Breakage of hairline from braids

morehairplease

It has been about 6-8 months since I took my braids out and there was breakage around the hairline. While I know that it takes time for hair to grow is there anything that I can do to speed up the process? I have changed my diet(nothing drastic) and currently do not have any major stressors in my life. Also, I have greatly increased my fitness,vitamins and water intake since then. I only wash my hair every 7-8 days and I do the conditioners(both proetin and deep) but not at the same time I never use heat on my hair......what am I doing wrong
confused.gif
? Any and all suggestions will/are greatly appreciated.

Thanks bunches!!!!!

You may want to start doing dailly massages and try using castor oil or surge to regrow the area faster.

hi, thanks for answering my post!! really thanks! may I ask where can I get the surge from I am new here....but I would love to know where I can it? Also, someone mentioned on a post that I just read not to get the hair relaxed bone straight.....is there another way to get it relaxed? If so, I would love to know for my hair has always been relaxed but I never knew that there was 'another' way to get it relaxed other than bone straight.

TB!!

WELCOME TO LHCF TISHEE
wave.gif

You may want to check you local beauty supply store,Walgreens or CVS to see if they sell surge if not you
can order from the surge website.
Check out the advertisment located in the right hand corner
of the hair board on surge.
IF you dont want your relaxer to relax your hair bone straight you do not allow the relaxer to remain on your
hair the recomended time.

Hi,

Thanks so much for answering my post!! May I ask what where you get your vits that are listed at the bottom of your reply? Also, how do you know what vits you need? I was told to take folic acid but have failed to do so but I currently take bition and a multi vit. May I ask what or how I would know what else I should be taken as far as the vits go? When using the castor oil massage it into the hairline twice daily? Lastly, what is the best way to pick out the shampoo and conditioner that ones need for their hair along w/the other products(i.e. protein treatments,deep conditioner,etc..) I wish to thank you again for replying to my post and making me feel welcome on the LHCF discussion board. Thanks bunches

Last edited:
I order my vits from different places I am always looking for a bargin or sale.
I ordered my Biotin, Green Source multi vitamin for Puritan Pride because I dont eat my veggies and these help
I get my Protein Shake Optimum Whey and Delinea from GNC with a gold card to get discount.
The rest of my vitamin I get from the Vitamin Shoppe.
I started my vitamin regimen off slow adding other vit slowly to see if I get any reaction from them.
Some people experience breakouts from biotin,headaches from msm etc.
I experimented with lost of products before finding what worked best for me you know your hair.
My hair loves moisturizing shampoo best and conditioners that make my hair soft.

Hiya labett,

May I ask u some more questions: what is the profectiv that I keep reading about and where can I get it? k-cutters and bone combs what are they? black castor oil what is this used for? Any recs of where to buy any of them would be great. Oh, and the following: Rysell Tropical Coconut conditioner, Tropical Avocado, Tropical Milk & Honey or Tropical Carrot conditioner and where can I get mango butter? Once again, thanks for all of your help.

TIA

Hiya sweetie,

I got it and replied back...tried to reply back yesterday but I could not figure out why it would not let me reply....turns out I wasn't logged in at the time....sorry about that.

Tishee

Good luck Tishee on your hair journey.
This board can addictive and I know you will enjoy it here.
There is lot of info you can find on the search feature to help assist you.
I glad my Hairbuddy Sassygirl helped ya.

Back