Bringing Aphogee 2min into my regimen

IndianAngel22

I want to bring the Aphogee 2 min into my regimen but I can't decide whether or not I need to deep condition afterward? I don't really know how this conditioner works so fast in 2 minutes supposedly. Ateyaaa just puts this in for 2minutes with no deep conditioning from what I remember, just leave ins. Should Deep conditioning help? I was thinking maybe using the ORS replishing packs with a little extra oil in it after may be good. Any advice?

jreagins

I tend to listen to what my hair needs after using a protien conditioner.. The Joico K-Pak is a mild protien conditioner and it says to leave it on for 5 minutes. When I used it for the first time I just went ahead and followed the directions and I'm glad I did. My hair had started to get kinda hard and tangly. So I followed up with a moisturizing one..... I say for the first use follow the directions.. And i think the ORS RP is protien as well...

MsOmri

Aphogee 2min is a light protein, so you should DC afterward with a moisturizing conditioner. I wouldn't use ORS pack, as its a protein/moisture conditioner and you could end up with protein overload aka breakage.

IndianAngel22

Aphogee 2min is a light protein, so you should DC afterward with a moisturizing conditioner. I wouldn't use ORS pack, as its a protein/moisture conditioner and you could end up with protein overload aka breakage.

any suggestions then? Everytime I ask about moisturizing conditions everyone says ORS replinishing pack... I don't really know any other mositurizing deep conditioners that I can go out and get like that. Like at a local walmart or something?

Last edited:

sqzbly1908

These are my favorite moisturizing DCs -AO HSR , Nexxus Humectress and Kenra MC...I use them all (not at once) after my protein condishes...I mainly use the AO HSR when I have time to sit under the dryer, etc - when I don't have a lot of time I use the other two...

MissNina

Libra Girl
Well, Aphogee 2 min is actually a light to mild protein depending on how your hair handles protein to begin with. My hair kind of laughs at it, so it is light for me. I have found better results when I leave it on for about 5-10 mins with heat. I try to use a moisturizing condish as a rinse after using it.

Im at the point where I know how my hair is supposed to feel after and if it feels a certain way, I skip the rinse and do a moisturizing DC after.

gymfreak336

Maybe, maybe not. You might not have to follow it. Go based on how your hair feels after using it. Sometimes I follow it, sometimes I don't. The product is designed to be a protein reconstuctor with moisturizing and humectant qualities. If your hair feels good after using it, don't follow it.

daydreem2876

carpe diem
I was using it alone than then followed with a deep conditioner, alternating weekly between protein (ORS RP) and moisture (SE Mega Silk) and it was OK. For the last two weeks, I have been adding (about a quarter size) it to my deep conditioner + kemi oyl + 15 min heat = much better results!!! Then again, I have discovered my hair like protein,

Highly Favored8

I use the Apoghee only every 6-8 weeks b/c it is such a strong protien treatment and for me it works. After I use it I use a Suave Vanillia Toasted Sugar Honey" I think that is the name conditioner to make my hair soft afterwards.

IndianAngel22

I was using it alone than then followed with a deep conditioner, alternating weekly between protein (ORS RP) and moisture (SE Mega Silk) and it was OK. For the last two weeks, I have been adding (about a quarter size) it to my deep conditioner + kemi oyl + 15 min heat = much better results!!! Then again, I have discovered my hair like protein,

So you do the Aphogee 2 min first and then Deep condition with ORS RP?

daydreem2876

carpe diem
So you do the Aphogee 2 min first and then Deep condition with ORS RP?

Nope, I add the Aphogee 2min (but just a quarter size amount) to the ORS and then deep condition under the dryer. Separately they were not doing much for me, but together I got better results. The same with the SE deep conditioner. I switch the DC I use every week but add the Aphogee, always.

I would suggest start with a little Aphogee at first. Its not made to be a DC and your hair may not like it that way. For me though, since my hair does not like cholesterol, I like the extra protein boost it gives me.

texasqt

Maybe, maybe not. You might not have to follow it. Go based on how your hair feels after using it. Sometimes I follow it, sometimes I don't. The product is designed to be a protein reconstuctor with moisturizing and humectant qualities. If your hair feels good after using it, don't follow it.

Cosigning this. This was the only thing I used after washing with the Aphogee poo. My hair felt great (soft and detangled) so I didn't follow with a moisturizing DC. May I add that I did leave on for about 30 minutes.

prettylady123

i have just started using the aphoggee protein treatment as well as my hair has been breaking badly. i mixed it with the QRS replenshing pak and sat under heat cap for ~ 1/2 hour watching tv and then rinsed out. blow dried and added light grease and oil spray sheen. very little shedding.

i've changed my daily styling so there is VERY little stress on my hair, co-washing/deep conditioning through the week (any good suggestions for this??)... still need to get areally wide tooth comb for daily combing.

hoping by summer i have a layered bob happening, then maybe will add a row at the bottom for volume and will be very happy if i can acheive that and stop the breakage. mrs. obama watch out!

IndianAngel22

Cosigning this. This was the only thing I used after washing with the Aphogee poo. My hair felt great (soft and detangled) so I didn't follow with a moisturizing DC. May I add that I did leave on for about 30 minutes.

30 minutes? But the bottle says 2 minutes isn't that a little much?

lovinglength

Perfect thread for me. I just purchased the 2min treatment today. Hope we both get excellent results. I'm gonna see how my hair feels and if it feels too rough after the treatment, I will apply some cholesterol and rinse.

texasqt

30 minutes? But the bottle says 2 minutes isn't that a little much?

2 minutes or 5 minutes with heat/cap or something like that is what the bottle says. I use heat (appliances) like a baywatch chick in alaska so I'm sure the 30 minutes were beneficial. So far so good. It is a light protein with some humectants for moisturizing and very rarely does it dry out my hair. I have had my hair dry out when I use the 2 min Aphogee followed by Creme of Nature's Moisturizing conditioner. I think that's because CON has a little bit of protein in it although its moisturizing.