Beware of Bling

200AndOne

I DC'd with this stuff last night and as I was applying it, I caught little glints of light in the mirror. I'm thinking, that must be the pearl extracts - here are the ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyquaternium-32, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Pearl Powder, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Biotin, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 15985 (Yellow 6).

and claims:
Indulge your hair with our exclusive formula containing silk amino acids and pearl extracts that will condition, reconstruct and transform damaged hair into manageable, healthy and lustrous tresses. This conditioning treatment will moisturize, repair, and protect damaged hair. This formula is light enough to use daily and moisturizing enought to use as a weekly treatment.

The jury's still out on whether my tresses are transformed - but the one thing it did do was leave me with a head full of glitter! I want my hair to shine and all, but walking around looking like Rainbow Brite is not exactly what I had in mind :ohwell:

Attachments

• smooth.jpg
    smooth.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 39
I DC'd with this stuff last night and as I was applying it, I caught little glints of light in the mirror. I'm thinking, that must be the pearl extracts - here are the ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyquaternium-32, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Pearl Powder, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Biotin, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 15985 (Yellow 6).

and claims:
Indulge your hair with our exclusive formula containing silk amino acids and pearl extracts that will condition, reconstruct and transform damaged hair into manageable, healthy and lustrous tresses. This conditioning treatment will moisturize, repair, and protect damaged hair. This formula is light enough to use daily and moisturizing enought to use as a weekly treatment.

The jury's still out on whether my tresses are transformed - but the one thing it did do was leave me with a head full of glitter! I want my hair to shine and all, but walking around looking like Rainbow Brite is not exactly what I had in mind :ohwell:

I know you're serious and all, but this right here had me laughin:lachen:

The scary thing is as soon as I read the ingriedients I knew by heart the product!

I have used one of these packets in a pre-poo before and still wound up with bits of glitter in my hair afterward.

this is one of my staples right here....i've never noticed it leaving any bling in my hair though :lachen:

I just used this two days ago. I love this stuff and now that they have the tubs of it at Kmart, I am good to go.

I actually like the glitter.....I wish my hair would hold on to more of it.

I just used this two days ago. I love this stuff and now that they have the tubs of it at Kmart, I am good to go.

that's cool - i figured some people probably would like it. i obviously don't dislike it that much - i surely have not washed it out :look:

r u serious?? maybe i did a piss-poor job of rinsing :perplexed, but i promise u, i feel like i've got a disco ball on my head

Maybe your hair is thicker than mine? I never get too much of it stuck in my head. Maybe next time you can try massaging some conditioner through after you use it to help move the glitter bits along

Maybe your hair is thicker than mine? I never get too much of it stuck in my head. Maybe next time you can try massaging some conditioner through after you use it to help move the glitter bits along

i may try that - i haven't completely sworn it off yet. u really like the results?? after i rinsed, i put in a little WGHO and airdried in two ponytails. today my hair did have a lot more shine than i'm used to (glitter excluded)

I also knew what you were talking about before finishing the paragraph.

I liked the glitter. It looked cute in my NG.

i may try that - i haven't completely sworn it off yet. u really like the results?? after i rinsed, i put in a little WGHO and airdried in two ponytails. today my hair did have a lot more shine than i'm used to (glitter excluded)

I really like this conditioner. Reminds me of Motions silk protein conditioner. My hair feels really strong after using it and I only need to use it for a minute.

the tubs are so convenient they better not discontinue this stuff i would be sooo hurt :perplexed.

next time i use it i'm really going to have to pay attention to see if i have any glitter too.

r u serious?? maybe i did a piss-poor job of rinsing :perplexed, but i promise u, i feel like i've got a disco ball on my head

lol a disco ball ?? with all that thick pretty hair on your head it's probably hard to rinse out :) but yeah, i do love this stuff though, i usually use it as a mild protein treatment at least once a week, makes my hair very strong and silky :lick:

uuuuuuuuugggggggggh I HATED THIS ISH! Not only did it leave me with a head full of PIXIE DUST :freakout:, it also left my hair feeling incredibly coated. I think I washed immediately the next day, it was horrible.

Last edited:
LOL @ Rainbow Brite!! ....I like her :lachen::lachen: she's my friend :lachen::lachen: I mean...look at my siggy....I got the whole coloristic thing going on...I might need to go pick this stuff up!

and claims:

Hilarious. I'll be sure to avoid that one. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

uuuuuuuuugggggggggh I HATED THIS ISH! Not only did it leave me with a head full of PIXIE DUST :freakout:, it also left my hair feeling incredibly coated. I think I washed immediately the next day, it was horrible.

LOL @ pixie dust - i still haven't washed it out yet though :look:

Back