Blondie to the Rescue...Neutral Henna

leona2025

My sister bought this intense conditioning treatment called Blondie to the rescue. I want to try it, but I know some henna is bad for relaxed hair. This conditioner Neutral Henna, Lemon Juice extract, and Marigold extract. Do yoy think it's safe for relaxed hair?

The ingredients are:
water, dimethicone, cetearyl alcohol, glycerin, behentrimonium chloride, polydecene, cetyl ethlhexanoate, lawsonia innermis (henna) extract, citrus neduca limonum (lemon) juice, calendula officinalis flower extract, citric acid, hydroxyethylcellulose, ethylhexyl salicylate,panthenol, methylparaben, glyceryl oleate, prophylparaben, fragrance.

LadyD

As far as I know what some people call Neutral Henna is really Cassia Obovata.

Body art Henna and Cassia are safe. You have to make sure it is not mixed with anything. I've never heard of the product you mentioned. I use Cassia and I love it!

leona2025

As far as I know what some people call Neutral Henna is really Cassia Obovata.

Body art Henna and Cassia are safe. You have to make sure it is not mixed with anything. I've never heard of the product you mentioned. I use Cassia and I love it!

How would I know if it had been mixed? This is a conditioner.

LadyD

lawsonia innermis (henna) extract

I don't see Cassia listed as an ingredient, just Henna. Not sure about this one and I don't have relaxed hair. I do know that in my reading I learned that there is really no such thing as neutral henna, although some refer to Cassia as such. If you have dark hair you will notice no color change with cassia but if your hair is blond you will.

Try to keep this bumped and maybe someone with more knowledge on this will come in.:yep:

SugarBaby

You might want to pm, Henna Sooq... sp? She is a member here and a Henna Vendor and she may be able to answer your question.

vkb247

Rosemountainherbs.com sell neutral henna...they use parts of the plant that don't have dye. But I don't understand how neutral henna has anything to do with your question.

I have never heard that henna was bad for relaxed hair. Some henna is bad period because it isn't just henna, it has had things added. Plain old henna, like what is included in this conditioner, isn't harmful at all.

This product is simply a conditioner with henna. I am relaxed and I have used conditioners with henna before. Use it and see how you like it.