Braid Out Experts I need your help!

MomofThreeBoys

I did a pretty good braid out yesterday :) and would like to wear it tomorrow without washing my hair again. I know some of you rebraid for Day 2 of the braid out. When you rebraid, do you
1) brush out/comb out the hair before you rebraid?
2) Dampen the hair or completely re-wet hair?

Thanks,

Sweetyb

I don't know if anyone else would have a better answer, but... I just think brushing or wetting will complete a brand new braidout. If you want to keep going with your 1st braidout and your hair is still holding the style somewhat, I would rebraid it like that, somewhat with the same sections you braided in the first place.

Healthb4Length

Usually my braidout last me for 3-4 days without me having to rebraid it and it still looks fresh. What you do is:
1. stand-up
2. bend over in a 90 degree ange from your waist
3. let your hair hang down
4. gently pull on some of your hair
5. put on a satin cap or scarf
6. stand-up and resume doing what you were before, when you wake up your curls should remain bouncy and curly, fluff and go.

If I feel the need to rebraid my hair I use a strenghtener like infusium etc and apply my products and then braid my hair and but straws on the ends or perm rods. I hope this helps, take a look at my braidout style in the members gallery under Alli77.

KAddy

Uh, I am trying to remember what I did.

I think I parted my hair with the back of a rattail comb and combed each section with a WIDE toothed comb from the ends up. Then I put a little castor oil on it and retwisted (you will just re-braid). The next day my results were SUPERB (I have pics in my album from day one and then day 2 when I retwisted).

PS...I see you jumping on the bandwagon.... :lol:

GO PHYTORELAXER!!!!!!!!!!

MomofThreeBoys

Yes Kaddy. I've jumped on bandwagon and ordered my phyto from beautyofasite.coma for $53 :woot: and hope to receive it soon. My sister will be doing it for me. My cousin gets her PHYTO done at a Salon in Miami and it costs $135! Your twist out looks great but I am not sure I can twist going back like a cornrow. I am sure to jack it up.

Alli77, I am a twister and a turner in my sleep. Do you still think the waves will hold?

Pookie25

I don't dampen my hair with water. I just use a moisturizer that has water as the first ingredient and I grab big section of hair and braid it. (without parting with comb)