BMP YOU STARTED THIS--Bantu pics

supermodelsonya

I was inspired by BMP's gorgeous Bantu Knot Set yesterday and attempted to try it out. WHat do you think?

Be honest....

and gentle....

I don't have pics of the actual knots because many of you would have lost consciousness from laughing so hard.

I used s curl to moisturize and GF Wonder Waves Spray for a little hold. I used about 12 knots and a little rubber band to hold them together but I didn't wrap the rubber band around twice. DIdn't want to cause too much damage.

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-04-28 at 13.46.jpg
    Photo on 2010-04-28 at 13.46.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 316
  • Photo on 2010-04-28 at 13.52.jpg
    Photo on 2010-04-28 at 13.52.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
SMS, They look great to me :yep: Do you have pics of the knots on your head? I love that look too. Here we go.......

How many knots?
What products did you use?

SMS, They look great to me :yep: Do you have pics of the knots on your head? I love that look too. Here we go.......

How many knots?
What products did you use?

Thanks! I edited the original post to answer your questions. I feel like a fool though. I gotta get used to wearing my hair like this. I'm almost always in a 20 inch weave!

Very pretty! I'm still on the verge of BC'ing but after seeing your thread, I might wait and try this style for a while.

I like it! Very cute. I still want to try this style but do you do it on dry staightened hair or wet hair?

Girl, your hair looks soooooooo nice! I have just about given up a Bantu Knots, my knot outs always look like I have been electrocuted, lol.

Question!? Would it make sense for my bantu knots to have more big hairness (yup i just made it up) if I wore to blow out before bantu knotting???

SMS it looks great. my first bantu knot was a mess.

/\ Actually, I've found doing it on wet hair with some moisturizer gives me the most well defined knot out:yep:

When I do it on dry straightened hair or blown out hair it gives me a loose wavy look.

ETA: If you're bone-laxed....you may want to add a healthy amount of gel so it can have hold.

Last edited:
SMS, your hair looks great!
Mine always turn out a HM but BMP inspired me to try again. I have the knots in as we speak. I'm about to get in the shower and take them out for work. Maybe I will post some pics later on.

I think it came out great! That seems like such a cute and easy style.

I really need to work on my bantu knots, they look crazy on me, I can never get it right.

SMS, your hair looks great!
Mine always turn out a HM but BMP inspired me to try again. I have the knots in as we speak. I'm about to get in the shower and take them out for work. Maybe I will post some pics later on.

I want to see pics!!! I just tried it again but this time using John Frieda's Curl Styling gel to see if they come out more defined. I kept getting so many stares yesterday.

One of my coworkers just said, "Is all that yours? I didn't know you had all of that under that weave!"
:spinning:

I want to see pics!!! I just tried it again but this time using John Frieda's Curl Styling gel to see if they come out more defined. I kept getting so many stares yesterday.

One of my coworkers just said, "Is all that yours? I didn't know you had all of that under that weave!"
:spinning:

How did the John Frieda work out?
LOL at your coworkers not knowing how much hair you had. It feels good to surprise them sometimes. About to take some pictures. Will post in a bit.

^^It worked out pretty good but I'm going to do another set soon with my hair more wet this time. It came out MUCH more defined but I was sleepy...lol

/\ Actually, I've found doing it on wet hair with some moisturizer gives me the most well defined knot out:yep:

When I do it on dry straightened hair or blown out hair it gives me a loose wavy look.

ETA: If you're bone-laxed....you may want to add a healthy amount of gel so it can have hold.

true, very true

sonya, honestly?

that's a d*mn cute bko! i thought on shorter hair the length would shrivel all up, but it's cute!

Back