BSL by Dec 2011

afrochique

I am an inch away. Protective styling until the end of the year to make up for slacking in the first half. I may do a length check in 6 weeks' time when I take down my cornrows with extensions.

againstallodds

10 weeks post here. I feel like I've finally got the hang of air drying with out ending up with poofy hair.

Really excited about that.

Can't wait to see how my hair changes, thickness-wise) with less manipulation (I normally roller set my hair).

Not sure when I'm going to relax yet, just riding out this stretch. Since I'm not experiencing breakage or shedding (knock on wood), just going to keep growing.

ms.tatiana

I'm scared to wash my weave because my tracks are so tight but I will do it tonight or tomorrow because my weave has an oily shine and I hate that look.

mzsophisticated26

I will be removing my big cornrows under my wig so I can do my hendigo treatment, dc with joico body luxe this weekend and then back to my wigs. I forgot to post pics in this thread of my new wig I made.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'll less than an inch away! I ordered a steamer, so hopefully I'll be able to retain as much growth as possible while keeping my hair moisturized. This may be the first year that I straighten my hair, so I'm hoping to keep it as healthy as possible.

ImanAdero

So I pulled my hair down just to see what it looks like in a tube bra. I'm definitely only an inch away from the top of it.

I'm also definitely BSB (between shoulder blades) and closer to the bottom of my shoulder blades!

I know I'm gonna need a trim/cut when I get it pressed come fall/winter so I was thinking of buying the split ender to see how it'll help ward off a major cut at the end of the year? I dunno, but it could only help.

Excited about what my hair is doing though. I think my hair really likes the Giovanni leave in direct an I just bought mixed chicks leave in... We'll see what happens and how it goes!

HHG!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Saturday is wash day so Imma wash with Crème of Nature Professional Detangling- Conditioning Shampoo, apply the Nexxus Emergencee, rinse out then DC with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner with some Coconut Oil. While still wet apply my LI's and do my braids for my braid out and keep it moving until Wednesday the nxt DC day!

Date had to be changed to Sunday, so I am doing this session now. I will stay on track with my Wednesday dry DC while bun bunning the other days.....trying to KIS as much as possible.

25Nona

10 weeks post here. I feel like I've finally got the hang of air drying with out ending up with poofy hair.

Really excited about that.

Can't wait to see how my hair changes, thickness-wise) with less manipulation (I normally roller set my hair).

Not sure when I'm going to relax yet, just riding out this stretch. Since I'm not experiencing breakage or shedding (knock on wood), just going to keep growing.

Hi againstallodds question for you, after you air dry what do you do with your hair, meaning do you bun, flat iron?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ScorpioBeauty09

Update: I washed my hair on Thursday but I haven't measured my hair to know if I've retained any of the 2.5 inches I need to be BSL since I took my signature pic. I tried Gariner Fructis Length & Strength as a DC (trying to find a rotation of DCs) so we'll see if it works. I'm getting my hair braided for vacation in about 2 weeks, when I get back I'm going to measure my hair again. I hope I'll have made some progress by then if I haven't already.:grin:

bestblackgirl

I'm on schedule to at least touch bsl by December. My current length as of today is in my siggy.

I am moving next month and I don't know how I'm going to be able to deal. The stylist I thought I would go to over there but after trying her out a few times I don't feel like she really knows what she is doing. she relaxed my hair 2x, and both times she put relaxers all the way to the end. The second time, she was rubbing my scalp with the relaxer. In my head I am thinking "what the hell are you doing?" but I try to avoid confrontation so I didn't say anything, So i will not be going to her anymore.

So I think that I'm going to be forced to stretch for a very long time, and I am so scared that I will get major setback. Any advice ladies??

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Saturday is wash day so Imma wash with Crème of Nature Professional Detangling- Conditioning Shampoo, apply the Nexxus Emergencee, rinse out then DC with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner with some Coconut Oil. While still wet apply my LI's and do my braids for my braid out and keep it moving until Wednesday the nxt DC day!

Did this today.....minus the coconut oil.

ebonyseas

I'm on schedule to at least touch bsl by December. My current length as of today is in my siggy.

I am moving next month and I don't know how I'm going to be able to deal. The stylist I thought I would go to over there but after trying her out a few times I don't feel like she really knows what she is doing. she relaxed my hair 2x, and both times she put relaxers all the way to the end. The second time, she was rubbing my scalp with the relaxer. In my head I am thinking "what the hell are you doing?" but I try to avoid confrontation so I didn't say anything, So i will not be going to her anymore.

So I think that I'm going to be forced to stretch for a very long time, and I am so scared that I will get major setback. Any advice ladies??

Baby your hair and keep up on your protein/moisture treatments to combat the possible damage from overlapping. Since you're shy (like I am) learn how to do your hair yourself. No one will treat your hair as well as you can. Practice with conditioner, watch videos, and look up the relaxer threads on this site until you feel comfortable enough to end your stretch and take the DIY plunge.

bestblackgirl

@bestblackgirl
Low manipulation and high moisture work well for me on my stretches. I always ensure that the new growth is never dry and detangle it well on wash days.

Yea I'm used to stretching to up to 19 weeks or so. But we are talking about like a year. I don't know if I would be able to do it.

I think I will take ebonyseas' advice and practice with conditioner until I can confidently put my own relaxer. If not I guess I will wait until major holidays and come back to where I live now to get my relaxer done.

Last edited:

EbonyCPrincess

Although I'm kind've a slow grower and STILL not BSL....I was looking back at my progress pictures and I couldn't help but be pleased! :yep:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
DCing at the moment using my left over amla and brahmi powder mixed with LeKair.....Its crazy but I look foreward to DC 2x/wk, knowing that its benefiting my hair and hoping that the last 6 months in this year are better than the first.

ezina

I'm pretty certain I'm BSL but ain't claiming it till my next relaxer at the end of august. :D Oh, what an exciting feeling!!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Just cruising and doing my healthy thing with my hair.....I am just really trying to appreciate my hair and not force it to make BSL (I really am though LOL)....LORD let me make BSL by the end of this year :look:

WaistLengthDreams

Today, I washed, DCed and rollerset my hair. Currently sitting under the dryer. I used Elasta QP Design silk for the first time, too. Hopefully, it gives me good results.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Havent been doing much but bunning and DC'ing 2x/wk.....I am trying to stay active on the board to keep me on my stuff. BSL by December here I come!

againstallodds

11 weeks post... idk when I'm going to relax but I'm feeling very happy with the amount of new growth I have.

Cheering everyone on with their BSL goals!
:dance7::bounceline::dance7:

WorkInProgress88

still in yarn braids ... gonna remove em' next week and wear my hair out for about 2wks until i put them back in. Im more motivated than ever to reach this goal.

mzsophisticated26

I am really contemplating getting another weave just so I cant keep my hands out of my head. I rebraid my large cornrows weekly because the ends dont stay intact even when braiding smaller. I wish I knew how to braid properly.