BRAND NEW PHOTO ALBUM

luckymonkey1307

I just made one (yes i know im slow) lol

But here are some pictures of styles I wear out and about, and as soon as I get a new digital camera i can take more detailed pictures of my actual hair process...

http://public.fotki.com/luckymonkey1307/

pw: growfast

EDIT:::::: I just updated with new pics of my daily BUN so feel free to check out :)

Last edited:
Well, they look really good!

You pressed hair could pass for relaxed! How often do you press? Do you have problems with heat damage? The last time I really pressed/flat ironed my hair was last Feb....SOOOOOO much work!

Me too! I'm a little jealous, my twists don't ever look that nice. ;)

P.S- I'm even "slower" than you, 'cause I have been in online communities for years now and I STILL don't have an album. :look:

so1913 said:
Well, they look really good!

You pressed hair could pass for relaxed! How often do you press? Do you have problems with heat damage? The last time I really pressed/flat ironed my hair was last Feb....SOOOOOO much work!

thanks!! i actually get the style from my mother who has worn her hair like that for years...

I used to press every two weeks for about a year, but then my hair stayed about the same length for awhile, it would grow but then I would do something stupid like put color in it....but now i press whenever i feel like it. I used to feel like straight hair was right...the ONLY way to go....but im lovin these curly styles that i get with the twists, and i wish i cud show u them now that they have fallen cuz they are BANGIN LOL...

ur right, it does take a lot of work, it takes me a total of about two hours to first use the hot comb and then the clickity clackity curling iron (ol' school), but its worth it, and i can wear it straight for about two weeks. But most people thought my hair was relaxed, and when I told them it was natural, they gaped

Your hair looks great. I like your hair color also.
How long do you wear your twists?
What products do you use when you rod the ends?
What products do you use period?

Happy hair growing!

ftballwidow said:
Your hair looks great. I like your hair color also.
How long do you wear your twists?
What products do you use when you rod the ends?
What products do you use period?

Happy hair growing!

Thank you for the hair color, the front has a few highlights but the rest is natural.

I wear my twists for about three weeks, the first week I tend to wear them straight, the second I roll them very tightly with perm rods, I just use any kind of spray, but I have a ginseng revitalizer i use (tends to give them a soft feel) and I make sure to have ROSEMARY OIL I swear by this stuff....natural hair loves this stuff...

I wash with many different things mostly natural products found at Whole foods...the JASON line, sunflower products...

thanks for the compliment!

luckymonkey1307 said:
Thank you for the hair color, the front has a few highlights but the rest is natural.

I wear my twists for about three weeks, the first week I tend to wear them straight, the second I roll them very tightly with perm rods, I just use any kind of spray, but I have a ginseng revitalizer i use (tends to give them a soft feel) and I make sure to have ROSEMARY OIL I swear by this stuff....natural hair loves this stuff...

I wash with many different things mostly natural products found at Whole foods...the JASON line, sunflower products...

thanks for the compliment!

Can't wait to see your updated photos!

When you mention Rosemary Oil, are you talking about the essential oil? Using it striaight, diluted in a carrier oil, or a mixture of oils that include rosemary?

The exact name and Brand is

Weleda: Rosemary Hair Oil

Bought at Whole foods, its the oil itself

i recommend this oil to anyone and EVERYONE. It makes the hair feel like...i don't even know how to explain, lets jus say AMAZING

luckymonkey1307 said:
thanks!! i actually get the style from my mother who has worn her hair like that for years...

I used to press every two weeks for about a year, but then my hair stayed about the same length for awhile, it would grow but then I would do something stupid like put color in it....but now i press whenever i feel like it. I used to feel like straight hair was right...the ONLY way to go....but im lovin these curly styles that i get with the twists, and i wish i cud show u them now that they have fallen cuz they are BANGIN LOL...

ur right, it does take a lot of work, it takes me a total of about two hours to first use the hot comb and then the clickity clackity curling iron (ol' school), but its worth it, and i can wear it straight for about two weeks. But most people thought my hair was relaxed, and when I told them it was natural, they gaped
For years, I did the old school press and curl (w/ the Kizure curling iron, pressing comb/or flatiron...I'm talking about that HEAVY metal one and the little stove you put it in) but after I discovered the FHI flatiron, I'll NEVER go back...have you ever tried the electric flatirons? I Used believe that if it wasn't pressed HARD, that my hair would revert or not be as straight...but girl....

brownsugar9999 said:
For years, I did the old school press and curl (w/ the Kizure curling iron, pressing comb/or flatiron...I'm talking about that HEAVY metal one and the little stove you put it in) but after I discovered the FHI flatiron, I'll NEVER go back...have you ever tried the electric flatirons? I Used believe that if it wasn't pressed HARD, that my hair would revert or not be as straight...but girl....
hmmm...very interesting...do u think it would straighten my hair the way it is in the pictures? i am veerrryy interested...

luckymonkey1307 said:
hmmm...very interesting...do u think it would straighten my hair the way it is in the pictures? i am veerrryy interested...

I too use a flat iron to straighten my hair. You can see my results in my February 2005 album. I think a really good flat iron could be a good alternative.

luckymonkey1307 said:
Girl..yes!!! Just use Lustrasilk's Hair culture (no more than 4-5 squirts) before blow drying.....Check my fotki....under starting point....that's how straight it gets my hair...and like you...I've been natural (except for the bleaching) ALL of my life
And I'm finicky when I straighten my hair...I don't want any wave, crinkle, spots that look like they've reverted, no heavy weight to the hair....it has to BOUNCE swing and basically move like silk...when I turn my head, it has to SHWANG...not swing, with it. It has to be BONE straiaght, but not thin

Last edited:
brownsugar9999 said:
Girl..yes!!! Just use Lustrasilk's Hair culture (no more than 4-5 squirts) before blow drying.....Check my fotki....under starting point....that's how straight it gets my hair...and like you...I've been natural (except for the bleaching) ALL of my life
And I'm finicky when I straighten my hair...I don't want any wave, crinkle, spots that look like they've reverted, no heavy weight to the hair....it has to BOUNCE swing and basically move like silk...when I turn my head, it has to SHWANG...not swing, with it. It has to be BONE straiaght, but not thin

oooo and i do have the lustrasilk...hmmmwhat kind of flat iron do u have!!!!!????? GIRLLLL

luckymonkey1307 said:
oooo and i do have the lustrasilk...hmmmwhat kind of flat iron do u have!!!!!????? GIRLLLL
HAHAHAHA!!! So you know what I'm talking about when I say the stuff smells like VINEGAR!!!!! I have a really bad PJ habit....so I have 50,000 different flat irons, but as of late my favorite is the FHI 207 1 inch...gets hot enough...But all the work is really in the blowdrying. A few squirts of Lustrasilk on towel dried hair...sit under the dryer for about 15 minutes...blow dry straight with gun dryer...let the FHI do the rest...

Wow, you and your hair are beautiful, love your skin and smile too!

Back