Bishop Eddie Long Sued for Sexual Coercion

JinaRicci

G. Craige Lewis Blog

Hi everyone, I found this article to be on point. Many will not agree, but its time for us to wake up, fall on our faces before The Lord in repentance, and seek to follow after Him fully.

<<<<<Glad to see you are back Shimmie - you were missed terribly >>>>>>>

Thanks very much for posting. I don't know much about the things he discusses on his blog so this was very enlightening for me. He is right- this isn't just about homosexuality. To me, the larger issue is pedophilia but that's just my perspective.

I pray that the members of New Birth are able to stand firm and be renewed in their faith in God despite of and because of this situation.

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

Thanks very much for posting. I don't know much about the things he discusses on his blog so this was very enlightening for me. He is right- this isn't just about homosexuality. To me, the larger issue is pedophilia but that's just my perspective.
I pray that the members of New Birth are able to stand firm and be renewed in their faith in God despite of and because of this situation.

@ the bolded you hit it on the nail. I'm sick to my stomach even more now. How did Eddie Long get away with impregnating a 17 yr. old girl. :sad: And then paid her to go away and to keep her mouth shut. Right now this lady is grown with his child and she is afraid to speak out. What he did to this 17 yr. old girl is similar to the alleged victims' allegations.

Again, she is afraid to speak out so you may not here this story in the news.

So you may ask - why did I posted this; because I will NOT sit back like others who know the truth and turn a blind eye. This circus of a church that Long created is not of God, period. Woe to those who know the truth and turn a blind eye.

So many innocent souls has been misled, misguided, deceived, betrayed, manipulated, hurt, and mentally / emotionally unstable. Enough is Enough.

joy2day

Have you all seen the Jamal Parris interview? Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic and Sports from FOX 5 News Atlanta - WAGA | myfoxatlanta has secured an exclusive with this young man. I believe he is the fourth plaintiff who filed. All i can say is, this young man is extremely articulate, and the story that he tells sounds very sincere, and it is heart wrenching, so be forewarned.

When I saw Long's "speech" from Sunday AM service, it has been hard for me to continue to give him the benefit of the doubt. He came off guilty to me. And to see the church jumping and shouting at his every word really did something to me on the inside. Do these people not think for themselves at all?

My heart absolutely breaks for the young men of LongFellow Academy and what was done to them. They were seduced and manipulated and they were not grown men when this was done to them, they were mere teenagers looking for a father figure. They found a devil instead.

As for Eddie Long, may God have mercy on his soul.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Have you all seen the Jamal Parris interview? Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic and Sports from FOX 5 News Atlanta - WAGA | myfoxatlanta has secured an exclusive with this young man. I believe he is the fourth plaintiff who filed. All i can say is, this young man is extremely articulate, and the story that he tells sounds very sincere, and it is heart wrenching, so be forewarned.

When I saw Long's "speech" from Sunday AM service, it has been hard for me to continue to give him the benefit of the doubt. He came off guilty to me. And to see the church jumping and shouting at his every word really did something to me on the inside. Do these people not think for themselves at all?

My heart absolutely breaks for the young men of LongFellow Academy and what was done to them. They were seduced and manipulated and they were not grown men when this was done to them, they were mere teenagers looking for a father figure. They found a devil instead.

As for Eddie Long, may God have mercy on his soul.

"Father God... in the Mighty name of Jesus! Please protect this young man's life. For if he was hunted down by the 'hawks' of prey and the hungry foxes of the news media, how much more than a 'hit man' against his precious life, to simply shut him up, to dismiss his testimony!

Lord God! Heavenly Father who is our God above, please secure the life of this precious young man and the others who may be set as prey to harmed in any way; please seal their lives and their protection in the Blood of Jesus.

Surround them with your wall of fire of protection. Let no harm come nigh them, nor any further evil to befall them, allow them not to be set up, nor cast astray.

".... there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, {Mt. 4.6 · Lk. 4.10} to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. ---- Psalm 91:10 -12

Father, strengthen and preserve them as true men. Let not the spirit of homosexuality take root, neither be of their mindset. Set them free from the bondage of being preyed upon, by one who carried that spirit upon them.

Father God, place the fear and the dread of you upon those of the gay agenda who would use this opportunity to set prey upon them to join their team and cause; protect them from those in the gay community who would use this opportunity to court them, whisper to them, seduce them and lead them astray, for it is not your will nor plan nor purpose for them to be a part of the lifestyle of those who are gay; for they are not of them. For Father, God, they belong to YOU!

"..... But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; THOU ART MINE.

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." --- Isaiah 43:1-2

In the Name of Jesus, seal and protect them, for enough damage has been done and it shall not expand it's boundaries.

".... Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

In the name of Jesus, I call them as the 'elect', the very men that you created and designed them to be, let it not be their anatomy that singles out their identity, but let their identity be that of you, for you created and designed us in your express image and nothing less than your best shall be present in the heart and soul and the lifestyles of these men.

Give them the peace in their hearts that you and you, alone, that You shall be their Father, forevermore.

I will be his father, and he shall be MY SON: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:

But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore. --- I Chronicles 17:13-14

In the name of Jesus, remove the poison from their minds of all harm done to them. Please protect any and EVERY other young boy 'unknown' from being set up, and abused in such a manner nor any other that would damage their lives and their spirit, their psyche', their outlook on life.

Set their hearts upon you, precious Father, set their precious hearts upon you and all they have to do is just say your Name, say the Name of Jesus and you are there to deliver them and to protect them as your Word so promises.

"....Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation. ---- Psalm 91:14-16

Father God, in your Precious Name, Jesus, I pray........ Amen and Amen !

----------------

Disclaimer: I'm not implying that a hit may be initiated by Bishop Long against these young men, not at all. :nono: The lives of these young men simply need protection, after seeing this video, I realized just how vulnerable and out in the wide open they are. This child couldn't even go into a store without being hunted down. To me, that's frightening. Quite so, to say the very least. :sad: And there are 'fools' out there, 'pro or anti' Bishop Long who may seek to harm these young men.

Last edited:

sidney

I've refrained from saying anything about this topic, but I must say I am angy-sad-digusted about this whole issue, and my heart really goes out to these young men, bishop longs family, and the church members. As soon as I heard this story, and watched Long's sermon on Sunday, immediatey the word in o Ezekiel 34 came to mind about false shepherds. This whole story just serves as a reminder that the Lord is truly the good Shepherd. So many leaders fall and make themselves fat but the lord will tend his flock. He will judge these leaders and he will judge the sheep as well. I will remain in prayer for those involved.

Ezekiel 34
Shepherds and Sheep
1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel; prophesy and say to them: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Woe to the shepherds of Israel who only take care of themselves! Should not shepherds take care of the flock? 3 You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you do not take care of the flock. 4 You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally. 5 So they were scattered because there was no shepherd, and when they were scattered they became food for all the wild animals. 6 My sheep wandered over all the mountains and on every high hill. They were scattered over the whole earth, and no one searched or looked for them.
7 " 'Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD : 8 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, because my flock lacks a shepherd and so has been plundered and has become food for all the wild animals, and because my shepherds did not search for my flock but cared for themselves rather than for my flock, 9 therefore, O shepherds, hear the word of the LORD : 10 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them.

11 " 'For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. 12 As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness. 13 I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land. 14 I will tend them in a good pasture, and the mountain heights of Israel will be their grazing land. There they will lie down in good grazing land, and there they will feed in a rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. 15 I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign LORD. 16 I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice.

17 " 'As for you, my flock, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will judge between one sheep and another, and between rams and goats. 18 Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet? 19 Must my flock feed on what you have trampled and drink what you have muddied with your feet?

20 " 'Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says to them: See, I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21 Because you shove with flank and shoulder, butting all the weak sheep with your horns until you have driven them away, 22 I will save my flock, and they will no longer be plundered. I will judge between one sheep and another. 23 I will place over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he will tend them; he will tend them and be their shepherd. 24 I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the LORD have spoken.

25 " 'I will make a covenant of peace with them and rid the land of wild beasts so that they may live in the desert and sleep in the forests in safety. 26 I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. [a] I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing. 27 The trees of the field will yield their fruit and the ground will yield its crops; the people will be secure in their land. They will know that I am the LORD, when I break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who enslaved them. 28 They will no longer be plundered by the nations, nor will wild animals devour them. They will live in safety, and no one will make them afraid. 29 I will provide for them a land renowned for its crops, and they will no longer be victims of famine in the land or bear the scorn of the nations. 30 Then they will know that I, the LORD their God, am with them and that they, the house of Israel, are my people, declares the Sovereign LORD. 31 You my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are people, and I am your God, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

Spring

@ the bolded you hit it on the nail. I'm sick to my stomach even more now. How did Eddie Long get away with impregnating a 17 yr. old girl. :sad: And then paid her to go away and to keep her mouth shut. Right now this lady is grown with his child and she is afraid to speak out. What he did to this 17 yr. old girl is similar to the alleged victims' allegations.

Again, she is afraid to speak out so you may not here this story in the news.

So you may ask - why did I posted this; because I will NOT sit back like others who know the truth and turn a blind eye. This circus of a church that Long created is not of God, period. Woe to those who know the truth and turn a blind eye.

So many innocent souls has been misled, misguided, deceived, betrayed, manipulated, hurt, and mentally / emotionally unstable. Enough is Enough.

Pink Pebbles is there a link to the story of the 17 yr old young lady? This story is so heartbreaking....

PinkPebbles

Pink Pebbles is there a link to the story of the 17 yr old young lady? This story is so heartbreaking....

Spring - there is no link to the story. She is afraid to bring it publicly due to fear, ridicule, threats, self-blame, humiliation, and persecution for herself and child. These emotions and feelings are signs of most victims. Only a handful of people know about the situation. Some have encouraged her to come forward but at the moment she still resist.

I originally shared this story to point out the fact there is some validity in the boys allegations. And that some clergymen at New Birth have chosen to turn a blind eye to a lot of immoral things at that church for whatever reason. A lot of situations and tragedies could have been prevented if the deacons and elders would have stepped up and done what they were called to do biblically. And that is to ensure there is some accountability in that church. One man should not be running the show. God is a God of order; therefore, it's safe to say He expects His children to run the house of worship with decency and order.

yodie

I can't believe the media announced Jamal's whereabouts (stated in the video while he was exiting the store). How selfish, inconsiderate and stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if he relocated again.

Mahalialee4

It is not about 'intelligence', it is about 'emotion's and 'hormones' AND THE BINDING OF THEIR WILL. When the psyche has been damaged, and sexual emotions stirred even by someone evil, there are strong soul ties involved. They are taken 'captive' in the wills. The pervert may be doing the deed, but Satan is behind this kind of evil. The pervert is used as the snare and they are unable to 'recover themselves, because they are taken captive (just as the pervert) who starts it, AT HIS (SATAN'S WILL). That is why they do what you cannot understand, or do not handle it the way you would think. The Mind, Will and Emotions are overrode by a spiritual, satanic, force.

KJV with Strong's
2 Timothy 2:26 "And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil who are taken captive by him at his will"

The Prayers need to consider this.
In this case: 1. A father figure 2. Your best friend 3. Your priest/pastor who reminds you that he is the 'shepherd of your SOUL' (you know that Scripture could get dragged in to the equasion) 3. gifts of money and trips......this would equal SPIRITUAL, EMOTIONAL, PHYSICAL SEDUCTION plus: 'spiritual manipulation, transfer of spirits! and the 'no talk' rule, shame, and feeling or 'no way of turning back, because it is done now. Some people's will is eroded and pressed down spiritually to where they no longer can make LOGICAL decisions or FIGHT for themselves.

Mahalialee4

When it comes to Priests and Pastors that are 'PROFESSIONAL PEDOPHILES IN THE PULPIT'

We do not know the state of their "will" or the depth of their need for 'a father figure'. I am sure, that they were not groped and fondled from 'Hello' I am your Pastor....gimme some...! They were GROOOMED.
a PEDOPHILE KNOWS HOW to groom his victims, just like A CON MAN AND A SEDUCER OF WOMEN KNOWS HOW TO 'SEDUCE'. Why do women get 'seduced by lying, sneaking, conniving, selfish men?...The same reason. Are these women stupid...not necessarily...but they may be 'needy, flattered by the 'ATTENTION' AND THE BEGUILING WORDS "I LOVE YOU!...I WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOU!....YOU ARE ...SPECIAL...YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL, just to take their 'nectar- honey'. And women from 21-65 fall for this. Then buddy hits it and runs off with the honey and the money and the next gullible 'honey'.

THEY ALL HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON, THESE MEN. They are 'WOLVES' IN 'SHEEP'S CLOTHING'! They appear as a sheep...not a wolf. If you knew it was a 'wolf, you would flee!' But if you thought it was a SHEEP.... you end up confused, thrown off your guard......and 'destablized'. By the time you realize it is a wolf, you have already BEEN DEVOURED. The soothing voice takes them in.....lulls their 'WILL' TO SLEEP, and at that point they are HYPNOTIZED, AND UNABLE TO RESIST. That hypnotic voice is like a 'date rape drug!' in these cases. How do you think professional hypnotists perform the feats on people in the audience, putting them under?!!!

So what would a 17 year old know when dealing with a PROFESSIONAL PERVERT WHO IS A HIGH PROFILE PASTOR THAT THE WHOLE CONGREGATION IS 'BEDAZZLED' AND MENTALLY AND SPIRITUALLY SEDUCED BY, BELIEVING THAT HE IS ABOVE REPROACH.....IN THAT CHURCH, THE PERVERT IS GOD OR RIGHT NEXT TO IT?

Last edited:

joy2day

FROM THE HUFFINGTON POST: OCTOBER 3, 2010

LITHONIA, Ga. — A megachurch pastor accused of luring four young men into sexual relationships said Sunday that he won't be pulled into a street fight over the allegations and vowed that his faith has been strengthened.

Bishop Eddie Long did not directly mention the accusations to thousands of cheering supporters during services at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in suburban Lithonia. But his remarks seemed directly addressed to his accusers.

"In times of challenge, there are several things that come out. Your faith will be strengthened or weakened," he said, to growing applause. "My faith is being strengthened."

Long told supporters at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church that he is "not going to be pulled into a street fight" and that he doesn't hate anyone. But he directed his listeners to turn to a passage in the Book of Job that read: "Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, and the tent of the wicked will be no more."

As his devoted flock cheered, Long joked that he accidentally led them to the wrong page. "That was the Holy Ghost," he said, flashing a smile as the sanctuary echoed with laughter.

Long's more than hour-long sermon was greeted with thunderous applause and adoration. Several thousand parishioners flocked to the suburban Atlanta complex for the 8 a.m. service, and cars snaked in traffic for miles after it was over.

Long became one of the nation's most powerful church leaders over the past two decades, transforming a suburban Atlanta congregation of 150 into a powerhouse of 25,000 members that includes high-profile athletes, entertainers and politicians.

The bishop is a father of four who has been an outspoken opponent of gay marriage and whose church has counseled gay members to become straight. But the TV preacher's empire was threatened last month when the four men filed a civil lawsuit claiming Long abused his spiritual authority to lure them into a sexual relationship.

Two of the young men say he targeted them after they enrolled in the church's LongFellows Youth Academy, a program that taught teens about sexual, physical and financial discipline. The other two – one of whom attended a satellite church in Charlotte, N.C. – have made similar claims.

The men say they were 17 or 18 when the relationships began. Local and state authorities have declined to investigate because Georgia's age of consent is 16.

Long has not addressed the accusations directly, but promised Sunday that he would not let his legal troubles prevent him or his church from doing its work.

"I ain't going to stop living," he said amid more applause.

I guess I'm speechless. They are still laughing and applauding him at NB, which of course, feeds his ego, and his hubris. "I ain't going to stop living?" That's all you have to say?

Are you guilty or are you innocent?

Wow. Just wow. Keep praying saints.

Last edited:

joy2day

Girl, it is beyond stupid. They are brainwashed. Completely and totally brainwashed. And yes, you are right, this is very scary indeed. And pitifully sad. 'Cause really, whether they (the congregation) realize it or not, they can jump and shout and laugh with this man, while he carries himself and them straight to hell behind him if they are not careful. The current climate in NB has absolutely no time or place for applause, nor laughter, and frankly, I am disgusted to read this account of "church as usual" at NB this morning. He still shows no sign of remorse or humility. None whatsoever.

And again, he ain't come out and said "I didn't do it."

Have mercy God.

Shimmie

Staff member
FROM THE HUFFINGTON POST: OCTOBER 3, 2010

LITHONIA, Ga. — A megachurch pastor accused of luring four young men into sexual relationships said Sunday that he won't be pulled into a street fight over the allegations and vowed that his faith has been strengthened.

Bishop Eddie Long did not directly mention the accusations to thousands of cheering supporters during services at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in suburban Lithonia. But his remarks seemed directly addressed to his accusers.

"In times of challenge, there are several things that come out. Your faith will be strengthened or weakened," he said, to growing applause. "My faith is being strengthened."

Long told supporters at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church that he is "not going to be pulled into a street fight" and that he doesn't hate anyone. But he directed his listeners to turn to a passage in the Book of Job that read: "Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, and the tent of the wicked will be no more."

As his devoted flock cheered, Long joked that he accidentally led them to the wrong page. "That was the Holy Ghost," he said, flashing a smile as the sanctuary echoed with laughter.

Long's more than hour-long sermon was greeted with thunderous applause and adoration. Several thousand parishioners flocked to the suburban Atlanta complex for the 8 a.m. service, and cars snaked in traffic for miles after it was over.

Long became one of the nation's most powerful church leaders over the past two decades, transforming a suburban Atlanta congregation of 150 into a powerhouse of 25,000 members that includes high-profile athletes, entertainers and politicians.

The bishop is a father of four who has been an outspoken opponent of gay marriage and whose church has counseled gay members to become straight. But the TV preacher's empire was threatened last month when the four men filed a civil lawsuit claiming Long abused his spiritual authority to lure them into a sexual relationship.

Two of the young men say he targeted them after they enrolled in the church's LongFellows Youth Academy, a program that taught teens about sexual, physical and financial discipline. The other two – one of whom attended a satellite church in Charlotte, N.C. – have made similar claims.

The men say they were 17 or 18 when the relationships began. Local and state authorities have declined to investigate because Georgia's age of consent is 16.

Long has not addressed the accusations directly, but promised Sunday that he would not let his legal troubles prevent him or his church from doing its work.
"I ain't going to stop living," he said amid more applause.

I guess I'm speechless. They are still laughing and applauding him at NB, which of course, feeds his ego, and his hubris. "I ain't going to stop living?" That's all you have to say?

Are you guilty or are you innocent?

Wow. Just wow. Keep praying saints.

".... for there is nothing hid, that shall be manifested; neither is there anything kept secret but that it should come abroad..." (Mark 4:22)

Honorable Lord God, in this and all, please make haste, not another moment be allowed to waste. In Jesus' Name, thank you, Amen and Amen.

Thanks Joy2day for sharing this 'here'.... :Rose:

8HoursFromHome

So does this mean that he will continue to groom young men for his pleasure? I'm not trying to be funny. It sounds like he is directly mocking his followers...

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I can't believe he spoke to the media without his attorney present, can't believe he spoke at all... FOX ? That wasn't an exclusive interview; it was accuser being hounded and hoodwinked by the media, or dare I say 'coerced'?

Shimmie's prayer for him was on point.. fear was in his eyes when the reporter had approached him. He seemed confused and bewildered and they fed on his anger...

Please keep these young men lifted up in prayer...

I can't believe the media announced Jamal's whereabouts (stated in the video while he was exiting the store). How selfish, inconsiderate and stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if he relocated again.

joy2day

^^Laela, I am the one that posted the link to Jamal Parris' interview, and while I understand where you are coming from, I only used the term "exclusive" to indicate that Jamal did talk to that media outlet. I realized that they caught him totally off guard, but we in turn got to hear his voice and his pain. Which for me, makes Long's actions ever since that much more suspect and sickening.

Jamal does appear to be deeply hurting. When he turned to the camera to speak directly to it, the look in his eyes; I can't get his image out of my head.

Laela

It's really sad to see how Christians all over are treating other Christians in light of this case.

Now, mega churches, mega pastors and Christians who choose to attend those churches are "the enemy" to some Christians. If there are any New Birth members reading this board, my prayers are with you as you develop through the fire. You will make it through. I don't care to judge a situation on pure conjecture. I don't expect nor desire the worse for you or your pastor, for it profits me nothing to desire ill for others.

We all know who the true Shepard is for those who are living right.... and it's no mere mortal. The Sheep knows and hears His Voice. You all are lifted up in prayer and know that with all that negative nonsense fueling the attack on your church, remember there ARE other brothers and sisters in Christ in other churches who are lifting you up in prayer, who want God's best for you and who are patiently waiting with you for the Truth to be revealed. All else is pure idle talk, that is being recorded in Heaven for the day of Judgment.

I choose to speak life to your situation. Remember, there are more with you, than against you, no matter what it looks like!

2 Kings 6:16
And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
:rosebud:

Shimmie

Staff member
I can't believe he spoke to the media without his attorney present, can't believe he spoke at all... FOX ? That wasn't an exclusive interview; it was accuser being hounded and hoodwinked by the media, or dare I say 'coerced'?

Shimmie's prayer for him was on point.. fear was in his eyes when the reporter had approached him. He seemed confused and bewildered and they fed on his anger...

Please keep these young men lifted up in prayer...

^^Laela, I am the one that posted the link to Jamal Parris' interview, and while I understand where you are coming from, I only used the term "exclusive" to indicate that Jamal did talk to that media outlet. I realized that they caught him totally off guard, but we in turn got to hear his voice and his pain. Which for me, makes Long's actions ever since that much more suspect and sickening.

Jamal does appear to be deeply hurting. When he turned to the camera to speak directly to it, the look in his eyes; I can't get his image out of my head.

I'm so scared for these young men. I don't see 'maliciousness' in their faces or demanor. For Heaven's sake, this 'child' was totally caught off-guard just going to a convenience store. I can't imagine how his life is with others who will recognize him and harrass him, threaten him, or even taunt him.

I feel badly for New Birth members who are being hounded for 'answers' and also being ridiculed and laughed at for being a member there. I feel badly for everyone. So many cruel and unfair things have been posted about this situation.

Even if Bishop Long is proven guilty, I feel that a lot of what I've seen posted online has gone just too far. There are some websites which need to chill, big time.

God have mercy and protect them all.

Shimmie

Staff member
It's really sad to see how Christians all over are treating other Christians in light of this case.

Now, mega churches, mega pastors and Christians who choose to attend those churches are "the enemy" to some Christians. If there are any New Birth members reading this board, my prayers are with you as you develop through the fire. You will make it through. I don't care to judge a situation on pure conjecture. I don't expect nor desire the worse for you or your pastor, for it profits me nothing to desire ill for others.

We all know who the true Shepard is for those who are living right.... and it's no mere mortal. The Sheep knows and hears His Voice. You all are lifted up in prayer and know that with all that negative nonsense fueling the attack on your church, remember there ARE other brothers and sisters in Christ in other churches who are lifting you up in prayer, who want God's best for you and who are patiently waiting with you for the Truth to be revealed. All else is pure idle talk, that is being recorded in Heaven for the day of Judgment.

I choose to speak life to your situation. Remember, there are more with you, than against you, no matter what it looks like!

And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

Thank you, Laela. I have to be 'mindful' of what I say, how I say it and to whom. For in my 'haste' of emotions, I do not wish to hurt anyone. I truly do not.

I appreciate this Word of awareness. For me, it was needed.

Love and blessings, :Rose:

joy2day

Hopefully, my comments are not taken in offense, and yet, I do see where many Christians have gone way too far in their opinion and commentary on this scandal. But my question is, are people really "judging this situation purely on conjecture"? I am not sure how I feel about that statement, and this is no offense to you Laela, I just feel like there is enough "evidence" that has been exposed to indicate to us as a Body, that something is amiss. Now, exactly what that is, we do not know yet.

Did someone here speak death to NB? Are you referring to my comment on the Sunday service yesterday? I think we have done a good job on this board of keeping it real. And honestly, I think my comment kept it real. These are treacherous times, and no one should ever say that they were without warning.

I submit all that I have said here in Christian fellowship and love.

Shimmie

Staff member
Hopefully, my comments are not taken in offense, and yet, I do see where many Christians have gone way too far in their opinion and commentary on this scandal. But my question is, are people really "judging this situation purely on conjecture"? I am not sure how I feel about that statement, and this is no offense to you Laela, I just feel like there is enough "evidence" that has been exposed to indicate to us as a Body, that something is amiss. Now, exactly what that is, we do not know yet.

Did someone here speak death to NB? Are you referring to my comment on the Sunday service yesterday? I think we have done a good job on this board of keeping it real. And honestly, I think my comment kept it real. These are treacherous times, and no one should ever say that they were without warning.

I submit all that I have said here in Christian fellowship and love.

It's not your posts, Joy. I think Laela is referring to 'other' mentions.

I'm about to say something quite rare for 'Shimmie', so please do not 'faint' :thud: when I say this premise to my comment.

Okay, here goes.... "IN MY OPINION" ... MY HUMBLE Opinion... " (Whew, that was hard for me to say... :look: (Hope no one fainted).

Anyway, in my 'humble' opinion, I do feel that Christians should not be interacting their feelings with those outside of our faith, namely those who are highly critical and disrepsectful to Chrisitanity and are using this situaation to speak disrespect towards our faith even more, simply to justify their negative attitudes. It's like playing 'both' sides of the fence.

That's just my humble opinion.

However..........

Heh, heh.... :scratchch:

I have scriptural license to back it up.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

My IMHO is not so IMHO afterall. ;)

I'm just sayin' .... folks are trippin'. I mean who's cheese does one have to bite when you know you have Jesus to back you up, no matter what. Folks at work scared to speak up and to tell folks to shut up... and so on, even in forums, facebook and such.

I'm not joining in with the 'world' to share my comments about Church issues. They can't advise me neither pray for me, nor would they care to. There are some really nasty things being said and done about the Body of Christ, and I expect it when situations like this arise. However, it's imperative to guard not only what we speak, but to whom.

It is written.... :yep:

Not my HMO... :look:

:kiss: I love you all, so forgive me for being who I am ...

Last edited:

Laela

^^ Joy2day,

I personally am not off-ended; but I sometimes tend to put myself in someone else shoes to emphasize. If my church was going through something like this, it would bother me to see that other Christian think my entire congregation is 'beyond stupid' and 'brainwashed'. With all due respect, that is not Love talk, since we don't know where all these 25,000 souls are with God. I've posted something on sheep behavior in Random Christian Thoughts that speak to this. This is not about offense, but about about Christians having no compassion for other members of the Body of Christ in crisis, particularly this congregation.

I truly respect your opinion, but if they choose to stay loyal to their pastor, whether or not you or anyone feel he is guilty, they are entitled. Perhaps this will indeed help shake things up and get some folks in that church back on the right track with their Walk. Or if any have him as an idol, they'd turn away. That's a good thing.

A mega church grows because people are coming to Christ; if 10% are living wrong, that doesn't mean the whole church is going to hell on a speedboat. Everything is relative and that 10% could also be in a small congregation of 100! So I really don't get this anti-megachurch talk.

The most important thing is that we all are right with the Most High and our fragrance are a sweet savor to His nostrils...

joy2day

The comment that I made spoke to the people in the congregation that can jump and shout and applaud Long at a time like this. My thoughts, quite frankly, are with the young men who have brought these allegations. They are not jumping, shouting and clapping their hands right now. And they are not finding anything funny either.

Even if the allegation were to be proven "not true," it is my stand that the congregation that was in attendance on October 3, 2010, could have been of a more sober presence in the sanctuary. From what I read, they weren't even shouting off of the Word of God, just merely reacting to quick wit provided by Long. And still, no compassion for the young men, nothing but "veiled, coded words toward them."

Well, I stand by what I said because following a pastor blindly is real, being brainwashed is real. Not holding your pastor to accountability is real. And unfortunately, making a pastor out to be your "god' who will "take you to hell if you are not careful," is real. I can not and do not condemn 25,000 members, and my comments were not made toward an entire 25,000 member congregation. I made comments specifically to the account given of those persons present at the service yesterday. How is making that statement condemnation?

I respect your comments. We will agree to see this differently.

Last edited:

sidney

Laela, I think your heart is very sincere on this issue and thank you for what you said. I can see how some of the opinions come off as condemnation on NB & Bishop Long. But I think many people here have been moved by the testimony of the boys and respond out of defense for these 4 boys who are facing 25,000 cheering church members along with Long who continues to use is sermons as a platform for his case. I don’t believe everyone’s opinions are only conjecture, I have discerned somethings that I found "off-putting" about the case and also things he has said in both sermons. Sometimes you can hear much more than was said, if you know what I mean. I know this issue is dividing many Christians but I pray it does not divide the CF. May we judge each other’s opinions only and not each other. I hope we all can continue to be honest about what we think, and correct eachother in love if need be.

Mahalialee4

I Agree. Weeping, Wailing, Sackcloth and Ashes, are what is in order here at this time, at that church.
Not a party atmosphere!...not 'sober people' but rather .....responding to 'veiled jokes, wit and condemnation on the victims....like the old time 'lynching parties!"....There is something VERY WRONG GOING ON THERE.

not one word of 'sober Godly concern' but 'veiled threats and innuendoes and implications "that GOD IS GOING TO GET THEM!"...MOCKERY of their pain....these are some of the people of 'HIS FLOCK!" ...so where is the Shepherd's heart? Where is the "love for the body?" It would seem that the example would be set by Bishop Long.

Joel 2:17 "Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?"

THE EYES OF THE WORLD ARE ON THIS CASE? and this is what they see? a party going on in the 'house'...and 'flippant' leaders, and a 'congregation in denial putting on a bold face', and partying while the boys are 'left naked and bleeding' before the whole world?

Something very wrong with the attitude and spirit there.

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

I agree. I would not be 'debating this with 'the world'. Many would like to see 'ALLbelievers' removed from the face of the earth.