BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

Mz.MoMo5235

I need to do a length check. I'm hovering above bsl I believe. Sticking with my org reggie. Except I did add (just like 2days ago) doo grow thickening something. I feel like my hair has thinned out and I'm not cool with that.

Tderham1314

I had a really petty hair dream. In real life I am planning to get a 1-2 inch trim next week. Also in real life my sisters have hair that is a lot shorter than mine.

In my dream I was visiting my sisters and they were showing me how their hair was just as long as mine. And then I called my stylist to cancel my appointment.

When I woke up I was so relieved to realize that it was just a dream and I can go ahead with my planned trim. How petty am I?

Lol! I thought I was the only one who has hair dreams. Mine are usually of it being super long! Can't wait till it's reality :lick: !

Angelicus

... Time to get even... My left front quadrant grows so slowly. It needs to catch up with the rest. Please grow faster.

NikkiQ

Got brave and bought products for a wash n go. We'll see how that goes and if I'll be kicking myself in the butt for spending money on it.

jprayze

Been doing this kinda messy bun/puff all week and I LOVE it for some reason. So carefree and I can use all my growth aids without worries of reversion or my hair being weighed down (been using liquid gold sulfur in the am and MN at nite). Its been over a week since a wash and my hair and scalp is ready! I want to straighten, but I'm not sure when. My schedule is hectic and it seems to be saving my hair from the heat, just because I don't have time! This year I've been doing 1 a month heat styling so far.

Btw...Senegalese twists are in my future soon...time to hide my hair.

image-444165123.jpg

image-3620119631.jpg

Duchess007

Angelicus, mine is the crown. :-( It's annoying that hair doesn't grow at the same rate in different areas of the scalp!

My crown also has the densest, tightest curls. I have like three curl patterns all over. It's mayhem up there.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ImanAdero

Did a search and destroy...

Saw some splits were mid shaft, but oh well. I'll have my stylist tell me what I should really do about my hair next month.

Put my hair in twists after the search and destroy. Next week I'll use the ApHogee 2 Step to get this breakage in order.

NikkiQ

Wash n go was shaping up to be a complete disaster so I tried to salvage it by putting in flat twists with bantu knots on the end. Should be interesting to take down later.

silenttullip

I'd love to jump in... I haven't been on here in forever but I missed ya'll :)

~Current hair length - BSL V sides a tad pass APL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd - natural
~Goal month - Hoping to get it by Dec 31 FULL BSL and the back MBL
~Current reggie and styling choices - twist outs and braided root twists
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? increasing my moisturizing and sealing and deep conditioning and sticking to my reggie

~Post a beginning picture
2014_03_11_02_00_54.jpg
Taken March 10th 2014

Duchess007

Wash n go was shaping up to be a complete disaster so I tried to salvage it by putting in flat twists with bantu knots on the end. Should be interesting to take down later.

I love that technique (Bantu knots on the end). Works for 2-strand twists as well. Keeps the ends from getting dry and problematic.

Can't wait to see pics!

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
My sides reach BSL but I'm unsure as of the full length of the back of my hair.

I haven't straightened my hair in months but hopefully if majority of my hair is BSL, I don't see how I wouldn't make MBL by Dec '14

Angelicus

I will not cut my hair!
I will not cut my hair!
I will not cut my hair!

I finally (barely) hit BSL but I am not satisfied with the top left quadrant of my hair, it is still stuck at APL. I am resisting to cut everything to the same spot because my hair grows so slowly in that section.

Probably won't be satisfied unless all my hair is waist length. I probably just need to buy a new wig and leave it alone!

Duchess007

I will not cut my hair!
I will not cut my hair!
I will not cut my hair!

I finally (barely) hit BSL but I am not satisfied with the top left quadrant of my hair, it is still stuck at APL. I am resisting to cut everything to the same spot because my hair grows so slowly in that section.

Probably won't be satisfied unless all my hair is waist length. I probably just need to buy a new wig and leave it alone!

Maybe you can blunt cut when your shortest section gets to either BSL or MBL. I think if you cut everything back to APL now you would feel like you lost all your length.

Or maybe cut a quarter inch off your longer layers every 2-3 months or so until it evens out. Really as long as it's healthy, there's no rush. ;-)

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

thinking about waiting for my 2 yr baldiversary to do an update. Flat iron it real good, take a length check pic then get a trim and then length check it again.

I havent cut or trimmed the whole time but I pretty much keep it up. I usually only trim once a year but after the 1st year my ends were still like new. I'm sure now I will need a trim. Just dont know if its long enough to trim my self.

I've also been debating cutting it all together :look:

I primarily wear my hair either in a bun or a wng. And I really liked how my hair looked at this length in a wng

I would love to have a giant Mufasa lions mane but I think my hair is just too fine for that now. So to get the volume I want I think I have to stay short.

I'm torn :'( I need hair guidance! To all those who think your whoa will be over once you hit your hair goal YOU'RE WRONG!!! You will magically create new hair whoa lmfao

Mz.MoMo5235

ps.... I'mma need yall to stop using the term "quadrant" I dont know when this became a lhcf term but you guys are giving me military flash backs :lol:

Duchess007

thinking about waiting for my 2 yr baldiversary to do an update. Flat iron it real good, take a length check pic then get a trim and then length check it again.

I havent cut or trimmed the whole time but I pretty much keep it up. I usually only trim once a year but after the 1st year my ends were still like new. I'm sure now I will need a trim. Just dont know if its long enough to trim my self.

I've also been debating cutting it all together :look:

I primarily wear my hair either in a bun or a wng. And I really liked how my hair looked at this length in a wng

http://s697.photobucket.com/user/neekie5235/media/2013 hair/20130809_211405-1.jpg.html

I would love to have a giant Mufasa lions mane but I think my hair is just too fine for that now. So to get the volume I want I think I have to stay short.

I'm torn :'( I need hair guidance! To all those who think your whoa will be over once you hit your hair goal YOU'RE WRONG!!! You will magically create new hair whoa lmfao

Cutting it all together? Why??? You have GORGEOUS curls. Let them thangs grow! Besides, you can always create volume, but you can't create length.

Tderham1314

Starting inversion this week. I'm really trying to get this inch a month. Right now I'm at about 3/4 an inch per month but I want more lol. I may just take down my hair on Wednesday and do my hair for Good Friday/Easter. Then put it back up May 1 in some Marley twists. Has anyone tried inversion? If so what were the results?

coolsista-paris

i guess i should step out the challenge.

im between cbl and apl with wierd hair.......

i am 20 weeks post virgin relaxer.

i was gonna relax next week but i wont i guess.
im again in a love and hate relationship with my hair.

as ive got fine hair.... its just not looking big enough which is annoying me.
im never satisfied no matter what i do.... it seems like its thinning too (medication)?? i dont know. i low manipulate although i do take hair doNw everyday...

im even thinking of transitionning back to natural and becoming a straight hair natural (like when i was a kid.... that long beautiful full hair) ... :-( wanna cry.

anyway im not relaxing for now because im not sure of what im gonna do.... transition or not.

i just saw my new growth after washing and it made me miss my natural hair..

it was time consuming for me but i dont know... im just so lost and upset of my hair.

coolsista-paris

thinking about waiting for my 2 yr baldiversary to do an update. Flat iron it real good, take a length check pic then get a trim and then length check it again. I havent cut or trimmed the whole time but I pretty much keep it up. I usually only trim once a year but after the 1st year my ends were still like new. I'm sure now I will need a trim. Just dont know if its long enough to trim my self. I've also been debating cutting it all together :look: I primarily wear my hair either in a bun or a wng. And I really liked how my hair looked at this length in a wng http://s697.photobucket.com/user/neekie5235/media/2013 hair/20130809_211405-1.jpg.html I would love to have a giant Mufasa lions mane but I think my hair is just too fine for that now. So to get the volume I want I think I have to stay short. I'm torn :'( I need hair guidance! To all those who think your whoa will be over once you hit your hair goal YOU'RE WRONG!!! You will magically create new hair whoa lmfao

you and your hair are pretty!

it looks nice and healthy

lamaria211

I plan on doing a TU sometime this week. When I do I'll post lc pics. I wish I knew how to wet wrap my hair. Off to YouTube

NikkiQ

Picked up my dye yesterday while at Target. These roots must go bye bye ASAP! Gonna have my best friend dye and flat iron my hair this weekend for Easter. Can't wait to have fresh red for the summer!

Duchess007

Starting inversion this week. I'm really trying to get this inch a month. Right now I'm at about 3/4 an inch per month but I want more lol. I may just take down my hair on Wednesday and do my hair for Good Friday/Easter. Then put it back up May 1 in some Marley twists. Has anyone tried inversion? If so what were the results?

I've done inversion before! It has worked 50% of the time for me (out of two attempts). It's worth a shot. :)

Duchess007

i guess i should step out the challenge.

im between cbl and apl with wierd hair.......

i am 20 weeks post virgin relaxer.

i was gonna relax next week but i wont i guess.
im again in a love and hate relationship with my hair.

as ive got fine hair.... its just not looking big enough which is annoying me.
im never satisfied no matter what i do.... it seems like its thinning too (medication)?? i dont know. i low manipulate although i do take hair doNw everyday...

im even thinking of transitionning back to natural and becoming a straight hair natural (like when i was a kid.... that long beautiful full hair) ... :-( wanna cry.

anyway im not relaxing for now because im not sure of what im gonna do.... transition or not.

i just saw my new growth after washing and it made me miss my natural hair..

it was time consuming for me but i dont know... im just so lost and upset of my hair.

I say stay in the challenge and keep us posted! Why do you take it down every day? Could you try styling for one week at a time instead? Reducing manipulation even further may help.