Boundless Tresses order STILL unreceived

Status
Not open for further replies.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I also think we need to put this in perspective. Thus far, there are only 3 people who have said they did not get their product. The rest of the comments here are from the peanut gallery with no direct dog in this fight.

I only recall the OP who ordered for her mom with a money order who didn't get product. I don't think it matters much. Even if it's one or three or more, the fact remains that SF has not taken any steps to right the wrong especially now that she knows of it. But yeah, we all love a good controversy to grab on and hold our attention. :look:

Geminigirl

And lets not forget how long it's been. Hasn't it been like two months since OP's mom sent her money order off? One person Is one too many to me, I don't play bout my money be it $5 or $50.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

AHeadOfCoils

And lets not forget how long it's been. Hasn't it been like two months since OP's mom sent her money order off? One person Is one too many to me, I don't play bout my money be it $5 or $50.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Girl, it could be 50 cents and I'm raising all types of hell.

Aireen

You've never seen it? I have. Especially the ones w/ longer hair or had a super duper growth spurt and everyone wants to know whats up.

They'll give an answer, but its not a complete answer or they will leave out stuff that you wont find out til several threads later.

Wasn't there controversy over someone stealing the Mo Grow recipe? I wonder how common recipe theft really is around here now.

Never noticed it, maybe I haven't been posting long enough since I didn't lurked before and only got my first subscription in 2010. I also haven't seen update threads recently of people with MBL+ hair lately... :look:

darlingdiva

You've never seen it? I have. Especially the ones w/ longer hair or had a super duper growth spurt and everyone wants to know whats up.

They'll give an answer, but its not a complete answer or they will leave out stuff that you wont find out til several threads later.

Wasn't there controversy over someone stealing the Mo Grow recipe? I wonder how common recipe theft really is around here now.

'Tis true, 'tis true. I remember a thread in which a poster said that she doesn't tell people what she uses or does to her hair because she doesn't want anyone else to have longer hair than she does.

Aireen

'Tis true, 'tis true. I remember a thread in which a poster said that she doesn't tell people what she uses or does to her hair because she doesn't want anyone else to have longer hair than she does.

Then why join a HAIR FORUM?! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I swear there's always a member or a bit of information that surprises me when I start to get too comfortable with y'all.

CityGirlLuv

So from doing some research, it seems she had three names on here: Sparklingflame, Naturallady, and Stillalady.

Edit: one of the old profiles: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=10707, no activity though.[/QUOTE

I think I mentioned the names above?
The Ex Member did have a shop, But could not keep up with the demands of the large amount of orders with her disability. So she professionally closed down the shop and did not rip off a soul. :)

Her products were excellent

Yeah, I just didn't know she was stillalady, but I'm just saying, why three names?

reeko43

I also think we need to put this in perspective. Thus far, there are only 3 people who have said they did not get their product. The rest of the comments here are from the peanut gallery with no direct dog in this fight.

I don't think it matters that people commenting in this thread may not have a direct dog in the fight. This situation could happen to any of us. And, I see no problem responding in support of our fellow board member who has obviously been ripped off. I am quite impressed by the sleuthing ability shown by members.

The problem is not that there are only three people who did not receive what they paid for. The problem, which I don't understand how anyone could overlook this elephant in the room, is that seller is ignoring these customers, while finding time to post here til she got bussted and elswhere.

shelli4018

Unpopular opinion here: if the recipe was shared with everyone then it can't be stolen. It's in the public domain. I'm hoping Natural Lady simply saw a market/product and went for it AFTER Den1 gave it a shot.

I've purchased Boundless Tresses in the past and never had a problem. Furthermore, I've been on LHCF for a while and never knew Natural Lady to be dishonest or shady. Until concrete information is found I can only assume she simply went out of business without notice.

Keen

Unpopular opinion here: if the recipe was shared with everyone then it can't be stolen. It's in the public domain. I'm hoping Natural Lady simply saw a market/product and went for it AFTER Den1 gave it a shot.

I've purchased Boundless Tresses in the past and never had a problem. Furthermore, I've been on LHCF for a while and never knew Natural Lady to be dishonest or shady. Until concrete information is found I can only assume she simply went out of business without notice.

I'm not sure what type of evidence you're waiting for. She cashed out the money order and did not send the product. If she went out of business she should have close down her site or return order money. I think we can reasonably say she is aware of what's being said in here but never logged in to defend herself. At this point, I have to assume she has been shady until proven otherwise.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Well that is 3 too many in my opinion. And I remember last year someone creating a thread similar to this one.....:ohwell: And lets hope none of the non-members who are unable to post got ripped off:nono:

SF got a pass the first time this happened and now its happening again.

I can't thank people from my cell, but I NEEDED to thank you for this one. One person is too many. Dog in the fight or not, people have opinions and are giving suggestions on how to rectify the issue. It's not the peanut gallery's fault that this thread was started. If she were handling her business, this thread (and the other one about this issue) would've never been created and she wouldn't now be outed for what she has done.

Also, I'm willing to bet there's more than 3. I wouldn't be suprised if there are more who hasn't paid 6.50 to share their experience.

Sent from my Samsung Epic :)

Evolving78

@ No, she didn't get her money back. SF cashed her money order and never received her product. other folks were able to get their money back through PayPal.
she has stolen money and was never to be heard of again. she hasn't even shut her website down. that's why this thread is still open

Why is this thread still going? I though the OP got her money back?:ohwell:

Xavier

I'm not sure what type of evidence you're waiting for. She cashed out the money order and did not send the product. If she went out of business she should have close down her site or return order money. I think we can reasonably say she is aware of what's being said in here but never logged in to defend herself. At this point, I have to assume she has been shady until proven otherwise.

:blush:

I can not imagine a thread like this going around about me and just sitting back doing nothing. I would think that an innocent business woman would have responded trying to clear her name and that of her company. Even if she chose to contact the members privately, but clearly she hasn't even attempted that.

reeko43

I agree with your first paragraph. Recipe cannot be stolen. However, this kind of reminds me of when Michael Jackson bought the Beatles catalog after his friend, Paul McCarthy confided to him that he was planning it to buy it. Legal? No. Kinda shady? I think so, especially when you don't bother giving credit. Sometimes there are little signs in the beginning that can point to how the story will end. JMHO though.

Sometimes going out of business cannot be helped. However, if you have the means to post on FB, and other sites, you have the means of shutting your site down and posting a message informing of the situation and that you plan on making good on the orders and/or money. If a person is wrong, they are just wrong. Until concrete information is found, I can only go with the facts.

LittleLuxe

Folks still defending her? I'm surprised...It's not like she's going to post a YouTube Dave Chapelle style vid yucking it up

"I'm RICH off you B's! AAAHAAAHAHAHAH!"

Simple math:
1. Money was collected.
2. Product wasn't sent.
3. NO contact has been made after 2 months.

2 + 2 /= 72 right y'all? :look:

My Friend

How much are we talking? I mean this girls character has been destroyed on many social media outlets. I'm not defending her by any means, just curious how much we know for a fact was stolen.

MizzBrown

How much are we talking? I mean this girls character has been destroyed on many social media outlets. I'm not defending her by any means, just curious how much we know for a fact was stolen.

We don't know for a fact because there are lurkers and there is actually a world that exists outstide of LHCF so we'll never know.

I'm baffled when people are saying its just 2-3 people that were cheated when you can do a google search on her products and Google reaches how many thousands-millions of people per day?

Every person who inquires about BT is NOT a member of this board.

Is there a dollar amount people are looking for to justify this? It's gotta be $600? $6k? If it's just $60, then it's okay?

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men

I have just been lurking in this thread but I just got something to say. What we know for a fact is that someone paid for a product and didnt get it. After trying to contact the seller in many different ways the seller never responded. Seller still posting in ET forum and at least facebook. Seller NEVER responds to members trying to contact her via PM's and Facebook.

How much are we talking? I would guess 500-1500 given the price of her items maybe more. Yeah her character has been destroyed on many social media outlests. So now here is the real question HOW MUCH IS HER CHARACTER WORTH TO HER? If you stole from me and have been outed should I really care about your character and how people preceive you, you didnt care about me and my money.

Humans are interesting animals.

Junebug D

Y'all shocked? :look: I know I wasn't the only person thinking that. :look:

That was probably mean, but I'm sure she's off riding into the sunset with her stolen recipe and stolen money and couldn't care less about what's going on in this thread.

God_Favor

Only 3???? Wow..............

sent from HTC EVO

Hairsoaper

I just want to say I appreciate those members who recognize wrong, and are willing to voice their opinions"dog in the fight" or not. She could have taken advantage of any of us, so just because it wasn't you doesn't mean it couldn't have been you. To let this kind of fraud take place on this forum and sweep it under the rug would be seriously compromising the integrity of this community, and I don't think that's what people want. I ordered a product, I expected to receive it, contacted the owner several times when I didn't, and came back to the place where I first learned of the product again in hopes of getting a response. 3 months later, from the start of all this, I have yet to receive a product our correspondence from her, with EVIDENCE that the money order was cashed. (I don't want three product at this point, just the money back.) I think that this behavior is the definition of a crook, most people recognize a crook when they see one, and can identify with how I feel right now, even if only hypothetically since they don't directly have a "dog in the fight". So thanks!

LadyRaider

I bought a computer once from a company (the family sent their children to the school I taught at) that went out of business before I received the computer. I paid for part of the computer on credit card and part with cash (for some dumb reason!)

I, and I assume a lot of other people, got back the money that was on the credit card, but I never got the cash back. I think that happens a lot. Cash is not safe with these fly-by-night companies.

Jewell

I would advise ppl who are buying products, concoctions, etc. from these YT'ers and other ppl who just pop up overnight with "miracle" growth products to either use PAYPAL, or some other verified form of payment. It is best realized that if you send a money order, check, or cash, you have no way of really getting your money back. Personally, I don't care how big or small the company is. If I'm going to buy, I'm either using a credit card, or Paypal (PP). This way I have some recourse.

Usually, you have recourse using PP, MC, Visa, AMEX, etc. I would NEVER order from a person or site using a money order or cash!! But those who are not familiar with the sheer number of scams both online and over the phone don't realize how foolish that is, and why you are setting yourself up by sending cash and money orders. Even if you don't have a credit card, you can buy a cheap debit card from the gas station (usually cost $5-10 to buy, and maybe $2-4 to load with money). But it can be used over and over; load your money on that, THEN pay online. :yep:

I'd rather have security w. my money than set myself up giving some chick or person my hard-earned cash w.o. really protecting myself. I've worked at a bank for years, and have successfully sold and bought on Ebay since 2003. I've had a PP acct since 2003 and when I say ppl will take your $ and not send the item, it is soooo common. Thank God for PP cuz I myself have had it happen to me, but I got my $ back from PP.

I agree that if she is posting other places, and hasn't made good with the customers who never received product but whose money was taken, then she is guilty until otherwise proven innocent (which in this case would be sending the product, apologizing, or issuing refunds). No HONEST, REPUTABLE business man or woman goes out of business and doesn't tell the customer base.

No HONEST, REPUTABLE person concerned about their reputation and doing well by customers refuses to respond, and takes money without either sending the product or issuing a refund if the product cant be sent or the business is being shut down. It's as simple as that. At this point we have to assume and just state the facts: people have been had by this woman, and will continue to be had unless she gets her ish together, or people wise up and stop buying stuff from her in the 1st place! I would also beware of her coming back in the future under another name and alias, and doing the same thing again.

SMDH this is a h.a.m.

P.S. These ppl and companies, IF they go out of business overnight, can file for bankruptcy protection and DONT HAVE TO PAY PEOPLE BACK. That is the whole point of having recourse through at least a credit card, or PP.

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
^^^I doubt if she ever comes back (even under another name). She's too well known (everyone knows what her hair looks like) and the LHCF Detective Bureau would sniff her out like bloodhounds because no matter how one may try, a person's true posting style will come through. If SF still continued to come here and lurk without contacting the OP, that would disturb me even more than I am now and I'm really disturbed already.

This type of behavior seems like a reason to make the band on LHCF beyond a shadow of a doubt.

These are the risks we open ourselves up to when shopping on the internet
even from members here.

Oh well OP, keep us posted. I say at this point, in addition to filing the necessary claims with the BBB, give this to God. He'll make it right for you one way or the other, retribution for acts of this nature will be extracted.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I bought a computer once from a company (the family sent their children to the school I taught at) that went out of business before I received the computer. I paid for part of the computer on credit card and part with cash (for some dumb reason!)

I, and I assume a lot of other people, got back the money that was on the credit card, but I never got the cash back. I think that happens a lot. Cash is not safe with these fly-by-night companies.

I agree with this here.

Broadly speaking, I bought cabinets from a company via the internet (its a VERY VERY long story). Suffice it to say, altho I received a product, it turned out to be the wrong color among other problems. Bottom line, the company was running a scam...sending cabinets to some people but not others. Thank goodness I paid by credit card because THEY (the card company) refunded every penny altho months had gone past and they had no legal reason to do so. I could have taken the viewpoint of "well, its only a few people and I got my money back." But, I filed complaint with the proper authorities only to find out that there were hundreds of families that lost money. Those who, like me, used a credit card, fortunately got our money back. But those who paid cash, were LUCKY if they got 80 cents on the dollar back. And even then, not everyone got money back because the Attorney General didn't collect enough money to cover the losses. One guy lost $5000 in cash in one swoop PLUS had to still purchase new cabinets to finish his house. There were others along with creditors who lost out.

Never ever assume that because you KNOW of a few people that that is all of the people who lost out. You really don't know until you reach out over the net or thru other methods.

That's the point of my "long post", no one should ever lose money when purchasing a product from a legitimate business. Paying by any means outside recoverable funds (credit card, Paypal) makes the loss even more profound.

Status
Not open for further replies.