Biggest Mistakes Since Visiting the Hair Boards

Pumpkin

I thought about this several times and thought it would be a good idea to mention the mistakes we've made since becoming educated about our hair and joining the hair boards. I am talking about things we've done that have set us a few steps since we've conscientiously began taking care of our hair (aka began our hair obsessions /images/graemlins/wink.gif I think doing this would help all of us to avoid making the same mistakes and prevent history from repeating itself. Personally, I have noticed that sometimes when others post a mishap, I am prone to the same negative results because I do the same things. This would help to eliminate many future mistakes. So here are mine:

Waiting too long in between washes (every week)
Too many protein deep conditioners and not enough moisurizing ones, leaving me with hard hair.
Too many ponytails that have thinned my hairline
Not paying attention to my hairline
Using broken hair pins
Not speaking up to hair stylists
Not moisturizing my dry scalp
Brushing, combing and playing with my hair too much

These are the mistakes that I have made since joining the boards that have damaged/hurt my hair in some way or form and the reasons I did not reach my hair goal as soon as I should have.

Dionne

Being to shy to speak up to stylist and too embarrassed to look into other hair salons that have gotten good reviews. I just feel so stupid making an appointment(I need to grow up).

beana3

i'll add to this post because since last month i've made "concious" mistakes (an oxymoron... i know /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

blow drying to get my hair to look straight (when my bf comes from college, special dinners, things like that)
jumping on almost every product wagon onm these boards.. this has caused me much trouble!!!!.. I'm glad i've found a regime that works and i've been sticking to it for the past 1 1/2 months
waiting too ,ong in between relaxers.. this has harmed my hair greatly.. breakage, breakage, breakage
Not speaking up for my self at salons uised to be a problem, but since i've obliterated that whole thing, i feel better