BKT UPDATE!!!! I Washed my hair!!!!

Dove56

I read on the GlobalKeratin Youtube channel that you can wash after two days so I did and ladies I LOVE the results!!!!

I used Burt Bee's Volumizing Shampoo to washthe BKT out then I moisturized with Eluence Moisture Balance Conditioner. My hair is stick straight. :yep: I mean there's no wave to my hair, which is great because flatiron my hair anyway. :drunk: I towel dried and applied Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin Leave-in, Salerm-21 Leave-in and Chi Silk Insfusion. I sat under the dryer for 12 minutes and my hair is completely dry!!!!!! I am going to take pictures of it and post them after church. :yep:

I wanted to blowdry with the paddle brush but I've had entirely to much manipulation apply the treatment. I still have to flatiron it. So I'll time it and let you all the the temp. :wallbash:

BTW, my hair is so soft and smooth!!!!!!! I just LOVE it! I can detangle my hair and this cuts my styling time down by 90%!!!!!!

girlyprincess23

I'm so happy. I'm waiting on those pics. I am getting this done for my graduation. I love how ladies are loving this. I'm hoping to be able to cut out relaxers all together with this treatment! So excited!!

caribgirl

Girl, I can feel your excitement!!! I'm so happy that BKT is working for you!

Question: You seem to have used all protein-based leave-ins. Is this a requirement for BKT?

hothair

Girl, I can feel your excitement!!! I'm so happy that BKT is working for you!

Question: You seem to have used all protein-based leave-ins. Is this a requirement for BKT?

OP: Congrats welcome to the BKT side, looking forward to your pics.

Caribgirl: NO, with BKT you only need to avoid products with sodium chloride (salt) in them (it strips the treatment off faster), I'm using pretty much all the same stuff I had before HTH

Wanderland

Caribgirl/Hothair:
I'm going through my products and finding that most of my protein or finishing stuff is fine (aphogee green tea, 2 min, chi biosilk, etc) but my poo's and conditioners :nono: is another story, so now I need to find/buy a new poo/condish/leave-in :sad:

Dove56

Hi ladies,

I just updated my Fotki. I included photos of my wet hair after washing and conditioning, photos of my hair after dryer under my bonnet and flatiron pictures.

Honestly, I have to words, I so THRILLED!!!! I flatironed my ENTIRE HEAD in 23 minutes including curling it with my flatiron. BKT is totally worth the $ because of the time you save. For ladies that want bone straight hair but are afraid to relax bone straight, you can just texlax or texturize then BKT! I love it! I will rollerset it next week and include those photos. If anyone has any questions please ask away and I'll try to answer them! :)

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Your hair looks good, but I am not good enough to do this on my own. No stylist around me does BkT.:rolleyes:

Dove56

Your hair looks good, but I am not good enough to do this on my own. No stylist around me does BkT.:rolleyes:

I don't blame you. I don't think Hebrew slaves worked as hard as I did doing my hair..lol. My only motivation was keeping that extra $ in my pocket! :drunk: Plus, I wanted to be able to alter the heat and the number of passes. I didn't want a stylist sneaking and turning that iron up to 450 degrees cause I'm not trying to catch a case..lol!