Calling all Phytorelaxer users.......

amazin9

I need help. My hair was damaged by a former beautician. I believe she used a relaxer that was to strong and over processed my hair. I never went back to her, and I started doing my own hair. It has grown quite a bit, however it is still damaged. I switched to Phytorelaxer Index 2 in August. I have had two touchups with the Phyto. I enjoy the relaxer it straigtens my hair without it being bone straight without body. However, after a couple of weeks my hair gets dry!!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif I have decided to cut my hair to a Halle style and start over... /images/graemlins/mad.gif It is the best solution, because the hair that has grown in and been relaxed with Phyto is much thicker than the other hair, and it is snapping off at that point. My old beautician really messed up my hair. I actually cried about it. /images/graemlins/cry3.gif So my question to the Phyto users is, What shampoos and conditioners do you use? I have been tempted to purchase the shampoo and conditioner by Phytospecific, however $18-22 dollars is a little steep. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Please offer any advice or suggestions.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KAddy

Well, I pay the steep price for the phytospecific products. This is my new thing to try to stick with one brand and see what happens. I LOVE it so far. It makes my hair soft. I agree with what you mentioned about the hair where Phytorelaxer was used being thicker. I have noticed this too. I haven't had a problem with too much breakage though. I use combs minimally (finger comb my hair and stuff).

My Phyto products experience

ETA: I believe Sengschick uses Nexxus products. I am sure she will check in though.

MonaLisa

Hi Amazin -

I'm waiting for the swoop down from KAddy and Sengschick and other Phyto followers (I'm about to be one myself).

It would be great to use conditioning products from the line, I'm sure they will make suggestions.

But IMO, the best thing is just to make sure that your hair is moisturized PERIOD! It doesn't necessarily have to be products from the Phyto line that aren't in your budget right now.

I plan on switching to PhytoRelaxer and the most I may get is the Defrisant Balm to use during the summer for potential frizzies. I'm going to stick with the shampoos/conditioners I presently use because they work even after I make the switch.
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jasmin

These are the lines that I use in my rotation.

Elucence moisturing shampoo, conditioner
Kenra MC, Kenra emollient treatment
Keracare detangling shampoo and humecto
L'oreal mega moist shampoo and conditioner
NTM shampoo, conditioner, serum and leave in
Nexxus therape, humectress and keraphix
DB shampoo, reconstrcut condtioner and serum

I might buy Phyto products but later when I run out at least one of these lines but they are really nice.

amazin9

Thanks Kaddy for the review of the products. I may treat myself for Christmas with the products. I am currently using Biolage Hydrating shampoo and Biolage conditioning balm. They work nicely, but I need a good leave-in and sometype of daily hair oil or lite moisterizer. Heavy or creamy products weigh my hair down. I just bought Sebastians detangling milk and I HATE it!

KAddy

Just to clarify, I use their shampoo and conditioner. For a leave in I use Lacio Lacio and Fantasia IC Heat Protectant mixed. I also use Elasta QP's H-two.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I used to use all and only Phyto products, but I don't find it necessary and I've found other things that I like better. Now just to be clear I was using Phyto, not Phytospecific products (same company, different product lines). I think they do have wonderful products, but I couldn't justify the price when my Nacidit Avocado is the love of my life and isn't over $10 and leaves my hair softer than any Phyto product. I also rely heavily on Nexxus (80% of my products now are Nexxus). I think moreso than committing to one line just b/c you use their relaxer, you need to find the line that works best for you. If you have that much damage Phyto nor any other product is going to help you that much. You need products, lines, etc. that focus on damaged hair and hope that it will correct it. After your hair is returned to health you can then focus on finding that staple of products that work for you time and time again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Best Wishes.

~SC

KAddy

I agree with Sengs about products for damaged hair. This is one of the reasons I chose the phytospecific vital force line. I loved what it said regarding it's purpose. It is geared for damaged hair. After using it for about a month now I am still in love with it. I am always amazed at how soft my new growth and hair is after using the products.

sengschick

The Bun Master
/images/graemlins/wave.gif Phyto Pusha (aka: Kaddy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Thanks for clarifying. I forgot about the Vital Force line. Shoulda known you have all the product lines on LOCK!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
/images/graemlins/wave.gif Phyto Pusha (aka: Kaddy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!