Blowdryer for Braidouts and Wash and Go's

angelita842002

I am currently experimenting with wash and gos and braidouts and am loving wearing my hair out. I was getting tired of the bun and was starting to feel :perplexed So my question is I usually cowash 2 to 3xs a week on the weekdays when I work out. If i get home early my hair will be dry in the morning so i dont need a dryer to get it dry. Sometimes i get home late and wash my hair and its still wet when I get up. My braidouts dont look to good then. What kind of blow dryer can I get from Sallys or Walmart to dry my hair a little more for my braidouts and wash and gos?

Also what is a diffuser(dumb question I know)

TIA

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
A diffuser is an attachment that distributes the air from the blowdryer....so the air-flow is not blasting in one direction. I don't think I'm explaining this right but I tried, lol....maybe someone else can help. I think so1913 uses one and did a thread on it. I know it's good to use for wng's because it helps dry the hair w/o blowing it all over the place and frizzing.

Tee

Pokahontas said:
A diffuser is an attachment that distributes the air from the blowdryer....so the air-flow is not blasting in one direction. I don't think I'm explaining this right but I tried, lol....maybe someone else can help. I think so1913 uses one and did a thread on it. I know it's good to use for wng's because it helps dry the hair w/o blowing it all over the place and frizzing.

You did very well explaining. I still have to get a diffuser attachment for my blowdryer. It's great for curls!

LynnieB

gonna be doing this today - no time to wait a day for hair to dry completely. we had family come down here from the north to see the superbowl with us so i couldn't wash like i normally do on the weekend.

i don't use a diffuser but do use that concentrater thingie for braidouts. for wash n go it's probably the only way to ensure you don' t blow your curl formation away.

i use a regular handheld blowdryer, never on hot, but go between medium and cool and dry jeeeeest enough for hair to be mostly dry but still slightly damp.

it takes about 6 hours for hair to completely dry after that instead of 14 or 16.

sareca

I sit under my bonnet dryer for 10 minutes or so before bed. Just long enough to take away most but not all of the moisture.

angelita842002

LynnieB said:
gonna be doing this today - no time to wait a day for hair to dry completely. we had family come down here from the north to see the superbowl with us so i couldn't wash like i normally do on the weekend.

i don't use a diffuser but do use that concentrater thingie for braidouts. for wash n go it's probably the only way to ensure you don' t blow your curl formation away.

i use a regular handheld blowdryer, never on hot, but go between medium and cool and dry jeeeeest enough for hair to be mostly dry but still slightly damp.

it takes about 6 hours for hair to completely dry after that instead of 14 or 16.

Thank You I will try it. Is your hair still in braids when you use the blowdryer?

Miss*Tress

sareca said:
I sit under my bonnet dryer for 10 minutes or so before bed. Just long enough to take away most but not all of the moisture.
I use my bonnet dryer for twist outs too.