BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

GettingKinky

bronxsoloist your hair is so pretty.

I'm thinking of transitioning to natural. My last touch up was 6/12/14. At my growth rate I could have 3 inches of natural hair by the end of the year. Maybe at that point I'll chop off my last 3 inches of bonelaxed hair.

Guinan

Re-Branding
@GettingKinky, I see you decided to transition!!! I would say we could be transition buddies, but I plan on cutting my hair this week:yep: After the cut I should be alittle above NL. The reason why I'm cutting is because I cut too much off in the front and its not blending well and b/c I'm impatient. I'm surprised I've lasted this long.

I plan on staying in this challenge, but will join the shoulder length challenge next yr. I feel like I've joined too many challenges and I have no clue which ones I belong too anymore.:spinning:

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
So I did some research and I know why my ends felt like straw. I have protein overload; AGAIN. Which makes sense b/c prior to straightening my hair I used a mild protein twice. The reason was b/c I ran out of my stronger protein, so I decided to use the mild protein twice b/c of the lack of strength. Well I guess I was wrong.

I bought a wig yesterday. I really like it. I plan on buying another one on Friday. This was my 1st time buying a wig that didnt have a comb. I plan on wigging it until Jan 2015.

m_wink

Hi ladies! I have been gone but I did not forget to take care of my hair. I'm happy to say that I have reached solid BSL. Here is a picture from my instagram! I plan on getting to MBL by the end of this year! :spinning:

Screenshot_2014-08-05-15-19-57.jpg

GettingKinky

@GettingKinky, I see you decided to transition!!! I would say we could be transition buddies, but I plan on cutting my hair this week:yep: After the cut I should be alittle above NL. The reason why I'm cutting is because I cut too much off in the front and its not blending well and b/c I'm impatient. I'm surprised I've lasted this long. I plan on staying in this challenge, but will join the shoulder length challenge next yr. I feel like I've joined too many challenges and I have no clue which ones I belong too anymore.:spinning:

I'm pretty sure (90-95%) I'm going to transition. My hair stretches pretty easily and my hair is pretty lightly texlaxed so I don't think it will be a big difference. I guess I will find out. During my texlax transition I thought about turning back a number of times, but then I was afraid that if I re-relaxed my texlaxed hair it might all fall out so I had to keep going.

I can't believe you are cutting to NL!! I could never be without bunning ability so I'll be transitioning forever. At least 2.5 years.

jprayze

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted and I hope everyone is doing well! pelohello I can't believe you're cutting! We've been in these challenges for so long together.

If any of you follow Yolanda Renee on YT, I got a chance to meet her when she did her meet n greet in DC. She was very nice and I wore a flexi rod set for the event. The flexi rods lastest about 1 week. I also got a lot of products to try. I tried the entwine moisture masque and I love it so far.

I got senegalease twists on Tuesday and will be keeping them as long as I can! I hoping when I take them out I will be able to claim MBL.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted and I hope everyone is doing well! pelohello I can't believe you're cutting! We've been in these challenges for so long together.

If any of you follow Yolanda Renee on YT, I got a chance to meet her when she did her meet n greet in DC. She was very nice and I wore a flexi rod set for the event. The flexi rods lastest about 1 week. I also got a lot of products to try. I tried the entwine moisture masque and I love it so far.

I got senegalease twists on Tuesday and will be keeping them as long as I can! I hoping when I take them out I will be able to claim MBL.

Welcome back!! I can't believe im cutting either. I hope i don't chicken out. I was supposed to cut yesterday but i started playing in it instead of cutting it.

jprayze

Pics of my flexirods and Senegalese twists and the Yolanda Renee takes DMV events and now I'm all caught up! :)

image-2680472532.jpg

image-2159304269.jpg

image-3293458797.jpg

GettingKinky

Welcome back jprayze! Your flexi rod set is beautiful.

Here's my fresh flat iron from last night and then my braid n curl this morning.

Attachments

• image-506848232.jpg
    image-506848232.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3996607210.jpg
    image-3996607210.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

trendsetta25

This is the longest and hardest hair journey for me. Every time I take a step forward I end up moving two steps back. I texlaxed today after 4 months of stretching and was depressed after seeing the status of my growth. I got my last professional trim back in January. Self trimmed in April and haven't trimmed since. I keep my hair braided under wigs and release the braids every two weeks so I'm not manipulating so often. I wash and DC weekly. Now I have to trim about 3-4 inches off image-2095630542.jpg image-1160054593.jpg

This is my hair gathered together

image-1869371783.jpg

Last edited:

GettingKinky

trendsetta25 I'm sorry you're not happy with your progress. Have you been doing something new with your hair since your trim in Jan?

If you're going to keep your hair braided/under a wig maybe you don't need to cut 3-4 inches yet. It might even out on its own.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
GettingKinky Beautiful hair of course! You're pretty much MBL. Have you claimed it? I hope your transition goes well!

pelohello of course you know I'm against you cutting all that pretty hair. You and Mz.Momo :nono:

trendsetta25 Why do you need to cut 4 inches off again? Your hair grows in a V and it's made a lot of length progress since April. It's gone from 7 - 9 on your lc shirt.

ImanAdero

Taking my weave OUT!

8 weeks and 1 day of protective styling!

I think I can do a 6 month protective style challenge! I'm gonna get another sew in in September and see if I can make it last longer.

I'm about to put some serious moisture in this hair of mine and use up some of my products!

Guinan

Re-Branding
GettingKinky Beautiful hair of course! You're pretty much MBL. Have you claimed it? I hope your transition goes well!

pelohello of course you know I'm against you cutting all that pretty hair. You and Mz.Momo :nono:

trendsetta25 Why do you need to cut 4 inches off again? Your hair grows in a V and it's made a lot of length progress since April. It's gone from 7 - 9 on your lc shirt.

I knowww. I need a change & if i dont cut now, then i'll probably relax

Guinan

Re-Branding
^^So why don't you relax pelohello? Aren't you texlaxed already? When was your last touch up? pelohello

I'll be a yr post in 3wks. I feel at this point, i dont really want to texlax & I don't want to transition. Plus almost my whole front is natural.

I want a change too. I thought the color would fix that, but it didn't. I might be getting an undercut too:) I say this now, but may chicken out. I'm so indecisive. I was thinking of waiting until next jan, but im too impatient.

naturalagain2

Been in a wig for the last two wks. On Wed. I prepooed with AO GPB Condish then shampooed with NuEnz Organic Shampoo. Then I Dc'ed with SSI Avocado Condish rinsed then used Aphogee Green Tea spray and sealed with one n only Argan oil treatment and blow dried. I got another protective style yesterday. I got it braided into a bun but the ends are twists. I plan to wear this for three weeks.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'll be a yr post in 3wks. I feel at this point, i dont really want to texlax & I don't want to transition. Plus almost my whole front is natural.

I want a change too. I thought the color would fix that, but it didn't. I might be getting an undercut too:) I say this now, but may chicken out. I'm so indecisive. I was thinking of waiting until next jan, but im too impatient.

Chile you are going on MBL! Go head and get you a pixie wig or weave and call it a day! pelohello

ImanAdero

In a wash n to today.

Question: anyone know of a good dupe for Kinky Curly Knot Today or Karen's Body Beautiful leave in?

I love the consistency of them, but would like to find one that's less than $10. I go through them so quickly with a wash n go, so I need a less expensive alternative.

Angelbean

In a wash n to today.

Question: anyone know of a good dupe for Kinky Curly Knot Today or Karen's Body Beautiful leave in?

I love the consistency of them, but would like to find one that's less than $10. I go through them so quickly with a wash n go, so I need a less expensive alternative.

I love both leave ins you mentioned, but a good alternative is Eden body works shea coconut leave in has great slip and is uber moisturizing

Guinan

Re-Branding
So I bought a curly wig and I LOVE it!! I think every time I get paid, I'm going to buy a wig. So far I have a straight and curly wig. I found a curly U-part wig for 20 bucks.

I'm committing to a no-heat personal challege until Jan 2015 and committing to monthly inversions.

I used the DEVA curl no-poo and conditioner again. The weirdest(sp) thing happened. I was in the shower and I was putting the conditioner in my hand and as I was pouring it into my hand, I got an electric shock. I mean a REAL shock where I saw a spark. Why the heck did that happen!!??! Has that happened to anyone before??

Lilmama1011

So I bought a curly wig and I LOVE it!! I think every time I get paid, I'm going to buy a wig. So far I have a straight and curly wig. I found a curly U-part wig for 20 bucks.

I'm committing to a no-heat personal challege until Jan 2015 and committing to monthly inversions.

I used the DEVA curl no-poo and conditioner again. The weirdest(sp) thing happened. I was in the shower and I was putting the conditioner in my hand and as I was pouring it into my hand, I got an electric shock. I mean a REAL shock where I saw a spark. Why the heck did that happen!!??! Has that happened to anyone before??

Wow..........