Burning

tasha

I just got a relaxer yesterday and I followed all the rules of using castor oil 3 or so days prior to the relaxer to help soften the new growth and prevent burning. I also made sure there was no irritaion of the scalp for a week before...but I still felt the burn
My hairdresser told me it was because of how tight my curls were and having to pull the hair while applying the relaxer (even though she was gentle)it opened my poors up thus causing the burn. I have been airdrying my hair for 2 months so my new growth was pretty tight. Any ideas on how to prevent this problem the next time around?

soslychic

I don't know if she based your scalp or not, but I can tell you than when I based my scalp both with ors olive oil sheen spray and with affirm gentle assurance for the first time in my life I didn't burn. The first time in my LIFE.
I've had some HORRIBLE burning scabbing experiences in the past. So I would definetly recomend either of those products. The combo worked best for me.

tasha

She did base my scalp prior to the application (sorry for not mentioning that). I also want to say, that my burning is always just in the back of my head...maybe that's because that's where she starts?

tasha

Thanks soslychic, I will definitely try that....cause I tell ya ... my poor little head was on fire