BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

Duchess007

Lol I've done that before where I really had more to say but was so sleepy I just barely made 10 characters lol!

So I finally made my hair grease... I have yet to use it cause I havent washed my hair cause I'm sooooo lazy!!! I'm going to be my own set back soon enough.

I still want to cut it though. I want to do an A-line bob. I think would like it and it'd be enough hair gone that I will want to deal with it again. However that means losing all of my progress.

I dunno :/

Girl... don't you cut that hair!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Mz.MoMo5235

Ok... I've decided to postpone all major cuts intill spring. No use in my head being cold this winter any ways. But I need to do a trim. Trying to decide if I should do it my self or go somewhere to get it done. I want to make sure enough is cut off cause scissors havens seen my hair since I buzzed it off. But since I dont use heat and ps 11x out of 10 :look: I doubt I need that much cut. But I have to flat iron to see for sure. Maybe next Thursday when I'm off and broke with nothing else to do I'll flat iron and trim. Dont know how I'm going to trim these natural layers though :lol:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Lc

Mbl is still a ways away. Grrr. I will check again in December. Hopefully I retain another couple inches by then.

ForumRunner_20140705_150655.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Jace032000

Lc Mbl is still a ways away. Grrr. I will check again in December. Hopefully I retain another couple inches by then. Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

I know your pain!! I can just taste MBL! Until then after this silk press I've been rocking for a week wears off...it's back in a bun for me! Praying hard for December MBL!

image-2000597169.jpg

NGraceO

I was wondering why everyone was posting picture updates before I looked back and saw it was time! I'll be back to post mine!

GettingKinky

I just ordered Sebastian clear cellophane. I'm going to start using it myself between salon visits. I'm thinking of using it every 4 weeks, but since I go to the salon every 8 weeks I will only have to do it myself every 8 weeks.

I wasn't brave enough to buy the colored cellophane. I know my bathroom would end up a stained mess. I'll let my stylist deal with that.

polished07

I've been so lax since getting ready for my wedding like the last 6 months have flew by! I'm back though I dont know when I'll do an official length check but as soon as I take this weave out I'll be getting braids back to back until October hope all of your hair growing journeys are going well ;-)

Mz.MoMo5235

I dont remember when my lest lc was done but I didnt think it was too long ago. Am I due for an update? I dont even know what length my hair is in all honesty. Maybe I wash it in a bit and then do a quick stretch to see.

I'm going to be honest though, ever since I got sick and gained all this weight I kind of dread taking lc pix. I need to drop this weight now that I'm doing better and get back on my game. Stop being all sloth like and what not

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
ronie I thought I put it in the low density thread. Here is my twist out on stretched hair.

ForumRunner_20140706_222223.jpg

ForumRunner_20140706_222236.jpg

ForumRunner_20140706_222248.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
ronie I think I used Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie for the first one. For the loose one, I used APB Marshmallow cream.

Whit

I took my weave out and I am posting progress pics in all of my subscribed threads. I think I may be full(ish) bra strap at this point. On the left side of each photo: weave take down, wash, condition, flat iron on April 29th. On the right side of each photo- weave takedown, wash, condition, flatiron, and trim on July 7th.

image-712961606.jpg

image-485727867.jpg

I will be right back in a sew in on July 11th :)

Mz.MoMo5235

Froreal3 Girl I love your hair!!!

Whit Wow you made some great progress!!!

I'm still around the same length I was last lc so I'm just going to wait a bit longer to do an update

Mz.MoMo5235

So guys... I just had a huge "DUH MO" moment right now lol.

I was going through my 2011 hair album trying to figure out what happened to my hair. In 2011 I was at one point around the same hair length I am now (slightly longer back then) but my hair looks and feels so much thinner than it was back then.

Then I came across a wet length check and realized that back then I had a blunt cut. So all of my hair was at the one length. Right now I still have not put any scissor to my hair since I buzzed it off, so I have these natural layers going. So even though the back of my head might be close to the same length it was back then, the thickness isnt the same because the rest of my hair is playing catch up.

At least that's what I'm hoping the problem is or I'm chopping it all off again. I really do not like my hair right now. We are not friends at all!!! My hair just seems so, bleh. It reminds me of the same feeling I had while I was growing out my relaxer. Like waves instead of curls. I'm not feeling it at all :'(

ImanAdero

I love the way my scalp feels when I use my leave I spray. I added peppermint oil to it and it's all cool and tingly!

I'm debating on if I'm gonna make an appointment to tighten this weave. It looks fine, but it IS getting looser and it's gotta last another month or so.

PS- I finally figured out why it itches. It's the beards. They run against my scalp and make my head itch. It's not my scalp being dirty or the raids being too tight (anymore). And it's not that my scalp is dry. I Moisturize like every other day I think.

Duchess007

I've trimmed about 1" since my last LC and am right back where I started. Nothing to report. Hope to have some growth by the next one, but I'm planning on doing more trimming, so...

image-907926333.jpg

AyannaDivine

Am I in the wrong challenge? I haven't even made it to BSL yet, meanwhile, y'alls hair is hanging down to your ankles! The struggle :cry:

PureSilver

I did a huge cut over a month ago but i am definitely aiming for BSL my next relaxer. I Kinda seem like i am there already but you never know so i'll keep my fingers crossed.

ImanAdero

Trying to decide if I want to do a year of straight protective styling..:

I can't wait to see where my hair is in a month!