CALLING ALL KITCHENTIANS: My protein, moisturizing DC recipe!

Prettyeyes

THIS IS VERY SIMPLE AND ONLY TAKES A MINUTE TO MAKE.

You will need:

a large bowl
a wire whisk
a spoon
an egg
an egg yolk
1/2 c. oil (canola or olive)
1/4 c. conditioner
a plastic shower cap
a hair turban towel (regular towel is fine too)

OPTIONS:
a few drops of your fave essential oil
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. Sulphur 8
garlic
etc. etc. etc.

I prefer options that tingle or help with a problem.

Place egg and yolk in bowl. Whisk together. Slowly pour in oil continually whisking. This is a hair mayo and should be slightly thick and a medium yellow color. Stir in conditioner with a spoon. ADD YOUR OPTION/OPTIONS (just a little) stir.

Coat your hair with the mixture.Put on your shower cap. Cover shower cap with a hair turban or a towel. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. Rinse with COOL water.Be sure to get all of the mixture out of your hair. Then add conditioner to your hair and rinse thoroughly. You will immediately notice your hair feels stronger.:grin:

LET ME KNOW IF YOU TRY IT:yep:

P

Paradox

Could I use garlic powder, if I don't have cloves of garlic?

The Savvy Sistah

I'm on the Egg Challenge and I'm doing something similar to this every other week.

You're right you'll notice stronger hair the natural way.

Eggs are a good source of protein and the oil/conditioner adds extra moisture.

Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

ShantWhite

Darnit! I just noticed this thread while I'm sitting here with pre-poo on my head. I added olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil and a touch of glycerine to ORS mayo. I had been looking for a shampoo or conditioner with garlic, but since I've had less shedding, I figured the problem was temporary.

I'll definitely try this next week. Thanks!

Lavendar

Oh yeah. I'm gonna try this. I just got some organic avocado oil, so I will use that instead. Thanks for the recipe Prettyeyes!

P

Paradox

I think fresh garlic would be best but the good thing about being a kitchentician is that you can experiment with what you have.
Thanks! this recipe is great, especially with the garlic, I haven't seen a homemade recipe do this but it makes so much sense since garlic helps with shedding