BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Benuontherise

Ok guys, I had the texterizer done at.school yest. Prodeucts used was low lye relaxer.by design essentials, gemtal balance shampoo after neutralizng shampoo, 6 in 1 reconstructor conditioner and last silk essentials serum. I had pin curls in my hair and another trim because the dread removal had alot if split ends. Now im full apl with only naoe peaking past.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141107_090209.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141107_090209.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 80
  • ForumRunner_20141107_090302.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141107_090302.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 89

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ok guys, I had the texterizer done at.school yest. Prodeucts used was low lye relaxer.by design essentials, gemtal balance shampoo after neutralizng shampoo, 6 in 1 reconstructor conditioner and last silk essentials serum. I had pin curls in my hair and another trim because the dread removal had alot if split ends. Now im full apl with only naoe peaking past.

Wow! Your hair looks so shiny :gorgeous:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today the clouds finally went away so I am going to straighten my roots with the flat iron on low heat. I have had my hair blown out for 2 weeks and I am trying to make it last 2 more.

Benuontherise

Wow! Your hair looks so shiny :gorgeous:
Thanks, my hair was blow dried and flat ironed.

Today the clouds finally went away so I am going to straighten my roots with the flat iron on low heat. I have had my hair blown out for 2 weeks and I am trying to make it last 2 more.

Good idea for your hair, how to you wrap your hair at night? I'm also trying to find ways to maintain my straight hair with minimal direct heat.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thanks, my hair was blow dried and flat ironed.

Good idea for your hair, how to you wrap your hair at night? I'm also trying to find ways to maintain my straight hair with minimal direct heat.

I cross wrap at night with 2 goody duck clips. Gather your hair in the back like you are doing a low pony and cross one side over the other. Secure it with pins or clips. This method keeps my hair bouncy and straight for weeks

Benuontherise

I cross wrap at night with 2 goody duck clips. Gather your hair in the back like you are doing a low pony and cross one side over the other. Secure it with pins or clips. This method keeps my hair bouncy and straight for weeks

Thanks @ prettymetty. I've been twisting my hair into a bun held with Bobby pins with mesh wrap and bonnet. I maintain body. I like big pin curls also.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im debating whether I should dry shampoo my hair tonight or just let it be (oily). It actually feels soft and moisturized and I haven't added anything to it in days.

niecy8892

Im debating whether I should dry shampoo my hair tonight or just let it be (oily). It actually feels soft and moisturized and I haven't added anything to it in days.

Prettymetty, what method/products are you using so that you can go days without adding anything. I'm usually ok for a couple days after I wash, but after that I pretty much have to m&s daily. Thanks! :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Prettymetty, what method/products are you using so that you can go days without adding anything. I'm usually ok for a couple days after I wash, but after that I pretty much have to m&s daily. Thanks! :)

I have hand in hair disease :lol: so I am always massaging my scalp, touching my ends, etc. I guess the moisture from my scalp gets distributed that way. The only thing new that I am using is the Chi Keratin Mist. I guess that helps with moisture retention too. Protein helps moisture stay in our hair

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just put my hair in a bun and wrapped it with a cotton scarf. Hopefully the cotton will soak up some of the extra oil :(

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm going to join this. I am co-hosting the WL 2015 too, but that is a "hopefully" type goal. MBL can definitely happen (if it doesn't, I probably need to see a dr. :look:). It's a realistic goal (as it was last year :rolleyes:). Anyway, I still have about 2 inches to grow in the back to reach MBL.

Goal Month: MBL June-July 2015.

I will reintroduce sulfur oil and scalp massages at least 4x weekly. I will drink more water daily and keep up with my vitamins, including iron. I am adding in monthly Bentonite clay treatments and additional medium/hard protein treatments.

My "starting "pic" is from July...but it hasn't grown since then, so yeah...it will have to do.

ETA: DEC 2014 Starting pic (Pink is MBL, Blue is WL)
20140705_135305.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141221_104351.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141221_104351.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am gonna be bunning for the next 2 weeks. My hair is moisturized and a little on the oily side, so I won't be adding any products until my next wash.

Beautified16

Texlaxed
I will post my picture at the end of the year but I am currently grazing BSL and I would love to be MBL by the end of next year. Since I had my daughter last year I have become really lazy with my hair. This challenge is what I need to get myself back into my regimen properly.

Current Regimen
Prepoo/Deep Condition
Shampoo
Condition
Air dry in twists or Rollerset
Moisturize and Seal when needed
Clarify 1-2 a month
Relax every 3 months

Side Note: I need to start protective styling my hair.

missyrayne19

I'm thinking of joining this challenge. I'm like an inch away from (grazing) BSL. I'll be there by my next touch up in December.

I think it would be fun to do my first challenge on here too :yep: Decisions, decisions...

Benuontherise

I made my first wig today as an alternative to bunning. Going to try to protect my hair from cold whether season. @ prettymetty, does the dry shamooo have any effect on the weight of your hair? Can you still maintain a lot of bounce?

ForumRunner_20141112_231920.jpg
Here is my wig but didn't have my flat iron to curl my bang.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Dry shampoo makes my hair smell great and it always feels lighter after the excess oils are removed. It gives it a matte look though since it is powdery/chalky

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My blowout is 3 weeks old so I decided to do a rollerset with satin rollers. I used Neutrogena silk touch cream before I rolled each section.

Attachments

• 20141113_215317.jpg
    20141113_215317.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 120

Duchess007

I'm thinking of joining this challenge. I'm like an inch away from (grazing) BSL. I'll be there by my next touch up in December.

I think it would be fun to do my first challenge on here too :yep: Decisions, decisions...

Do it!!! :grin:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My scalp is tender in the front right side of my head. Maybe I have been too rough with my scalp massages :confused:

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
My sulfur oil came today. I will start oiling tonight with overnight baggy sessions. I will do this five times a week.

Anaisin

I want to join.

I'll be wash n go bunning for the rest of the year, only using heat to dry my hair. I'll post a starting pic next month when I blow it out. I do think I have a pic from Sept 2014 though, I'll try and post soon.

My regimen will be co washing 3x a week, deep conditioning and oiling scalp 1x a week, moisturize & seal daily.

My hair is 4abc, mostly 4b. Last I checked in Sept, the back of my hair touched my bra strap, the rest is full apl and the front is like collarbone ish. My strands are fine, I have low-med density, and low porosity.

I have a really long torso, my bra strap sits low and mbl is even lower lol hopefully I can meet the goal.

ajargon02

Hi all. I was bsl and had a trim so I am back chasing bsl again.
I will post my starting pix at the end of the year.
My reggie:
Wash with luv naturals or original moxie.
Deep condish with my steamer.
Spritz jane carter leave-in
Use original moxie leave-in or eden body wrks coconut leave-in.
Seal with shea mix
Twist to air dry and stretch or roller set to air dry
Then twist it up.
--------
I keep in my twists for 1-2 wks at a time. I RARELY wear my hair out.
I am taking viviscal and have for abt 3months and I am noticing that I am retaining really well. I am sure that I will b back to bsl in no time.
-------
Eta: daily I mist my hair especially my ends. Then every 3-4 days in addition I will use my daily spritz then add the leave-ins especially giving special attention to my ends & seal with my shea mix.
I re-twist about once a week or so.

This seems to really work me.

Last edited:

Lelebug88

So I'm new to lhcf and this is my first challenge. I am natural with a 4b hair texture. I am about 1 inch from bsl right now so my goal is to reach mbl by July or August of 2015. In this pic my hair is blown out lightly with a lot of volume still at the roots so it doesn't look as long as it actually is. This pic is from October of this year. I have not straightened with the flat iron since August and will try not to straighten again until July 2015. This pic is after giving myself s really good trim so I should be good to go.

image-907705860.jpg

Leo24Rule

Thanks! I get a rollerset at a Dominican place. Then my roots are blown out with a round brush. She usually uses the flatiron to bump my ends and smooth the flyaways.

Do you find that the Dominican blowout really helps the hair thrive/grow? I've read that somewhere...just wondering?

Leo24Rule

Hi all. I was bsl and had a trim so I am back chasing bsl again.
I will post my starting pix at the end of the year.
My reggie:
Wash with luv naturals or original moxie.
Deep condish with my steamer.
Spritz jane carter leave-in
Use original moxie leave-in or eden body wrks coconut leave-in.
Seal with shea mix
Twist to air dry and stretch or roller set to air dry
Then twist it up.
--------
I keep in my twists for 1-2 wks at a time. I RARELY wear my hair out.
I am taking viviscal and have for abt 3months and I am noticing that I am retaining really well. I am sure that I will b back to bsl in no time.
-------
Eta: daily I mist my hair especially my ends. Then every 3-4 days in addition I will use my daily spritz then add the leave-ins especially giving special attention to my ends & seal with my shea mix.
I re-twist about once a week or so.

This seems to really work me.

Exactly what's in your daily spritz?

Leo24Rule

I'm going to join this. I am co-hosting the WL 2015 too, but that is a "hopefully" type goal. MBL can definitely happen (if it doesn't, I probably need to see a dr. :look:). It's a realistic goal (as it was last year :rolleyes:). Anyway, I still have about 2 inches to grow in the back to reach MBL.

Goal Month: June-July 2015.

I will reintroduce sulfur oil and scalp massages at least 4x weekly. I will drink more water daily and keep up with my vitamins, including iron. I am adding in monthly Bentonite clay treatments and additional medium/hard protein treatments.

My "starting "pic" is from July...but it hasn't grown since then, so yeah...it will have to do.

Do you find the sulfur oil really makes a difference in the strength and adds to retention?