Biotin and Menstrual cycle...

Amber_moon

Um..... does biotin screw with your cycle???? I'm into my 3rd day of no period... and I'm a little worried. I took a Pregnancy test and its negative so I know its not that, and Im usually VERY regular.

The only new thing Ive been doing is drinking alot of water and taking biotin and a multi-v.

So could it be the biotin?

I just want to know before I get all worried and rush myself to the GYN.

Hi, i would still say go to your gyno,, but with msm i had a period late by 5 days and other symptoms and some ladies have had menstrual symptoms from vitamins...

Nella

Intersting subject. I was just thinking about this the other day. However, I did come on but, my period was much shorter. Now if anything that was a great side effect. There was very mild cramps and I felt fine.

Now on the other hand when I was using MSM I had skipped a month and came on but, with very bad cramps and heavy bleeding. I stopped using that it had me worried to death. So, biotin works better for me all around.

Ms.Joi

Um..... does biotin screw with your cycle???? I'm into my 3rd day of no period... and I'm a little worried. I took a Pregnancy test and its negative so I know its not that, and Im usually VERY regular.

The only new thing Ive been doing is drinking alot of water and taking biotin and a multi-v.

So could it be the biotin?

I just want to know before I get all worried and rush myself to the GYN.

It did alter mine. I wasn't as heavy and started earlier :perplexed. I saw changes with MSM too.

dillard

yup, biotin altered mine. i used to be every 25 days like clockwork. now i'm every 23 days :( it's only been 2 months though so i don't know if it will go back to normal or what. it's also shorter, heavier and less painful...

Britt

I take Biotin and it doesn't mess with my cycle...
I also take MSM, and the only thing I notice is that my breast tenderness has seem to dissappear, and I don't get as much cramps.

Still see no difference in my hair or nails from taking these vits though :ohwell:. I will continue to take both until my supply is finished.

nysister

I've been taking Bioton for about 6 weeks now, and MSM for about 3. It seems this is happening to me. (Late period) Any updates to this? Is this happening to any one else of late?

adw425

I started taking MSM in 2000 and biotin in 2006. I just started taking MSM and biotin again regularly after a couple years of taking it very sporadically and, although my body has adjusted now, I had PMS for like a month (before and after my cycle) and my cycle came 11 days early. I credit that to not starting with 1000 milligrams of each daily and working my way up to 5000 milligrams of biotin and 3000 of MSM. I just jumped back in feet first and my body reacted.

Last edited: