BSL by Dec 2011

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I been bunning it up since I washed. Tomorrow I am going to do an oil rinse and cowash with Aussie Moist.....prays that it goes well. I just love my hair being wet so if the oil rinse isnt successful I will just go back to my regular ol' CW!

Fhrizzball

I'm checking in--it's been a LOOONNNNGGG time... :look:

I'm pregnant now, so I'm on the ball with taking the prenatal vitamins and I'm going to be doing amla oil with sulfur rinses once or twice a month. I'm going to be wearing twists most of the pregnancy (with my hair only) and redoing them every 2 weeks. For a week in-between redoing the twists, I'll be bunning it up! Also, I've started back/ will continue working out so I'll be cowashing on those days.

I'm about an inch away from BSL...and should be there by late Sept/ early Oct at the latest!!! :grin::grin::grin:

HHG ladies!!!!

sweetpeadee

Is it safe to use sulfur while pregnant? Congrats on your pregnancy!

ms.tatiana

I had to go buy some sulfur 8, because my dandfuff flakes are just too much when my hair is down. I will buy some head and shoulders if this doesn't work I feel like the person on the commerical I can't wear a black shirt or all my flakes will be on it.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I been bunning it up since I washed. Tomorrow I am going to do an oil rinse and cowash with Aussie Moist.....prays that it goes well. I just love my hair being wet so if the oil rinse isnt successful I will just go back to my regular ol' CW!

This went really well so far. I used 1oz of Safflower Oil and 6 pumps of Aussie Moist. I made sure I washed the oil out with hot water before putting on my conditioner. And it felt like butter as I washed the conditoner out :lick:. Will try again nxt week on CW day.

glamazon386

I forgot I was in this challenge. My hair is in a weave. I installed it 2 weeks ago. I plan to take it down in 2 more weeks and do a fresh install for the school year. I have no idea where my progress is right now but I haven't had any set backs either.

chickle

Dropping out of this challenge, major set back from sew in. Happy hair growing to all you ladies, I will be lurking.

ImanAdero

I need a definitive BSL bra lol.

With some bras I'm 3 inches away, with others, I'm only 1 inch away lol

Either way... I don't think I'll be claiming bSL until the end of the year.

Tonight I'm co-washing and I'm gonna TRY to style it, but I doubt I'll have time.

cbanks67

I just had major eye surgery. So, my hair definitely needs some lovin. Trying to figure out what I can do without getting juices all in my eye.

mzsophisticated26

checking in to post my protective style pics. This is a sew in with only an 1/2 inch left out for the part area. I was thinking of going back to using minoval while I have this installed for the next 12 wks since it would be easier to apply.

back shot

right side

left side

ms.tatiana

ImanAdero

I need a definitive BSL bra too :yep:, because now I'm mostly using a shirt with stripes to help see how much hair I've grown.

I'm in a new install a bob, I don't really know how long I plan to keep in. School starts next week so I figure I'll rock this hair for a while.

prettyhair73

I am pretty close to BSL. I've gotten lazy though and need to get back on track. Had my ends trimmed 3 weeks ago for the first time since March. Still on target though.

ezina

Thanks for adding me, IntheMix08!

What's your regimen?

(1)Co-wash 2-3 times a week. (2) Shampoo and DC every 1-2 weeks or when there is considerate buildup. (3) Apply MT/Castor oil mix to scalp. (4) Moisturize hair with homemade whipped Shea butter. (5) Seal hair shaft and ends with coconut oil, EVOO, or whatever carrier oil I can get my hands on. (6) Style as desired or cover hair in silk scarf/bonnet before sleeping. (7) Daily vitamins: Take 10,000 mcg biotin; 1,000 to 2,000 mg garlic, depending on how much I shed; 400 mcg folic acid; b complex

What Products are you using?

I generally keep it simple:

- unrefined Shea butter
- carrot oil
- Castor oil
- EVOO
- Vatika hair oil or coconut oil
- essential oils (rosemary, peppermint, and tea tree)
- Mega Tek
- water

What are you specifically doing to achieve BSL in 2011?

More roller sets and exercise. Also, see regimen.

In what month are you hoping to achieve BSL?

Late February or early March but I'm gunning for the new year (January 1st 2011).

ETA: Well, BSL by the New Year isn't happening! Lol. My new goal month is June. It turned out that I had one section of my hair that was really long and the rest was a little pasy APL. The pic below shows my hair after I cut off the extra long piece and a small trim to put me just at APL. I can no longer feel my hair as efficiently as I used to in the shower when I reach for it from the back.:lachen:

Starting pic

(I also go by the name imab)

Update pics! I took them yesterday (Sunday). I'm 3 months post here. 3 more to go.

EbonyCPrincess

checking in to post my protective style pics. This is a sew in with only an 1/2 inch left out for the part area. I was thinking of going back to using minoval while I have this installed for the next 12 wks since it would be easier to apply.

back shot

right side

left side

This is beautiful...the cut is so precise yet soft if that makes any sense...lol. Some graduated bobs aren't tapered or gradual enough (to me) but this is just right!

ezina

Aw thanks, you guys! Although I've claimed BSL, I'm waiting til the end of the year to be full BSL/MBL (and to also take care of my wispy ends). I'm weaved up now (braids) but consider me still in this challenge!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

back shot

right side

left side

Just beautiful as usual mzsophisticated26, I aint forgot about that U-Part. Im trying to get me some Indian Remy to do it. If I cant get any by the 1st imma just use a good brand of BSS hair. Do you have any recommendations?

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I oil rinsed last night with Safflower oil and CW with Aussie Moist. Been wearing a bun, but I see a wig with cornrows in my near future LOL.