Braid Wearers...

koko22

So I am an avid braid wearer. I especially love the look of fresh braids...you know, when you can see the scalp? I wear braids for the convenience of not having to style my hair everyday (I'm a professional artist and I sweat almost everyday) and also because it's a protective style. It also gives me great access to my scalp where I can apply growth aids ie my MN mix. Herein lies my issue...using growth aids grows my hair out quicker making me have to take my braids out sooner. I calculate the money I have spent on hair and getting my briads put in, the time it takes to put them in and the time it takes to remove them so I like to keep my braids in for at least 2 months. Using growth aids I may get 1 1/2months. How do you balance wanting faster growth while maximizing the amount of time in your style? Anybody feel me? For clarification I mainly wear micros...

lucy

koko22 said:
So I am an avid braid wearer. I especially love the look of fresh braids...you know, when you can see the scalp? I wear braids for the convenience of not having to style my hair everyday (I'm a professional artist and I sweat almost everyday) and also because it's a protective style. It also gives me great access to my scalp where I can apply growth aids ie my MN mix. Herein lies my issue...using growth aids grows my hair out quicker making me have to take my braids out sooner. I calculate the money I have spent on hair and getting my briads put in, the time it takes to put them in and the time it takes to remove them so I like to keep my braids in for at least 2 months. Using growth aids I may get 1 1/2months. How do you balance wanting faster growth while maximizing the amount of time in your style? Anybody feel me? For clarification I mainly wear micros...

I feel you, but I don't know how to answer that. I guess you gotta choose what you really want. More growth = more money spent. Only thing I can suggest is to take a break every so often, so you wont be spending as frequently. Otherwise, slow down on the growth aids.

lamaria211

Ide much rather redo my braids more often due to faster growth than be able to keep my style longer with slower growth:)

MsSanz92

That's the exact dilemma I'm having now. I got Senegalese Twists at the end of June and I'm ready to take them out already! They look so grown out already because I've been taking the UltraNourish vitamins from GNC and using a mixture of Minoval, Betty Hutton Hair Pouss Plus, and JBCO on my scalp. I would just take them out and redo them instead of keeping them in longer than they need to be in

JJamiah

Well If I paid for it, my cheap behind would get a different style that is more cost effective and one that has a shorter life span.

Cornrow updo - about a month life span so I can break it down quicker.
:yep: I leave my hair in for three weeks at a time when I wig it. Otherwise my half wigs are weekly styles, my ponytails and buns weekly, Phony pOny weekly. So I basically adjust my styles in time frames and do what I see fit.

MissMusic

I re-do braids every two weeks, so I do not have to do a whole bunch at once. I can get at least 10 weeks out of any install this way.