Braidout Bonanza Bombed Bigtime! HELP!!!!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]

Lindy,
have u tried cornrolling yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Peachtree, I haven't!! I'm so lazy, especially after I read where you said that you can get the same results by doing sectioned twists. I've never been able to cornrow; I might be able to do it with two strands, but I just know it will be so hard to do with wet hair!! I'll probably lose a lot of hair attempting that, so I think I'll stick with the other way, for now!!

I'll probably practice for a while on dry hair, then maybe one day graduate to wet!!

sylviaetc

awwwwwww... LOL peachtree, why'd you have to go there! photo! eikkk! i haven't taken a photo in 10 yrs! i'vee got this self imposed phobia going on. *S*S* sorry...
(my boyfriend thinks i'm ridiculous)

sylvia

rosie

Wow Peachtree, your braidout looks great.

I have been wearing braidouts for years, but with dry ends. Thanks for that tip.

I am in betweens extensions now, so I am washing and eep conditioning every other day. In the meantime, I am doing the braidouts. I like them better than the two strand twist b/c, I can get a tighter wave pattern and not worry about my braids loosening up overnight as I do with the twists. I do it in the braiding down pattern instead of the braiding front to back pattern. Works best for me.

I have never really been brave enough to wear my twist out down except in the house. (I don't have nearly the amount of hair you do. (mine is about 10-11 inches at it's longest.) So the hang is not there. Plus, add to that 6 inches of natural hair and you get the picture, mor poof than hang, but I like it. It stretches out my hair without me having to use heat. Usually I take out the braids and pull it back and up at the crown and pin it there with to clear colored combs. I leave some hair loose in the front in an off-centered type of bang, and it works for my job.

Since I have more natural hair that relaxed, I'm thinking of staying natural this time, and this would be the way I would wear my hair most times, because I takes so little effort from me and I just might survive the natural grow out stage - this time.

Again, I ramble.

Great thread ladies.

Oh, and my hubby likes my braid outs too.

KinksnCurlz

Peachtree ~
It worked it worked. My hair looks glossy and wavy. I did the smaller braids in the front, middle part.. altogether 8 braids from top to bottom. The only problem was the i didn't have the sponge rollers
and my mom used the last of the dang olive oil so i was practically breaking the glass open to get some..
..my mom even went so far to say that i look like i have "good" hair... but overall, it turned out very nice and i just wanted 2 say thanks for the tips.

MzRhonda

I printed out the instructions and will attempt this tomorrow night. I have a drs appt in the am can't take a chance of the braid out not working(smile).

Rhonda

Lucia

Peachtree, do you think this technique works for naturals? I might try this when My hair is out and when it's summer.
Advance thanks

Peachtree

Thanks Rosie

Caramelhonee, I'm sooo happy for u
. See, now u have a "stylish" way to keep your hair moisturized
. Remember to care for your ends though... I can't stress this enough...

Mz Rhonda, make sure to report back to let us all know how it goes...

Peachtree

Hey Lucia
Got your email girl, thanks

Sweetheart, I don't see why not? I believe there's others here (if I'm not wrong) who are "naturals" & having good braid out experiences... however, I'm not sure of their hair type (if this makes a difference
). My aunt is natural & she loves braid / twist outs. (I'm still trying to convince her to let me post some pics)... she's 4a/b.

All I can really say is give it a try. If it works then u'll have a stylish new moisturized do. If it doesn't, then try again
. After your 2nd attempt & it's still not working for u, then, luv, scout out other "naturals" here to inquire about their techniques before giving up completely.

soslychic

Re:

Peachtree, when you do twist outs, how do you twist? Do you do flat twists or twists all over head like single braids only twists or what? Ok...that got confusing. But I think you'll understand...

sweetcocoa

Re:

Hi, not Peachtree...but if you look in her Yahoo picture (May) Album you'll see her pictures of how she does flat twists and her twist outs...

MzRhonda

Peachtree - In your April braidout pics does brading that way take care of the front rough looking edges? What style do you wear? To the side or back as in your twist out photos?

Thanks!

Rhonda