"Bone-Straight" Relaxers. Yeah, Nay?

Plenty

I love the ability to comb my hair when it's wet. I am having a hard time keeping up with relaxing my hair the same way with texturizing. When I was young I had major growth with relaxing my hair this way.

Any Objects?

or Success with bone straight relaxers?

TIA

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I never had a problem relaxing my hair bone straight, it never bothered my hair, but some pple hair thrives better when they only relax it 80% or texlaxed. If your hair was in better conditon then, I say give your hair what it may need.

baglady215

I aim for bone straight but never get there. I'd say my hair is like 80-90% relaxed. They say that bone straight hair is more fragile, I guess due to the lack of elasticity. But some peoples hair can handle it.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
This is the first time my hair ever got bone strait with a relaxer and I don't like it. My hair will barely hold a curl now.:eek: I'll be growing this relaxer out and debating on whether I'll be getting a new one.:ohwell:

Lucia

No it satys pretty much straight sometimes a slight wave if your hair was seriously thick and curly.
I vote: NAY worst thing I ever did to my hair, ever.

blueabyss333

I always aim to get my hair bone straight and have never had a problem with it. I like the look and my hair is still thick when it's bone straight.

sylver2

blueabyss333 said:
I always aim to get my hair bone straight and have never had a problem with it. I like the look and my hair is still thick when it's bone straight.

DiTTO!!!!!

Considering I'm going to start self relaxing I doubt it'll get bone straight. I don't need it to get bone straight though. It will help me have a little more body to my hair right after it's been relaxed. Usually I have to wash it again for it to return to looking full. That could be because the stylist would follow up the relaxer with heat making my hair even more straight.

Samaria

My hair is thin :( so I guess my relaxer has no choice but to be thin straight. IT looks like it's thick in those pictures(im soo glad) but my hair is thin. Im sort of scared of what long hair will look like on me.. Not thin I hope!

Tene

DDtexlaxd said:
This is the first time my hair ever got bone strait with a relaxer and I don't like it. My hair will barely hold a curl now.:eek: I'll be growing this relaxer out and debating on whether I'll be getting a new one.:ohwell:

Same here with me

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I did it, but wouldn't do it again. Didn't have any issues, but I like VOLUME. My hair was thick, but unless I cut it short, it didn't look like it.

Ladylynn

I aim for bone straight hair. I don't use any heat what-so-ever now, not even to flat iron the roots. Since I rollerset, my hair has to be straight to dry straight. I have 4b hair and no amount of pulling the roots taut is gonna make my kinks straight when I get to the 5 week mark.

SweetCaramel1

i've relaxed bone straight for years with no problem but i didn't do heat everyday. i'm not bone straight now and my hair seems healthier.