Calling all Texans!

kaytorry

I will be traveling to Texas very soon, and would like to now what to expect regarding hair/humidity. I'm currently mositurizing, sealing, and braiding nightly and wearing it out daily. I really don't use gel, but will I need it out there? I was also pondering using a water/setting lotion spray mix of some sort. Who do you keep you hair moisturized while keeping away the frizz? I extend my appreciation in advance.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Howdy from Texas! :sunshine:

Are you relaxed or natural?
(This will probably make a difference w/ suggestions)

Solitude

It's Extremely humid. My hair currently bunned up. But, when I wear it down, I use coconut oil or Aveda Anti-Humectant pomade to tame the frizzies.

My braidouts get bigger and bigger throughout the day and I'm relaxed, but it's a cute look.

cherxy777

IT HAS BEEN HOT AS HELL ALL WEEK. I use s-curl and evoo. And in the mornings slick back into a bun with NTM silk touch. I use all three products VERY lightly. I agree it has been hot and humid (but mostly HOTTTTT). We've got great BSS here tho ;D

DrC

Hey OP :drunk:
My advice, you better stock up on some frizz serum.

My hair is natural and I protective style 95% of the time. As far a straightening, I try to find some hardcore serum straightening conditioners etc that iwll keep it straight. Ive only straightened my hair twice since being natural.
Our humidity here, especially in the summer can be up to 100% ( in Houston) :perplexed. but as long as you have anti-frizz oil in your purse you should be okay.

Happy Frizz Fighting :wave:

Last edited:

winona

HOT AS HELL. What part of Texas are you visiting? This will probably make a difference in the humidity. In Austin it isnt too bad but Houston and San Antonio oh boy:)

kaytorry

I will be in Dallas, and I am texlaxed, currently transitioning with about 1/4 inch of new growth.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Hi from Texas. Due to drought conditions it has been very hot and dry. I was experiencing dryness in my hair before I braided it. Keep a good moisturizer on hand and like others have said, if you're wearing your hair straight, a good anti frizz serum would be something good to have on hand.

TruMe

Dallas is definitely different than Houston. Nothing but DRY heat here. All I use (4a), is CD Healthy Hair Butter and EVCO when I wear my hair out. It does expand a little throughout the day but not enough to complain. Occasionally I will use KCCC and get not a frizz in site.

30something

Texas is a HUGE state where are you visiting? I live 15 mins if that from texas (if that) and it always so hot and humid.. all the time.. all the time.... I think your biggest issues would be to keep your hair off your neck/back so you don't get so hot :(. I don't know what to tell you about avoiding frizz and poofing :perplexed

Last edited:

demlew

I'm in the Dallas area and like TruMe said, it's all dry heat here! It's gonna be 100+º all week. I went to the Essence Festival and that humidity was killing me even though I was used to the temp. We're praying for rain here! Bring a good moisturizer, plus your anti-frizz because the weather can change at any minute. Enjoy your visit here!

BeautyGoesDutch

BRAID THAT HAIR UP!!!![/B:lachen::lachen:] LOL You never know how the weather will be in Texas really now matter what the news says. Braids really are that safest way to keep you hair.I live in D-Town (Dallas) and that's how my hair is .

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Wow didn't know we has so many Dallas divas on here! I also live near Dallas.

IA with braids/ buns. I did not transition so I can't suggest products.
I just know straight (natural) hair will get puffy at the roots fast from sweat.

It is hot as everr out here. Enjoy your visit!

Your Cheeziness

Dallas is normally dry, but this summer has been more humid. It's not super humid since it's not by a huge body of water, but it is just more humid than normal. It isn't to the point of messing with reversion. But, it's hot as all get out, so if you're a sweater and are worrying about root reversion, you may want to consider that. I'm texlaxed, too and my roots are like...girl, bye! We've been hitting 100+ everyday for the past two weeks or so.

NikkiGirl

Dallas is definitely different than Houston. Nothing but DRY heat here. All I use (4a), is CD Healthy Hair Butter and EVCO when I wear my hair out. It does expand a little throughout the day but not enough to complain. Occasionally I will use KCCC and get not a frizz in site.

This is true. I live in Dallas, I just straightened and my hair really didn't revert much. It is very very hot, I think we got up to 104 this past week, but it is dry heat. I would bring a moisturizer and an oil of your choice. :grin: