Bibles vs. Cell Phones

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Cell Phone vs. Bible

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our
cell phones...

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets...
What if we turned back to go get it if we for got it...
What if we flipped through it several times a day...
What if we used it to receive messages from the text...
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it...
What if we gave it to kids as gifts...
What if we used it as we traveled...
What if we used it in case of an emergency...
What if we upgraded it to get the latest version...

I was thinking on my way home, got touch by the spirit, so I wrote this
so you can hear it. It's just something to think about...

Something to make you say "hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." and "where is my Bible?"

Anonymous

MrsQueeny

If I used my Bible like my cellphone, I would be in trouble.
I barely use it, most of the time don't know where it is. Plus I rarely take it with me when I go out which drives my Dh crazy. Now my bible, I keep one in my van I have it on CD in my car, I have one in my bedroom, family room, livingroom, and guest room and it is used everyday. Plus I NEVER go out of town without it. My kids even have 3. Each is a little more advance than the other because of their ages and we read to them nightly. But I do know people who are just like the poem and if they spent as much time in the word like they do the phone... Q

Denim And Leather

Poohbear said:
Cell Phone vs. Bible

cell phones...

Anonymous

There wouldn't be so much hurt in the world, people would be kind and loving to one another, there would be more unity in our country, less murders, rapes, sexual immorality, etc., etc....I could go on!

Whoever wrote this made a great observation! :)

TrustMeLove

Poohbear said:
Cell Phone vs. Bible

cell phones...

Anonymous

Great Post! And actually I do all of the above already. I flip through it less than I flip my cell phone open though. Just depends on the day. Somtimes things are coming up so I am in it more 15+ times a day. But I am guaranteed to be in it atleast 3 times a day. I always carry my bible..always..and if I have like a dinner party or going out to a place and i am carrying a small purse..I just take along the new testament with proverbs and pslams ....it changes your life..I tell ya.

Continue to be lead. Oh and I don't know if this is too spiritual or techinical..but maybe you want to capitalize spirit..The Spirit!

If it is..you can dismiss it..alright peace.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This is much to think about. Although I have Bibles, Devotionals and Journals in my purse and carry bag (I even have a small one in my dance bag), I still depend on having my cell phone as well.

On my computer at home and work, I have www.biblegateway.com, The Daily Word and The Upper Room to click on throughout the day, I still have my cell phone charging right next to me.

Sooooo, Poohbear, you've given me a 'check' in my spirit. For I have turned around and come back into my home to get my forgotten cell phone...more than once. :look:

Thanks for posting this. I like it alot.

God bless you everyone...

Love,

"Shimmie..." :)

ArrrBeee

Definitely something to think about. For me, I would be better served spending more time in the Bible and less time on LHCF.

Denim And Leather

Not Rapunzel said:
Definitely something to think about. For me, I would be better served spending more time in the Bible and less time on LHCF.

You and me both. I think about the time I spend here (which has been a lot lately), I could be in God's Word! :blush:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Denim And Leather said:
You and me both. I think about the time I spend here (which has been a lot lately), I could be in God's Word! :blush:

Ouch! You are so convicting me about my time online. :( Isn't it interesting how it all started with 'hair' and now we're everywhere on this forum I still have to thank God for this section. The prayers and each of you...

Love and blessings,

Shimmie...:)

Denim And Leather

ShimmieGirl said:
Ouch! You are so convicting me about my time online. :( Isn't it interesting how it all started with 'hair' and now we're everywhere on this forum I still have to thank God for this section. The prayers and each of you...

Love and blessings,

Shimmie...:)

Amen, sister! I came on here to learn to better care for my hair, and lately I've been on the Off Topic forum, and even reading the Gossip forum, two forums I specifically did not want to get into. I know too well how addicting these message boards can get!

I'm going try to stick to the hair and Christianity forum. And I better get off this here computer and go read my Bible, lol! :lol:

Good night, and God bless you, Lady! :)