bleaching my hair blonde *bites nails* HELP

L.Brown1114

bleaching my hair blonde tomorrow *bites nails* pics coming soon!!

so I am getting my hair blonde possibly tomorrow because he has openings. I have a consultation today so im not sure if hes going to do it all in one sitting or spread it out. I washed my hair and did a protein treatment and did a DC with a shea moisture hair masque. My hair is naked so he can see my true texture. Should I put in my normal leave in and and oil before hand to act as a barrier??

also i will update this post with pics :drunk:

UPDATE: had my consultation and we agreed on a honey blonde. he LOVES my texture, i think he's just tired of doing white girls hair lol. he couldn't stop talking/raving about how he loves people with my hair. we even went on google and looked at possible colors because the original ones showed him,he said it's too yellow for my undertone and my undertone is warm and red.

I'm also going to slather my hair with coconut oil the night before with a plastic cap on, i heard that makes the bleaching not as harsh on your hair and acts as a great moisturizing barrier!

Last edited:
i had my hair honey blonde once...i am trying no to think about getting it done again!!

the only things stopping me are tea/coffee rinses and all the ayurvedic treatments

Ohh I love to see black women with coloured hair! I wish we were able to do it more often. Hope it goes well for you. Looking forward to the update

Can't wait to see pictures. I am a little nervous for you but it's just hair ...right? I'm sure with the proper deep conditioning and treatment it will go off without a hitch. GOOD LUCK!!!

I want to see pictures too. I love color on natural hair, but darn, sometimes the damage it causes, I'm not sure it's worth it. I have some red in the front of my head because of Henna and that's as close to dyeing I'm going to get. I guess with regular conditioning and moisturizing it can work because I've seen naturals who dye do well on Youtube.:afro:

what do tea and coffee rinses do?? thats good! My edges aint going NOWHERE. they are 4B and thickr than anything!

I did green tea rinse the other day.

When I wash again I want to do a black coffee rinse.

My mom used to do nettle tea rinses on our hair when we were young. I will use that tea as well.

I would think product in your hair might interact with what he's using and may change the color into something different from what he desired. I would go in with naked hair and just dc the heck out of it afterward

Back