Calling all my dry hair sistahs (long)

crazyabouthair

I have found a moisturizing combo that is off the chain!! This is the Ferm hairline made by avlon who also makes the Keracare and Affirm line. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now but have hesitated to post cause it seems like I brag about something different every week. However I feel bad holding out on ya so here is my review.

Ferm Mositure Retaining Creme:
This is the first product I bought off the line. Before I bought it I read the back and it says to use with the keracare silken seal liquid sheen and the ferm aqualizer. I didn't pay that no mind cause companies always say to use their products together to get you to buy their products. So I bought it by itself and when I tried it I didn't like it at all. It seem to make my hair stiff and didn't moisturize any better than anything else I've bought in the past. I tried it a couple more times and still didn't like it and decided to either return it or throw it out. Then one day I had washed and deep conditioned my hair. When it was dry I used keracare's essential oils and silken seal serum to hot curl and style my hair. The creme was sitting on the dresser staring at me so I decided to try it again. OH MY GOD. I could not believe the difference. It was an instant transformation. My hair had softness and moisture like I've never known. So I came to the conclusion that you muse first use something to moisturize the hair and then use the moisture retaining creme to get good results.
So since that day I have been using it with the oils (I was now out of silken seal). This combo was very, very moisturizing but it had it's drawbacks. If too much was used it weighed the hair down, depending on how often its used it can build up quickly, and sometimes it made my hair too soft to hold my curls after I hot curled it.

Now you know I had to order the aqualizer to see how well
they worked together.

Ferm Moisturizing aqualizer:
I ordered this directly from avlons web site. This is a very light moisturizing spray. Like the creme the first two ingredients are water and glycerin. I also went out and bought the silken seal liquid sheen spray and tried it as directed. I sprayed the liquid sheen first, then sprayed the moisturizer, and rubbed in the creme. The results were awesome. It felt just as moisturized as when I was using it with the oil but so much lighter. The silken seal spray is very light and non greasy, and so is the aqualizer. The creme is the heaviest out of the 3 but even with all three products my hair stills feel light.

There's also a conditioner available from this line at sheldeez.com that I want to try called Ferm anti-drying conditioner I think. Anyway, I can't wait to get back to my hairdresser and see what she say's. She's always complaining about my hair being too dry. I should just go back there and say "How you like me now?"

Oh, I almost forgot, this line is actually made for those with curly perms and waves. The ingredients in the aqualizer reminds me of the those in the jerry curl sprays but trust me it is not greay and runny like the jerry curl sprays.

cybra

cah, I'm gonna print your post so I can have it next year when I stop wearing my braids. I'm pretty sure I'm going to relax my hair for my daughter's graduation, so I will try these products to keep it soft and moisturized. Thanks so much for the tip /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

crazyabouthair

No problem. When I try the conditioner I will let you guys know how that goes. I haven't found any shampoos from this line yet.

MissB

Thanks for posting this...I used the creme on my son's hair but it never did anything for me. I saw the aqualizer in a magazine recently. So, please keep us informed of your progress.

crazyabouthair

I'm suppose to receive the conditioner from sheldeez today via DHL. Everytime I hear a car drive by or a car door shut I'm looking out the window. I hope it gets here soon cause I need to wash my hair and roller set tonight class. I'll post results.

crazyabouthair

You can order from avlon.com or sheldeez.com. I think Avlon is cheaper but they take longer to deliver. Also, avlon doesn't sell the anti-drying conditioner but you'll find it at sheldeez. I suggest first going to the avlon website cause they give a description of all the products, sheldeez doesn't. Also, the silken seal shean spray is from the keracare line, also from avlon. If you order from sheldeez you'll have to search under keracare to find it, the rest of the products can be found under ferm.

I didn't get the conditioner in time to do my rollerset before class so I blowdried instead (Hated to do it but really needed to wash). I was sort of dissapointed cause I was expecting a rinse out and it turns out to be a leave in conditioner. So I washed and conditioned, then sprayed the antidrying conditioner, then the aqualizer, than put the moisture retaining creme as per the directions. I didn't use the sheen spray this time cause the directions on the anti-drying conditioner didn't say so. Than I blowdried.
My hair still came out soft and moisturized and results were decent. I didn't feel that the conditioner was anything to write home about though.

The next day I washed again and did a rollerset. This time I used the oil sheen along with all the others and it felt even better. My rollerset was easy to do. The only other product I used after the ferm products was a heat protector. My rollerset came out nice. When they were dry I used a little bit of the ferm products again and wrapped my hair. I didn't use any in the morning, just a bit of essential oils before hot curling and my hair was just beautiful.

I'm learning not to use these products twice a day cause it's really not necessary. I use them now only at night before I wrap and my hair stays moisturized throughout the next day. Also, using it twice a day makes it build up faster and requires more frequent washing. Using them in the morning before hot curling can make them too soft to curl.