CALLING ALL COARSE 4B NATURALS ONLY

Nanyanika

Arcadian said:
What helped me with scalp soreness was massaging my head a few times a day. BTW I :love: your album. I was without a relaxer for I think 5 months (early july till last night) My hair grew quite a bit during that time and it really made my scalp sensitve. Massaging for 5-10 minutes really did the trick.

-A
Thanks for the compliment!! Do you think i could add some essential oils like tree tea oil or peppermint and rosemary while i masage the scalp area? . i read that thery have soothing effects on the scalp . Thanks for your help

ekomba

den1 said:
OMG, that's exactly what i'm going through now. i have terrible scalp tenderness, its sore everytime i try to part or braid it. I also have pain in spots where the relaxer burnt on my scalp. i've also stopping relaxing for one year now. I don't what i'm going to do.

maybe you could just baby it to the max like pre poo , cond deep cond and everything and keep it in braids or buns until you get like a large amount of growth lets say another 6month to a year of intensive care and then trim all the scab hair so you dont go through the short hair stage and you will see for yourself after a while the new growth come out softer you could transition for another 8months or till september to give you time but baby your hair no matter deep cond and everything and keep it up in one bun or 4 plaits someting that does not require that you manipulate it and wash only once a week to 2 weeks taking your time and detangling with your fingers when its soaking with deep cond and cond sometimes leaving it overnight under a plastic bag and mix honey on the lekair cholesterol its best so that when you will big chop you gained the same amount so dont apply no other chemicals let it rest and baby it to the max and then when the soreness is gone cause it will go away after a couple of months when it starts producing the softer hair then u can decide whether u want to chop or perm

Last edited:

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
maybe you could just baby it to the max like pre poo , cond deep cond and everything and keep it in braids or buns until you get like a large amount of growth lets say another 6month to a year of intensive care and then trim all the scab hair so you dont go through the short hair stage and you will see for yourself after a while the new growth come out softer you could transition for another 8months or till september to give you time but baby your hair no matter deep cond and everything and keep it up in one bun or 4 plaits someting that does not require that you manipulate it and wash only once a week to 2 weeks taking your time and detangling with your fingers when its soaking with deep cond and cond sometimes leaving it overnight under a plastic bag and mix honey on the lekair cholesterol its best so that when you will big chop you gained the same amount so dont apply no other chemicals let it rest and baby it to the max and then when the soreness is gone cause it will go away after a couple of months when it starts producing the softer hair then u can decide whether u want to chop or perm
Thank-you for supplying wealth of advice!!!! I will be keeping my hair in a bun for now until the soreness subsides, then i'll leave braids in for 2 months. in-between styles i'll deep condition and moisturise, moisturise and moisturise. I was thinking of transitioing without the Bc for a while probably until DEC 2006, i'm afraid of having short hair. Thanks soo much, i'm going to save all this information for future reference.

hotshot

den1 said:
I remember reading Andre;s system and i felt the descritption more matched my hair type which is 4b. I Find the hairtyping thing a bit confusing but, i'll stick with 4b. I'm definitely going buy some sta-sof-fro, it can get oily with usuage but my hair is begging for it. Thanks for your help
in the old pics of her hair, when she first came to the board and had been 100% natural for 20+ years, Den was a definite type 4ab. trust me, as a natural type 4, i couldnt get the image out of my head!!

Arcadian

den1 said:
Thanks for the compliment!! Do you think i could add some essential oils like tree tea oil or peppermint and rosemary while i masage the scalp area? . i read that thery have soothing effects on the scalp . Thanks for your help

For myself, if I don't do it in the morning when I wash my hair, I don't use anything at all, I stick my hands in my head and just go for it. Some of the people I work with just give me this :eek: look if they come in my office (heck I can't help it it feels good!) :lol:

For my boyfriend I use 1,2 drops in a tablespoon of jojoba oil (or whatever oil you have handy) and then just use the pads of your fingers and massage everywhere. He has no hair problems, he just likes massages.:D
I usually put on some good music and do it:lachen: It helps with the stress factor (cause I know this has got to be driving you crazy) and it helps to relieve the ache too.

-A

Nanyanika

hotshot said:
in the old pics of her hair, when she first came to the board and had been 100% natural for 20+ years, Den was a definite type 4ab. trust me, as a natural type 4, i couldnt get the image out of my head!!
I remember those pics!!! my hair was super thick and coarse, however i have always had multiple textures, so relaxing hasn't changed my hair type. my hair is exactly the same texture, only that i totally cut out heavy protein, so my texture seems more softer.

ekomba

den1 said:
Thank-you for supplying wealth of advice!!!! I will be keeping my hair in a bun for now until the soreness subsides, then i'll leave braids in for 2 months. in-between styles i'll deep condition and moisturise, moisturise and moisturise. I was thinking of transitioing without the Bc for a while probably until DEC 2006, i'm afraid of having short hair. Thanks soo much, i'm going to save all this information for future reference.

You welcome Den me i big chop because i did not know better but transitioning with no big chop is very feasible and as it gets longer you will just trim as you go and the more growth you get then after you just trim the scab hair when your hair is back to a longer length its just gonna be your ends. i can relate cause i went through that and did not understand what to do i did braids but the soreness was such and then after i kept chopping one day it did not hurt anymore. and i remember your hair well your 4ab i remember the huge natural hair but people dont realize that when you are transitioning the new growth appears like its curling i had that even though i was taking my vits in fact the relaxed ends make the new growth seems like curl but as soon as u cut them off the new growth is no longer "relaxed" or should i say extended and go back to its natural appearance. and the hair that was easier to take care now seems all a sudden unmanageable. the headaches for me were bad as well as the soreness i thought it was vitamin or that i was sick because i m not usually tender headed u know as if you had braids for the first time then it s best to not do the daily washes but mostly once to every two weeks not to lose to many strands of hair and you can put some wheat germ oil, rosemary oil ,peppermint to massage the scalp and relieve scalp and even almond oil and plastic cap avoid a lot of manipulation and just transition hope it helps

Last edited:

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
You welcome Den me i big chop because i did not know better but transitioning with no big chop is very feasible and as it gets longer you will just trim as you go and the more growth you get then after you just trim the scab hair when your hair is back to a longer length its just gonna be your ends. i can relate cause i went through that and did not understand what to do i did braids but the soreness was such and then after i kept chopping one day it did not hurt anymore. and i remember your hair well your 4ab i remember the huge natural hair but people dont realize that when you are transitioning the new growth appears like its curling i had that even though i was taking my vits in fact the relaxed ends make the new growth seems like curl but as soon as u cut them off the new growth is no longer "relaxed" or should i say extended and go back to its natural appearance. and the hair that was easier to take care now seems all a sudden unmanageable. the headaches for me were bad as well as the soreness i thought it was vitamin or that i was sick because i m not usually tender headed u know as if you had braids for the first time then it s best to not do the daily washes but mostly once to every two weeks not to lose to many strands of hair and you can put some wheat germ oil, rosemary oil ,peppermint to massage the scalp and relieve scalp and even almond oil and plastic cap avoid a lot of manipulation and just transition hope it helps
i'd have to take my time getting rid of the scab hair i have in the crown area of my head, i've also suffred demarcation breakage there because of the rough scab hair. Thanks!! for everything.

Nanyanika

Arcadian said:
For myself, if I don't do it in the morning when I wash my hair, I don't use anything at all, I stick my hands in my head and just go for it. Some of the people I work with just give me this :eek: look if they come in my office (heck I can't help it it feels good!) :lol:

For my boyfriend I use 1,2 drops in a tablespoon of jojoba oil (or whatever oil you have handy) and then just use the pads of your fingers and massage everywhere. He has no hair problems, he just likes massages.:D
I usually put on some good music and do it:lachen: It helps with the stress factor (cause I know this has got to be driving you crazy) and it helps to relieve the ache too.

-A
Thanks!1 i'll try that. you ladies are so helpful.

ekomba

den1 said:
i'd have to take my time getting rid of the scab hair i have in the crown area of my head, i've also suffred demarcation breakage there because of the rough scab hair. Thanks!! for everything.

Try to also use the nutrine garlic poo and cond for your demarcation breakage it stopped me from losing long strands of hair while transitioning i would follow with cond mixed with lekair shower cap that i would leave overnight and rinse in the morning

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
Try to also use the nutrine garlic poo and cond for your demarcation breakage it stopped me from losing long strands of hair while transitioning i would follow with cond mixed with lekair shower cap that i would leave overnight and rinse in the morning
Thanks for the suggestion, i hope i can get this product in the UK. I cut out lekair cholesterol, it makes my hair coarser due to the protein. I'd have to find an alternative

beyondcute

Well thank you for clarifying for me :) If youre 4b then I must be too. Im just using the minimum of stuff. Keracare humecto and oil are my friends. I have prescription shampoo but other than that I keep it really simple or else my hair will seriously look like its running away from me LOL MY sister uses cholesterol by LeKair and she likes it. She is 95% natural. What were you using before you transitioined? (befoer hte home made mixture...) Has that stopped working? I say if it worked before then I keep with it. Good luck and please dont give up! I need somebody to inspire me!

Last edited:

Nanyanika

beyondcute said:
Well thank you for clarifying for me :) If youre 4b then I must be too. Im just using the minimum of stuff. Keracare humecto and oil are my friends. I have prescription shampoo but other than that I keep it really simple or else my hair will seriously look like its running away from me LOL MY sister uses cholesterol by LeKair and she likes it. She is 95% natural. What were you using before you transitioined? (befoer hte home made mixture...) Has that stopped working? I say if it worked before then I keep with it. Good luck and please dont give up! I need somebody to inspire me!
Your hair is really gorgoeus, i think your type 3 though. I used lots of expensive brand namecproducts before transitioning and a lot of them didn't work. the homemade spray is still working. i think the problem is the diffrent textures and some scab haitr that i have in the crown of my head. i haven't deep conditioned in a while because i'm still looking for one that wil work.

rai

den1 said:
Your hair is really gorgoeus, i think your type 3 though. I used lots of expensive brand namecproducts before transitioning and a lot of them didn't work. the homemade spray is still working. i think the problem is the diffrent textures and some scab haitr that i have in the crown of my head. i haven't deep conditioned in a while because i'm still looking for one that wil work.

It's hard to tell hair types when if your hair is chemically processed because the perm pulls down the strands. However, your hair does look like a type 4 to me, but I guess we won't really know unless you cut off the processed ends.

Den, wow I'm sorry to hair castor oil made your hair hard. I've only used it for 4 weeks, but right now it is working like a charm for my hair. I like shea butter (melted and use it as an oil), but I had a horrific experience the last time I used it and I stopped. When I rinsed my hair, it looked all cakey and floury. When it dried it looked okay (after me squeezing and squeezing my hair), but I was scared because the more I used water, the worst it got..

Nanyanika

rai said:
It's hard to tell hair types when if your hair is chemically processed because the perm pulls down the strands. However, your hair does look like a type 4 to me, but I guess we won't really know unless you cut off the processed ends.

Den, wow I'm sorry to hair castor oil made your hair hard. I've only used it for 4 weeks, but right now it is working like a charm for my hair. I like shea butter (melted and use it as an oil), but I had a horrific experience the last time I used it and I stopped. When I rinsed my hair, it looked all cakey and floury. When it dried it looked okay (after me squeezing and squeezing my hair), but I was scared because the more I used water, the worst it got..
Sounds like you put to much sheabutter in your hair, its rich so you only need to use small amounts on damp/wet hair. Personally, i won't use castor oil again unless its mixed with other oils.

Zeal

Starting from scratch. I am dong the CatSuga Thing with the herbal Essence and Sta Sof Fro. I am thinking of getting MTG. Any suggestions?

ekomba

den1 said:
Thanks for the suggestion, i hope i can get this product in the UK. I cut out lekair cholesterol, it makes my hair coarser due to the protein. I'd have to find an alternative

Den1 try the other lekair not the peach one the shea butter one its so rich i had a blast it detangled everything with no shedding i looooooooooove it i m buy more i think i saw threads on it but did not know which lekair they were raving about as i only saw the green and the peach one loooove it

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
Den1 try the other lekair not the peach one the shea butter one its so rich i had a blast it detangled everything with no shedding i looooooooooove it i m buy more i think i saw threads on it but did not know which lekair they were raving about as i only saw the green and the peach one loooove it
ok thanks then!!!!!!!

naturaline

den1 said:
I'm currently transitioning back to natural coarse 4b hair. The problem is my newgrowth is extremely dry and coaRse. i conditioner wash weith vo5 is usually a bit softer, next i add my HOMEMADE spray and a mix of world of curls/coconut oil, which feels good on the hair. but when it dries its coarse and dry no matter which products i use. i don't know what conditioners or moisturisers to use anymore cause they refuse to work. What has worked for your hair? thanks in advance.

Hi there, have you tried nectar of nature (its on ebay)
i used it while i was transitioning and it softed my hair so much its lovely. i now use a little nearly every day. its been great for my braid-outs :p

Hope this help :D