on this product. :) Some of you have made great progress so I believe you can answer my questions:

Have you notice any side effects since using mtg?

What is the recommended way to use mtg?

What things should I be looking for when using mtg?

Would you tell a friend about this product?

I am sorry if am asking alot of questions but I a little nervous to begin using this product. I want to have as much info as I can have.
If you can give me a link that answers these question that would be great. :D

i did not notice any side effect, I use about 2ce a day and I have already told one of my friends about the product. When using MTG, look for the best way to add some oil to mask the smell, cause it does stink. Hope this helps you. HHG

maryj1584 said:
i did not notice any side effect, I use about 2ce a day and I have already told one of my friends about the product. When using MTG, look for the best way to add some oil to mask the smell, cause it does stink. Hope this helps you. HHG

How long have you been using it and have you gained alot of growth.

blessed said:
I have been reading all of the info you ladies have supplied on this product. :) Some of you have made great progress so I believe you can answer my questions:

I am sorry if am asking alot of questions but I a little nervous to begin using this product. I want to have as much info as I can have.
If you can give me a link that answers these question that would be great. :D

1. Yes ive noticed that my forehead breaks out as a result, that my back and shoulders get very dry if im washing the mtg out- it rinses down onto my back and my shoulders and makes me get a small rash ... the smell sometimes is too much for me and sometimes makes me a bit nauseous..but i think that might just be me...lol..im very sensitive to smell..

2. Until recently (one very special lady made a post on it but i cant remember her nickname) i used to apply mtg to dry hair..now i apply it to damp hair, the smell fades in about a day or two tops..remnants of the smell remain but its SOOOO much better than before!! i put it in a wgo oil bottle with wgo already in it...the applicator makes it so much easier to both use and handle! not that much drips anymore! then i throw on a headband...in order to sleep, i wrap a towel around my head and lay down for sleep! every other day i do a deep conditioning treatment to make sure my hair wont break off

3. look for good growth and to do a lot of relaxers or be prepared to fight that new growth! hahaha...on a serious note, be on the look out for hair that may (it could just be me) tangle A LOT!! and look to do a lot of clarifying treatments because sometimes shampooing isnt enough to rinse it from the hair..or scalp for that matter and can have CATASTROPHIC looking and feeling effects without it..

4. ive told two people so far..my sis doesnt want to do it because its a damn horse product and the other girl i know was all set to use it! altho im too broke to send some to her now..lol

I've been using MTG for 2 months now. Although I haven't actually straightenedmy hair out to see how much growth I've gotten, I am sure I have gotten a lot - I am 13 weeks post and have A LOT of new growth.

I put it in a color applicator bottle with the slant tip and apply it nightly so that by morning the smell is gone. Been cw'ing for the past 3 weeks, so I apply it when my hair is wet and I bun and I still apply nightly. Been reading the posts the whole time about some of the side effects and up until the other day, I had only experienced one of them which is my jewelry tarnishing. Then the other day, out of nowhere, as I was in the store trying on a wool jacket (thought that what it was at first), the back of my neck started burning some fierce!! I swear it felt like the devil was running a marathon on the back of my neck!!!:Devil: Then I looked at it and it was kind of scaly like I had heard some of the posters talk about. It burned/itched for about 2 days, stopped, then started back. I kept wanting to believe it was the wool jacket I tried on up against my naked skin (I was in denial; didn't want to have to stop using the MTG!:nono: ).....Anywho, I haven't used it since then and I guess its a good thing that it is just about two weeks (really 3) before I get my touch up and I have heard the ladies here say to stop using it 2 weeks before you get your relaxer or else it will burn really bad....

I have recommended it to my sister (who already has a horse tail on her!) and I also just bought some on Saturday for a friend of mine. (told one of my girlfriends that I was using it and she knows exactly what it is; her mother uses it on her horses!)

Can i use mtg while wearing micros or should I just wait til i take them out. I am really excited to try this product.

I've been complaining about a small rash on each side of my neck over the weekend. It kinda itches. But I haven't stopped using it, I just try to get the excess up really quickly. I am in crunch mode for the wedding Dec 4, so I just start Surging again yesterday, V05 Detangling Spray on Saturday, and MTG twice a day in a spray bottle.

DDHair said:
I've been complaining about a small rash on each side of my neck over the weekend. It kinda itches. But I haven't stopped using it, I just try to get the excess up really quickly. I am in crunch mode for the wedding Dec 4, so I just start Surging again yesterday, V05 Detangling Spray on Saturday, and MTG twice a day in a spray bottle.

yeaaaa that happens to me all the time...i really recommend apply after youve washed the hair (it dissolves faster), using an applicator bottle (with a nozzle to reduce over-application), using a fabric headband to keep it away from skin as much as possible, only apply it to the scalp because if you apply it to the hair its gonna migrate to your skin, and wrap it with a showercap style bonnet to keep it away from skin entirely! ohhh and one more suggestion! wash hair in the sink..dont wash it in the shower!!

I have only been using it for three weeks, It works best for me when I wash or cw my hair then put it on right afterwards. I also put moisturizer on there and I just don't smell a thing in the morning nothing at all. I notice thought since I use mines straight that if I scratch it burns a lot. Also my daughter has braids in her hair she has had great growth but I haven't washed her hair in two weeks and I went to put the MTG in it and it hurt so I know that you have to wash that stuff out at some point. I am washing her hair tonight but I was putting it on every night and then I started putting it on every couple of nights and then I stopped for about 4 days and went to put it on straight and she hollered so that was it plus she can't do it straight it has to be mixed with the Aloe Vera Gel for for her sensitive scalp. I like MTG and getting ready to order two more bottles because when it gets approved its going to be sky high. Who isn't going to run out and get it then. Please

yes when i stopped after 2 months of usage and did not use it for 1 month my ends kept shedding it was all over my hand like a lot i got scurred cause the ends kept coming out for like one week or two maybe they were broken i dont know or i notice it was kinda drying before i did the baggy method

you supposed to use it once a week i use it either daily or every 2 days between my rows (cornrows or braids) and keep hair under shower cap and satin bonnet for maximized growth and rinse or cond every 3 days
i just use it on your scalp never in my hair, even oils only on my scalp and grease on my ends

do a 24 hr patch test to see if u allergic to sulfur dont mess with u health if nothing happens you good to go

i dont know so far i only told my husband and one of my best friends only found out after she searched my room for my secret. She big chop me so she knew that it was impossible for me to gain 3" in 2 months and got of the car and searched my house and bedroom for my secret and made me order the stuff for her right there else nobody knows my secret, my hubby is tired of me staying in a satin bonnet i told him to wait til next september when it will mark 12 months of mtg usage. i dont even let him see the progress. the reason i never talk about it to my friends and all i m scared they gonna mock me and think im hair obsessed right now my friends just think i m letting myself go if i be able to recommend the product in sept i guess after one year on it. if i go from 2inches to waistlength in one year or a year and half something kinda impossible than i will recommend it to my friends outside of this board i keep my mouth shut i dont discuss hair no more i m just known as the hair addict and hair board stalker by my friends/family :grin: so i keep everything on the hush even my hubby has not seen my hair since my last update they will all see my hair in 9months. hihihi

blackbarbie said:
I've been using MTG for 2 months now. Although I haven't actually straightenedmy hair out to see how much growth I've gotten, I am sure I have gotten a lot - I am 13 weeks post and have A LOT of new growth.

I put it in a color applicator bottle with the slant tip and apply it nightly so that by morning the smell is gone. Been cw'ing for the past 3 weeks, so I apply it when my hair is wet and I bun and I still apply nightly. Been reading the posts the whole time about some of the side effects and up until the other day, I had only experienced one of them which is my jewelry tarnishing. Then the other day, out of nowhere, as I was in the store trying on a wool jacket (thought that what it was at first), the back of my neck started burning some fierce!! I swear it felt like the devil was running a marathon on the back of my neck!!!:Devil: Then I looked at it and it was kind of scaly like I had heard some of the posters talk about. It burned/itched for about 2 days, stopped, then started back. I kept wanting to believe it was the wool jacket I tried on up against my naked skin (I was in denial; didn't want to have to stop using the MTG!:nono: ).....Anywho, I haven't used it since then and I guess its a good thing that it is just about two weeks (really 3) before I get my touch up and I have heard the ladies here say to stop using it 2 weeks before you get your relaxer or else it will burn really bad....

I have recommended it to my sister (who already has a horse tail on her!) and I also just bought some on Saturday for a friend of mine. (told one of my girlfriends that I was using it and she knows exactly what it is; her mother uses it on her horses!)

Hey! that devil's been running that same marathon on the back of my neck. not only that, he's left his hoof prints alllll over my neck.

Seriously, my neck and upper back are all scaly like alligator skin, and it's this wierd crinkely feeling everytime i turn my head to the left or to the right...

I'm using creams on my neck everytime i leave my house now, but i don't know if it's getting better...

Ohhhhhh!!!

So that's why the side of my face has kinda scaly patches and has broken out - I've been working on it (and it has gotten better) with neutrogena lotion mixed with evoo. But now I know that I have to get a sweat band. And here I was thinking I had to give up those big bags of Herr's Hot Cheese Doodles. The result of use on damp hair every other night and mixed in with daily care products = a thick and bountifully growing TWA.

I recommended it to a friend: I have a friend whose hair was shedding something HORRIBLE after a hairdresser attack. I gave some MTG in a WGO bottle the very next day and within a week she was fine (plus Giovanni Direct and Emergence - u would swear I have a perm. U all keep me in the know). Her hair looks GRRREAT and she saturates her hair with the stuff. She doesn't care about the smell. I think she grew up using Glover's, so this is no big deal. But her hair looks beautiful.

Well I've been using mine for about 3 weeks. i started off using it everyday, but thought that was a bit much so now i only use it once a week. so far i have 1/2 in of new growth. it does cause the skin that your hair touches to break out and give you a dry and rashy feeling. this is why i switch to once a week. this is what i do.

i oil my scalp with WGO everyday & ORS Temple balm and once a week with the MTG. i like to wear my hair down so on the days i wear WGO i wear my hair in a wrap. on the day i use MTG is wear my hair up in a bun. i wash and con once every 4 days. i apply the MTG with my fingers, because this way i don't have any thing runnung down my face. it also applies better. for some reason it doesn't smell in my hair at all. could be i only use it once. you don't have to over do it. a little goes a long way. again try to keep your hair off your face and neck when MTG is in your hair.

Mahalialee4 said:
Ekomba: wise lady (mum's the word) lol. bonjour

hahahaha i m telling u girl i just got tired of always justifying myself like you think you can groe more than this it aint gonna happen i let them see the 3" of growth, they saw believed and now i m back in cornrows when i take the hair out nobody s around it s always under a scarf and than back in cornrows. i choose cornrows cause braids is more damaging to my hair i notice that my ends always look bad and breaking so 10 cornrows big is ideal for me and easy to remove and nobody see me. sometimes its good to keep your mouth shut because the proof is in the pudding . i know its frustrating because its almost 5 months covered but when i want a change i get new cornrows hahahah but i still put the bonnet but time flies it be sept in the blink of an eye and then watch them thats funny though because after the first 2 months when my girl that big chopped me called she said im tired of your hair covered let your twa out and come meet me the girl did a double turn like what s your secret when that happened and i really believe when u do what u gotta do and u leave your hair alone and dont stress it it grows. hey now they think its us who got a secret but i wont lie i was mad my friend found my mtg bottle i did not want her to pass it to all her celebrities friends and i m sorry i m really mean i told her not to say a word to anyone about what transpired that it was our little secret yeah lhcf i m really really bad ahhahahha :lachen: :cool:

I have been using MTG for abur 4 1/2 weeks. The first 3 weeks I could not tell if it was working because I had not relaxered in a while. This last week and an half I have not been able to see any signfinicant growth. I have have been applying MTG straight to my scalp every other day. Most people say that they we 1 inch of growth a month with MTG. I am exspecting I should see a 1/4 of an inch a week. Has anyone experienced this problem? Should I mix it with something? Do I need to take vitamins or will the MTG work by itself?

Yes it will make my relaxer burn very quickly so now I've stopped using it a month before relaxing.

I can only tell you what I do....about twice a week, scalp only and sparingly. I also apply it immediately after washing.

Nothing that I know of.

Sure, I've told family members.

Just stopping by, i've been using it since then begging of Nov so 2 weeks, but how are all you ladies who are getting it on your neck applying the MTG? I apply a litte all over my head with a WGO bottle, and then rub it in with my finger tips and i dont get all this runniness. well good luck!

bought it end of May/early June, used it sparingly then, started using it consistently once I joined LHCF as a paid member in early July. My fotki has my initial growth, and I've had a lot since then. Friends that saw me in July and have seen me now were commenting on how much my hair has grown out since then. I think it'll get me to armpit length by Spring if all goes well.

Side effects, initially my neck suffered cause I used a small bottle to get it to my scalp, now i put it on my fingers instead and really massage it in. I like it better. I also found a jasmine vanilla massing oil i had in the past from bath and body and it contains sunflower oil, which is rich in vitamin E, so I'm using that to mask the MTG.
I also have to make sure to wash my face cause of the oil can break me out.

My lil sister who lives with me laughs, she still wont try MTG, even after myself and a friend of hers who's on here who has MAJOR significant growth recommended it. I told one other friend, but havent told the rest, I'll let my hair next yr do the telling, they'll be hollering when its armpit length :D

MTG is great, my new growht is softer and my hair is growing at an alarming rate. I have no side effects and to me this is definitely better then surge, couldn't be happier :yep:

offthechainliz said:
MTG is great, my new growht is softer and my hair is growing at an alarming rate. I have no side effects and to me this is definitely better then surge, couldn't be happier :yep:

Do you know how much growth you have gained?

And how have you been using mtg?

i've been using mtg since mid june so i should be able to answer your ????
no negative side effects, just softer new growth although when i first started using it it made my existing new growth feel like wire
i recommend using it after you wash your hair when it's damp/wet oh and use an applicator bottle
umm sometimes i get itching but i'm not sure if it is a result of the mtg other than that just look for more growth
actually i wouldn't, not because it doesn't work but because most of my friends only care about their hairstyle and not hair health /growth plus if they knew it was a horsey product i'd never hear the end of it.

hth

Back