Best way to Use Shikakai Powder

msjones

Hello! I just restocked my henna supply and picked up some shikakai powder as well. How should I used this? Should I add it do the henna? Add to my shampoo? How much should I use? If I should use it with water, what's the ratio I should use it in?

alexstin

Hello! I just restocked my henna supply and picked up some shikakai powder as well. How should I used this? Should I add it do the henna? Add to my shampoo? How much should I use? If I should use it with water, what's the ratio I should use it in?

I prefer to mix with my henna. I've also used it mixed with condish.

LaNecia

:wave:

I use the Shikakai powder with Henna and also as a wash (with Aritha, Neem, Amla and Bringraj powders).

For Henna, I add 2 tbsp to 100 grams of henna (box).

When using for a wash, I add 1 tbsp per 4 cups of water (FNWL says something like 1 tsp). You don't need a lot but just remember as an herbal wash it won't lather very much (if at all) but it's really nice to the hair.

HTH

Cayenne0622

Can it be drying? I added about a tablespoon to my henna application this weekend and I noticed my hair was not as silky when rinsing out this time. Normally, my fingers just run through my hair when I rinse out my henna.

vickid

I've used Shikakai powder as a scalp scrub for about 3 yrs. It cleansed the sebum from my scalp and made my hair grow, grow, grow. I mixed 2 T powder, 1tsp. amla, coconut or shikakai oil, and 1 tsp water. I massaged it into my scalp and let it dry. Rinsed and conditioned my hair. Shikakai really does work wonders!

jovan787

I mix mines with Henna but mostly with a conditioner like cholesterol and some amla oil. My hair is so strong afterwards and it stops shedding in its tracks

Lavendar

I mix a couple of Tbs in my henna and I also use it as a separate deep conditioner on clarified hair. I mix 50 g (half pack) with half a can of coconut milk, 2 T honey, 2 T coconut oil, and 1T conditioner. I leave in on a couple of hours with heat. This recipe makes my hair strong and super moisturized.:yep:

alexstin

I've used Shikakai powder as a scalp scrub for about 3 yrs. It cleansed the sebum from my scalp and made my hair grow, grow, grow. I mixed 2 T powder, 1tsp. amla, coconut or shikakai oil, and 1 tsp water. I massaged it into my scalp and let it dry. Rinsed and conditioned my hair. Shikakai really does work wonders!

That sounds good.:yep: I only tried it as a wash once. I just got lazy and didn't want to rinse all that stuff out of my hair. I think I'll try it again.

sareca

I either add it to my henna mix or I mix it with bhringraj and alma to make a rinse.

LABETT

I mix it with Elucence Conditioner,JBCO,Water to make a paste and let it sit on my hair for 5-10 minutes and rinse,Follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

I have used to Shikakai Shampoo Bar and it works great too,very moisiturizing.

mscocoface

The soap version is good.

I also make a tea out of this and will use it as a spritz with T50 oil (helps preserve it) and I will mix it with other products, conditioners and just as a rinse.

I use it with just about everything and sometimes alone. There is also an oil too that you can use.

I will put 3-4 table spoons in about 3-4 cups of water, boil for about 30 minutes, let it sit for an hour and then strain with cheesecloth/strainer and then use accordingly.

jade998

Many Thanks ladies, I am trying to see if it helps with my slight shedding.

Will love to stop in completely in its tracks!!!!!

carameldiva

Forgot to add- my experience was very positive. My hair and scalp felt great. It stopped my shedding and my hair felt so soft. This is a winner. I will do this at least once a week. When i did it last i made a tea with shikakai powder, amla powder and aritha powder.

carameldiva

This morning, I mixed shikakai powder, fo-ti powder, aritha and rhassoul clay and made a paste. Applied that to my hair and scalp and then put on a thin, plastic cap and sat under the dryer for twenty minutes. Then i rinsed this out in the shower, and conditioned my hair. Great results as usual.