BSL

Aviah

What exactly is BSL? I know its bra strap length, but is it the top of the strap, the middle or the bottom? And I noticed some people wear bras really high (clasp is almost at APL) others really low (BSL=WL). I know we are all porportioned differently, but there's gotta be some definition no?

It's more accurate to measure below the shoulder blade (BSB), because so many women either wear their bras too high or too low.

The brastrap is supposed to be right below your shoulder blade, so it's best to go by that. Below Shoulder Blade: BSB

That sounds like a more accurate measure. My bra sits there, but because my torso is short I think my BSL is also MBL... The short torso also kind of combines WL and HBL for me, if not they're like an inch apart, am I naming these places correctly on myself or does anyone else have this?

That sounds like a more accurate measure. My bra sits there, but because my torso is short I think my BSL is also MBL... The short torso also kind of combines WL and HBL for me, if not they're like an inch apart, am I naming these places correctly on myself or does anyone else have this?

I think I do, cuz my bra sits where I would consider beginning of midback, and then full midback for me would be hitting waist.....it's so confusing because I'm short also.....so to some people apl would look long, but too me it's not long enough......and I know waist would look long to me and very long to other people, but with bsl, I just go by where the bra strap connects to be on the safe side....but BSB is probably better though......

Yes, don't go by BSL!!!! Go by BSB. I thought I was stuck at "BSL" for such a long time and then realized I was full MBL because each bra fits a different way on my body (and I have a long back). I think my hair is like 5 inches past BSB? So I was sitting at MBL for awhile thinking I wasn't because of a dumb bra strap lol

I think I do, cuz my bra sits where I would consider beginning of midback, and then full midback for me would be hitting waist.....it's so confusing because I'm short also.....so to some people apl would look long, but too me it's not long enough......and I know waist would look long to me and very long to other people, but with bsl, I just go by where the bra strap connects to be on the safe side....but BSB is probably better though......

Yes, don't go by BSL!!!! Go by BSB. I thought I was stuck at "BSL" for such a long time and then realized I was full MBL because each bra fits a different way on my body (and I have a long back). I think my hair is like 5 inches past BSB? So I was sitting at MBL for awhile thinking I wasn't because of a dumb bra strap lol

How tall are you guys?

Heres a chart

HairLengthsChart-vi.jpg

Everyone's body is different. So, for some ppl BSB is close to or the same as MBL. Or WL is the same as MBL. It just depends on your body.

But, I've never seen WL and HL be the same thing or only an inch a part. I don't see how that's possible. WL is measured at your natural waist, which is generally at or a bit above your belly button. Where we wear pants is generally where HL is measured, like the top of your waistband. I know there has to be more than an inch between WL and HL, unless your body just has really really weird proportions.

Everyone's body is different. So, for some ppl BSB is close to or the same as MBL. Or WL is the same as MBL. It just depends on your body.

But, I've never seen WL and HL be the same thing or only an inch a part. I don't see how that's possible. WL is measured at your natural waist, which is generally at or a bit above your belly button. Where we wear pants is generally where HL is measured, like the top of your waistband. I know there has to be more than an inch between WL and HL, unless your body just has really really weird proportions.

What you describe would make HL as iffy as BSL. I don't think any of the measurements should be defined by where an article of clothing falls.

I've seen in this post 2 different definitions of what BSB is. Is is Below Shoulder Blade or Between Shoulder Blade? I'm confused. That is the measurement that I am going to go by. I wear my bras low and my BSL is more like MBL.

What you describe would make HL as iffy as BSL. I don't think any of the measurements should be defined by where an article of clothing falls.

I completely agree with you. I think lengths should only be measured by the body. That's just where most ppl seem to measure HL. And really there are only a few ppl there so it doesn't really matter that much LOL. Anyway, that's why I stick with Below Shoulder Blade because there's no confusion. BSL is way too subjective.

True BSL is when all off your hair falls just below your shoulder blades.

Ahhhh if only my hair grew in that manner:ohwell:,I have natural layers that fall in a "V" shape,so when I reached BSL my front and sides met APL...I guess when I reach MBL,the front/sides will be BSL...oh well,such is life:drunk:

I'm 5'4 even though people swear i'm taller lol

Same here lol

BSB I think is the same for me as MBL. Again, because of the way I'm porportioned, WL and HBL are really short distances apart- literally 2 inches max. I consider the natural waist to be under the last rib, but above the hipbone... I'm sure my porportions aren't that weird :perplexed.
True BSL is when all off your hair falls just below your shoulder blades.
I agree, but for me, BSB is the first goal, FULL BSB is the second:grin:

I feel that's true for all the lengths...but if everyone followed it there'd be a whole bunch of people who are still SL.

Question: So does that mean the shortest section of your hair is where you claim? I'm sure the front of my hair behind the "babyhairs" (if you want to call them that) will never reach my goals, they kinda stop at chin length. Do you then not claim let's say APL or BSB?

Everyone has to make that decision for themselves. As long as it's in the general area of where the bra is suppose to be on the average women I think one should claim BSL.

Question: So does that mean the shortest section of your hair is where you claim? I'm sure the front of my hair behind the "babyhairs" (if you want to call them that) will never reach my goals, they kinda stop at chin length. Do you then not claim let's say APL or BSB?

Personally, I judge my lengths by the crown of my head. Right now my crown is nape length so that's what I claim even though a portion of my hair is already APL. But that's just what I do...everyone has their own way of judging.

Everyone has to make that decision for themselves. As long as it's in the general area of where the bra is suppose to be on the average women I think one should claim BSL.

Personally, I judge my lengths by the crown of my head. Right now my crown is nape length so that's what I claim even though a portion of my hair is already APL. But that's just what I do...everyone has their own way of judging.

I understand that, I just wanted to see how others see it.

Back