Big Heads and BaByliss Pro Thermal Ionic Rollabout Dryer

caltron

I have been researching hooded dryers and the Babyliss dryers seem to get great reviews. However, when I went on Sally's online, some people were saying that the dryer isn't big enough for women with big heads.

I have a huge head and can only wear XL hats. I am new to rollersetting so I don't know what size rollers I would use, but I have hair that is between SL and APL.

Do you think the Babyliss dryer would work for me or is there a comparable brand that might work better?

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Likely no. My head is big and my hair is very thick so I use a lot of rollers. My head does not fit in that dryer so it takes FOREVER. I'm glad I was able to try it before buying one.

caltron

Likely no. My head is big and my hair is very thick so I use a lot of rollers. My head does not fit in that dryer so it takes FOREVER. I'm glad I was able to try it before buying one.

Shoot. I guess it's back to the drawing board. Any recs for other brands that are reasonably priced?

back2relaxed

I bought my Conair dryer on wheels from Sally's for about 120.00. It is large enough for my big head w/rollers...I love it.

Leesh

I am cursed with "Huge Dome-Itis" and It takes me forever and a day to dry, cause I have to remove the top rollers once they're dry, then my "Big Monster Head" will fit up inside to dry the sides and back.

Last edited:

Your Cheeziness

I've had the Pibbs 512 and the knock off found here: http://lclbeauty.com/proddetail.php?prod=PRO-1028

The both fit my big head with grey rollers. The knock off is for $129 right now. I've had mine for about 3 years and it doesn't get as hot anymore so it takes a bit longer to dry. But it's been shipped all over the world a few times, too. Overall it's a great value and it still does the job...and fits my noggin.

caltron

Thanks ladies! I'll definitely check out the ConAir and LCL Beauty models. I'm happy there are other options that are more budget friendly than the Pibbs and can fit big heads!