Biotin/MSM, facial hair and home waxing kits...

kytrona

Is there anyone who got a lot of facial hair from taking biotin or MSM? How did you get rid of it? And if you used a waxing kit, exactly how painful is it?

kytrona

bump

miss_brown

Honestly, I have not noticed any extra facial hair (i.e. moustache, etc), but my hair line does seem to be expanding. You might want to do a search on the Skin care board or a post there re facial hair removal. HTH

AFashionSlave

I now have facial hair do to MSM and Biotin. I never had any until I started taking supplements. I have to edge up my beard every few days.

I also had to give up my acrylic nails. They were growing too fast and I had to get a fill almost every week.

I have no idea how to stop the hairiness. I use the tweezers.

It sucks! Vitamins are great for my overall health, but now I look like Chewbacca.

LuLu

Re: Biotin/MSM, facial hair and home waxing kits..

I would recommend nair on the facial hair, I tried one of those home waxing kits...it hurt like hell just like at the salon but the hair was still there......no way!!!

karezone

Sally Hansens Facial Hair remover, tweezers for the eyebrows, more razors for the legs and I keep my electric trimmer charged so I can get all those other hairy places.

kytrona

Miss Brown: You're so lucky...even GNC Ultranourishair made me develop a few hairs on my chin, and made my lip hair more prominent...

AFashionSlave: I used the tweezers too but it was like slow torture (took me a couple of days to tweeze everything) so I was looking for an easier way, since I'm thinking of taking biotin and MSM...

Lulu: I feel you...the hair just has to disappear after all that pain...did you try the Nair, and how did that work?

Karezone: Are you talking about the depilatory or the wax kit?

Is it true that using depilatory creams on face hair causes irritation?

soulchild

So you get extra facial hair from MSM too?
I thought it was just biotin.

Isis

I noticed my eyebrow hair is coming in faster than usual, and my leg hair since I started with MSM and Biotin. That's why I reduced my dosage to 1000 mg /day of each. But I'm still hairier so that means the 1000 mg is having an effect. Thank goodness my "other" hair isn't growing faster and longer too!

Super_Hero_Girl

I've been taking vitamins for about a month now and haven't seen much growth anywhere. I'm not sure if it's even working, but I'm scared now that I'm going to get some growth spurts in some of the wrong places.

Vitality

I have had facial hair for the last 5 years and I am ALWAYS waxing and tweezing. Therefore, I have not noticed an increased growth of facial hair since taking Biotin, HOWEVER the hair on my head is growing wild

cabogirl

[ QUOTE ]
So you get extra facial hair from MSM too? I thought it was just biotin.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too!
I have not noticed much growth anywhere.
But now i'm not even sure I want to increase my MSM dosage...

sillygurl18

y'all got me scared.
I already have hair on my chin and get this my neck!!!! I hate it I tweeze it whenever I see them. I'm only 18!! I haven't started taking Biotin and MSM yet and now I"m afraid. Maybe I'll lower my planned dosage.

karezone

deplitory, I now have a mustache and couple of neck hairs.

Isis

We are morphing into furry people with long, healthy beautiful hair!