Blowdrying my hair straight

Samaria

I see all of the women with lovely hair lenghts blow dry their hair straight, they don't flat iron it much. I was wondering if some of you lovely ladies could give me the the instructions on having my hair straight with blowdrying it.. Please thank you!

P.S. what products you use to do so as well (combs,brushes and what not)

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I haven't used a blowdryer on my hair since joining, but i would apply my Nexxus headress leave in cond. and Biosilk therapy serum and use a blowdryer w/a comb attachment. I had a Conair (this thing got sooo hot and I had it since 1994) well I let someone use it and it decided to die on me,:( .

Kha

I used a blowdryer with a wide-tooth comb attachment along with Kenra Straightening Serum. I blow dry in 4 sections and I can get my hair pretty straight with that method.

Samaria

Kha said:
I used a blowdryer with a wide-tooth comb attachment along with Kenra Straightening Serum. I blow dry in 4 sections and I can get my hair pretty straight with that method.

Is this better than flatironing?

Kha

Samaria said:
Is this better than flatironing?

No, not necessarily. It just depends on just how straight you want it. I've never used a flat-iron on my hair--I press instead. Now, I've gotten my mother's hair VERY straight by using a small-tooth dryer attachment after using the wide-tooth. Again, I worked in sections...my mother's hair is relaxed.